Injury Report: Cowen to have hernia surgery

WhiteLight*

IIRC, Murray said after the playoffs that Cowen probably would need surgery but told him to hold off for the time being in case we needed him for the playoffs.

Something he could play through if needed.

I dunno. Sens have other D.

Anyway, Sens have been eliminated for a while now

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Seems weird that he wouldn't have this surgery like the day after the season ended, but I'm no doctor, so my opinion is pretty inconsequencial in the larger picture, haha.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Murray said like half the team had injuries and went into specifics on Cowen and karlsson.

Mthot, Boro, MacA, EK injured, Stone, Puempel, Phillips. Zibanejad, EK injured. Are the guys who finished the year injured as well as Cowen

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Cowen is a big and mobile defenseman.

knee injury.

He still has a little bit of speed for a big man...maybe he can recover?

hip injury.

He has no mobility...but maybe it's due to him not fully recovering from his last injury.

Hernia.

Yeah...trade him for what you can get. i know this isn't fresh news, but he's done here.

if the above part of the post didn't convince you that we need to get rid of this guy, listen to his comments when asked about potentially getting back into the lineup in the playoffs. He prioritized bitterness over excitement.

I'm over cowen.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Cowen is a big and mobile defenseman.

knee injury.

He still has a little bit of speed for a big man...maybe he can recover?

hip injury.

He has no mobility...but maybe it's due to him not fully recovering from his last injury.

Hernia.

Yeah...trade him for what you can get. i know this isn't fresh news, but he's done here.

if the above part of the post didn't convince you that we need to get rid of this guy, listen to his comments when asked about potentially getting back into the lineup in the playoffs. He prioritized bitterness over excitement.

I'm over cowen.

I think his comments were more because he knew he was injured. He said he would play if they needed him

Xamar*

They should give players a mandatory intelligence test before they get drafted into the NHL. It would help teams avoid drafting players with a rock for a brain.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Really tough decision here, do you trade the guy now when he has very little value left because you think that his career is virtually over.

Or, do you hope the surgery goes well and hope that he rebounds and then move him for a bigger return/keep him for the 3rd pair.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
They should give players a mandatory intelligence test before they get drafted into the NHL. It would help teams avoid drafting players with a rock for a brain.

Well.... They interview Methot and the one person he would like to meet living or dead...... In the world is Axl Rose..... So he is a flipping moron.... Except he is actually blessed with good instincts on the ice.

Greening has a degree from an Ivy League university. He is incredibly bright... (As well as mega strong and fast like an action figure). He is the total package.... Except hockey instincts.

Yeah... IQ test don't matter.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

No wait, he might be on to something, though not for hockey. I'm sure there are some tests that could be administered before activating HF accounts that would make this place far better off, clean up some off the absurd posts before they even get typed and save the mods a lot of work.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well.... They interview Methot and the one person he would like to meet living or dead...... In the world is Axl Rose..... So he is a flipping moron.... Except he is actually blessed with good instincts on the ice.

Greening has a degree from an Ivy League university. He is incredibly bright... (As well as mega strong and fast like an action figure). He is the total package.... Except hockey instincts.

Yeah... IQ test don't matter.
People are allowed to have different opinions on whom they think are interesting people ,and not be considered a moron :nod:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
How has it taken this long to get it done? Its an 8 week recovery before they can start training again. Another lost summer for Cowen. Getting it up for Training Camp will need lots of effort as well.

Hope Borowiecki has had his already.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Very strange decision. If it was me, I'd get the surgery done within a few days of the end of the season/playoffs to make use of the long summer and extra days to make sure everything is 100% by training camp.

This is the make it or break it year for Cowen....why let a good 3-4 weeks of recovery time disappear like that?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
the 200 Game mark is a big one for Dmen - remember when everyone was saying that Hedmond was a bust as a #2 overall and the Bolts should of taken Duchesne?

Ottawa and Cowen should make it the goal that he reaches 300 games this year, that means a full season and 2 playoff rounds - I think he takes another big step this season and becomes a solid top 4.

Ottawas biggest step forward this year is not trades, it's guys like Cowen, Lazar, Pageau, Stone, Hoffman all being better players,.

I know this sounds crazy but Cowen could play at a Norris level this season, he could be Seabrooke type of Dman for us, he has the leadership and the competitive ability, he just needs to put it all together.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
No wait, he might be on to something, though not for hockey. I'm sure there are some tests that could be administered before activating HF accounts that would make this place far better off, clean up some off the absurd posts before they even get typed and save the mods a lot of work.

dream-the-impossible-1-9.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad