OT: Covid-19 (Part 57) Grand Re-Re-Re-Opening Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Is the government of Alberta a valid source? They opened everything up last summer only to see a huge spike in numbers. That can’t be accounted for by vaccination rates… it’s the same Province. The difference was that they dropped mandates and numbers went through the roof. Kenney had to furiously backpedal and they wound up in lockdowns - again.

Again you are objectively wrong here. This isn’t opinion, it’s what happened. Kenney himself apologized for how he handled it.

Yeah but how do know for sure that a bunch of people suddenly in close proximity to one another is the reason for a spike in cases of a highly contagious virus???

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You are just repeating the same thing again and again. This isn’t the revelation you think it is. Anyone paying attention already knows about this. I notice when u think you’ve got something you’ll post it, but crickets on the evidence of the confederate/nazi flag nonsense.
I’ll take that as an admission that you were wrong. Thanks.

Yeah but how do know for sure that a bunch of people suddenly in close proximity to one another is the reason for a spike in cases of a highly contagious virus???
Yeah. :laugh: There’s no point in saying the passports didn’t work. Of course they did.

It’s going to be interesting going forward though. Only 60 percent protection from the third shot. How many will get that shot and will the governments enforce the third shot for the passports… we don’t know yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The yanks are f***ing pissed. The truckers are blocking off the US border now, cutting off supply chains and causing multiple car factories to close down over here as they can't get parts. Costing a lot of money for the Americans and keeping food off the table for Canadians.
They should be. These clowns are drastically affecting the lives of Canadians and Americans alike and it needs to be dealt with immediately. Take out the trash

Jul 6, 2016
They should be. These clowns are drastically affecting the lives of Canadians and Americans alike and it needs to be dealt with immediately. Take out the trash

Problem is that tey are very well organised and backed up by lots of money coming from alt-right movements. Many of them are ex military or RCMP officers. PLUS, there is about 100 kids in those trucks + women.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Problem is that tey are very well organised and backed up by lots of money coming from alt-right movements. Many of them are ex military or RCMP officers. PLUS, there is about 100 kids in those trucks + women.
It's too late. They should have blocked the streets before the convoy paralize the downtown Ottawa.
It will end when someone resign, or it will last for a long long time.
By chance at Quebec City they knew how to stop them.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The yanks are f***ing pissed. The truckers are blocking off the US border now, cutting off supply chains and causing multiple car factories to close down over here as they can't get parts. Costing a lot of money for the Americans and keeping food off the table for Canadians.
Where is the leadership? Who is the strong figure or the "all together" charismatic leader?

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
It's too late. They should have blocked the streets before the convoy paralize the downtown Ottawa.
It will end when someone resign, or it will last for a long long time.
By chance at Quebec City they knew how to stop them.

Who knows what happens with Ottawa, but the bridges and border points will have to be cleared prompto. Nobody will cry for the individuals involved in those particular blockades.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Well, it's like if you ask me if 1+1=2. Yes the answer is 2. Just basic maths, dude!

Look at countries without covid measures like Brasil and others. What happened? The champions of deaths.

Reactions: Forum93 and 1909

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Who knows what happens with Ottawa, but the bridges and border points will have to be cleared prompto. Nobody will cry for the individuals involved in those particular blockades.
If there is one child or a woman in that bridge convoy and the are cleared with force or brutality, what will happen with the image?. Do you know that world wide we can see canadian flags with anti-measures supporters? Why someone let that happen first?

Reactions: 1909

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
If there is one child or a woman in that bridge convoy and the are cleared with force or brutality, what will happen with the image?. Do you know that world wide we can see canadian flags with anti-measures supporters? Why someone let that happen first?

I don't know why they let it happen but there are at most 100 individuals (if even) on that Windsor bridge. The police can handle this over a day or two without too much brutality.

Either way, what they are doing is illegal and costing Canadians their salary. Get 'em out.

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don't know why they let it happen but there are at most 100 individuals (if even) on that Windsor bridge. The police can handle this over a day or two without too much brutality.

Either way, what they are doing is illegal and costing Canadians their salary. Get 'em out.
It's not that simple. I hope they will be cleared without brutality. It seems easy for you behind your keyboard. Imagine you are police chief in a meeting of that operation.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
It's not that simple. I hope they will be cleared without brutality. It seems easy for you behind your keyboard. Imagine you are police chief in a meeting of that operation.

It's their job...

A major commercial route is being blocked. There are no ifs and buts here.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Not the leadership of the anti-vax, the leadership of the vax people. Where is the leadership of the people in power?

Given that the face of the convoy are people like that lady in the video I posted, I figure they just don't want to legitimize this group.

But I agree with you. They need to do something. Especially because if this was an indigenous group of protestors they would have already beat the shit out of them and thrown them in prison.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Lol, you clearly don't understand 'build back better'.

If the present US administration 'cared' so much about the economy why are container ships way beyond the horizon allowed to go on at Long Beach for many, many months?

This is about maintaining authority and the vaccine passport.

Reactions: Cypruss

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lol, you clearly don't understand 'build back better'.

If the present US administration 'cared' so much about the economy why are container ships way beyond the horizon allowed to go on at Long Beach for many, many months?

This is about maintaining authority and the vaccine passport.

Buddy, if you don't think the US government cares that the auto industry is currently paralyzed by the blockades then I don't know what to tell you.

Jul 6, 2016
When indigenous protestors blocked a train it took then 30 minutes to send in the SWAT team.

SWAT and army should be sent to those key locations to backup the police. Arrest the truckers who don't want to move. Cease their keys and trucks. Drive them out of the cities.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Buddy, if you don't think the US government cares that the auto industry is currently paralyzed by the blockades then I don't know what to tell you.
I don't think the US government really cares about the Canadian Auto Industry, just like they don't care about our oil or our pipeline.

Maybe the probkem is I know enough to know what you think is largely irrelevant to what's really going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad