COVID-19: The final countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think it’s more nuanced than elderly vs essential worker. Elderly in busy long term care facilities should get it first, but like my grandmother who never leaves her house probably doesn’t need it over a supermarket cashier or airport security or other essential workers.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
UPMC sent me Email that said a loose order of distribution and expectations that everyone should have availability of the vaccine by Spring.

When Will I Be Able to Receive the Vaccine?
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
  • Early vaccine supplies are limited, and distribution is happening in phases. We are now offering the vaccine to our health care workers — those who have worked tirelessly since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to keep our communities healthy.
  • We will provide vaccines to our staff and residents at long-term care facilities as vaccines arrive.
  • Vaccine access will then expand to essential workers, individuals with health conditions that put them at risk of COVID-19, and then to the general population.
  • We are hopeful to have widespread distribution of the vaccine to community members in spring 2021. We are working closely with state and federal government officials during this process.
  • UPMC hospitals, doctors’ offices, and clinics cannot provide patients with COVID-19 vaccines at this time.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Spoke with my Gran back home, she is feeling fine with no issues. She was very impressed with the setup at the clinic. All in, she was there 20 minutes.

Name / ID check at the door
Taken to a consulting room
Nurse arrives and confirms details
Stab
Taken to a waiting area for 15 minutes to check for immediate side effect
Booted out the door :laugh:

My Aunt, who took her to the appointment waited outside and was talking to a member of staff, he told her that they were vaccinating 300 per day at this one clinic.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
upload_2020-12-19_18-12-13.gif

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Finally some clarity in the order of distribution.

Who gets Covid-19 vaccine next? Older adults and 'frontline essential workers,' CDC advisers recommend - CNN

I am in the third group assuming that Pennsylvania follows the CDC guidelines, as they said they will on their official website.

The category of other essential workers in Phase 1c includes people in transportation and logistics, food service, construction and shelter and housing, finance, IT and communication, the energy sector, the media, the legal sector, public safety and water and wastewater industries.

Here is the Pennsylvania website:

Coronavirus in Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
My father was given an appointment by UPMC tomorrow at 9 am to get his Covid-19 vaccine shot. My girlfriend still doesn't have a date. But very happy that he will at least be on the path for being safe.

Plus who knows what she will be able to do to you with that third arm she grows from it.

Or better yet.....

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F~%2Fmedia%2F7295b2d3d3844ec393101bec117c2b26.ashx

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Actual good news (potential, but very likely) for everyone, particularly business owners who took PPP loans:

Senate passed the latest relief bill 92-6, and Trump is reportedly ready to sign same. Yeah, we’ll get some cash, depending on family size, but of particular value is they finally “fixed” PPP, as we hoped they would. Here's the real value for "small" business:

•PPP loans forgiven are not taxable income but the expenses that give rise to forgiveness are tax deductible. So businesses get the best of both worlds, as Congress originally intended.

•The bill language reads in part that “no deduction shall be denied or reduced, no tax attribute shall be reduced, and no basis increase shall be denied, by reason of the exclusion from gross income.”

•PPP loan recipients of $150,000 or less are granted automatic loan forgiveness.

•Within 24 days, the SBA is expected to release guidance on a required one page certification that eligible recipients will need to complete.

This is great news and will save participating businesses thousands, and a bunch of wasted compliance time, assuming one hasn't already completed loan forgiveness documentation which is now no longer necessary.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Actual good news (potential, but very likely) for everyone, particularly business owners who took PPP loans:

Senate passed the latest relief bill 92-6, and Trump is reportedly ready to sign same. Yeah, we’ll get some cash, depending on family size, but of particular value is they finally “fixed” PPP, as we hoped they would. Here's the real value for "small" business:

•PPP loans forgiven are not taxable income but the expenses that give rise to forgiveness are tax deductible. So businesses get the best of both worlds, as Congress originally intended.

•The bill language reads in part that “no deduction shall be denied or reduced, no tax attribute shall be reduced, and no basis increase shall be denied, by reason of the exclusion from gross income.”

•PPP loan recipients of $150,000 or less are granted automatic loan forgiveness.

•Within 24 days, the SBA is expected to release guidance on a required one page certification that eligible recipients will need to complete.

This is great news and will save participating businesses thousands, and a bunch of wasted compliance time, assuming one hasn't already completed loan forgiveness documentation which is now no longer necessary.
My business-speak is a little rusty, but this all sounds like good news, so cheers to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad