COVID-19 Part IV (not an election discussion topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

New record!

Also, getting hit by a reindeer is the least of Grandma's concerns this holiday season.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yep. Don't give a shit about Covid, and don't give a shit about anyone else but themselves. This country blows.

I would argue that some of the people in this country blow and than I still love the country but we don't need to dive into that again.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think the Florida Governor doubled down on his refusal to institute a mask mandate and basically has everything completely open as normal.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I mean it is true but it comes down to personal responsibility as well. People don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves.

I’d argue half this country is too stupid to even care about themselves.

Reactions: Pez68

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Nah. I think that is a little much.

Disagree. Look at the numbers, both in Covid and the about if people that voted for Trump AGAIN.

It’s a pretty stupid country as a whole. Yes, lots of smart people out there.... but a whole lot more idiots than smart people.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Disagree. Look at the numbers, both in Covid and the about if people that voted for Trump AGAIN.

It’s a pretty stupid country as a whole. Yes, lots of smart people out there.... but a whole lot more idiots than smart people.

Yeah, there are a lot of dumb people in this country.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

A lot of assumptions made by you. We will leave it there. (We can’t get political or we will get sniped, hence the lack of digging in).

The US ranks in the mid 20’s from an IQ standpoint but I know a lot of smart people that are stupid and a lot stupid people that make smart choices. So as a whole the US is intelligent as we rank in the top 15% internationally.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I mean it is true but it comes down to personal responsibility as well. People don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves.
I have a name for this: Toxic Hyperindividualism. After Covid, we need to re-evaluate our values as a nation. Is this what we truly want the US to be?

Right now it's a country where cheat your neighbor is the national philosophy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyJet

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Canucks did a good thing.

I live and work in Vancouver, this guy is a tool, I have seen him in many settings and been close enough to hear his crap a number of times... Not that I am a Canucks fan but I do go watch about 15 games a season...glad I don't have to deal with his antics at the games any longer.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

No matter what the long term effects of the vaccine are, they can't be any worse than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad