OT: Covid-19 (Part 56) Convoy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I was at the Convoy in the Renfrew area last night around 8:30PM. It was wonderful. Nothing but smiles, families, flags. Was freezing my ass off but I've never felt unity and patriotism like that since I was 16 years old and drove from Montreal to parliament on Canada day. People just want a return to normalcy and to ditch restrictions on our lives. They're fighting for every single canadian whether they can see it yet or not! Go Canada!
Except for, you know, the extra people that would die because they can't get proper care because our health system would get even more overloaded.
And we all want a return to normalcy. We're just waiting for the last 10-15% to do their part so it can become reality.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I don’t consider myself to have an allegiance to any political party. Somethings on the left I agree with and somethings on the right I agree with. I consider both to be tax and spend and too big. I believe in fiscal conservatism to a degree, but I don’t find either party to be serious about that. I believe social programs can be good, I don’t believe government belongs in ppls bedrooms. I believe in a womans right to choose etc, local elections I vote for the person who I think best represents my views. That is sometimes a conservative and sometimes a liberal.

I'm pretty far off, I guess. I respect the idea of "fiscal conservatism" but the only politicians who claim to follow it want to both cut everything they can and discredit government as an institution so that they can justify stealing everything that isn't nailed down and much that is. I would say many social programs are good as long as they are implemented by people who believe in them, and not, say, the people who gave reparations to native Canadians by searching for the most corrupt people they could find, giving them cash with no strings attached, and then coming back the next year to film the obvious waste. I'd say the bedrooms and right to choose are pretty obvious but then some people who talk a lot about personal liberty weirdly oppose them...

I'm pretty much conservative in how I live, that is I try to keep what works and not fix what isn't broken. I find most politicians who claim to be conservative tend to want to make radical changes that don't really help anyone but allow a few very rich people more money that they will never use untaxed in offshore accounts.

In terms of covid I'm worried about the pervasiveness of disinformation, but I don't have a suggestion as to what to do about it. We may get to a point where there are two hospital systems, one for covid and other contagious diseases, and one for everything else. At least then the people choosing not to protect themselves from covid wouldn't be blocking people who don't have a choice from getting the care they need.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Screw Neil Young, he should shut up. Guy used to be anti big corp's & gov, now he is 100% big corp & gov.
I watched the Rogan interview with Dr Malone (along with 50M+ others) & not surprisingly it was labelled misinformation, but they don't pinpoint what was exactly misinformation. No one with that Dr's credentials can discredit what he said. Rogan did a good job of asking basic questions. People should actually watch the interview before condemning it. Most of the Dr's speaking up are against the hospitals & government suppressing the treatment of the people contracting covid. So many more people would have been saved had they been allowed to use therapeutics. Dr Malone's opinion is that kids under 12 should not be given this vaccine unless they have underlying health issues. Not what the government says. Sweden yesterday just banned the use of these vaccines for kids under 12 citing no benefit. He is vaccinated btw & has had covid.
They (Sweden) won't be the first or last to do so. With Omicron being the dominate strain, vaccines have limited effect on it-per the CEO of Pfizer (before his video was pulled from youtube). Big pharma is now working on trials for a booster for Omicron now. So what is the push vaccines on everyone with vaccine that has limited effectiveness on the new variant? All abut money & power. Trudeau wants full obedience. NO questions asked. I also recommend watching Senator Ron Johnson,video "Covid-a second opinion" for even more information regarding a vaccine that provides no immunity.
i also recommend a Montreal Lawyer on youtube, Viva Frei-has pretty good insight into issues.
Neil Young is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else, but he made a pretty big miscalculation expecting Spotify to side with him over his ultimatum. This was a no brainer for them.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The manifestation going on in Ottawa is the PROOF that we are living in a free country. Such a convoy in Russia, China, North Korea or even USA would had been blocked swiftly and with force. By the way, US also demands truckers to get their vaccines.

That manifestation is an insult to the 90% of the population who had been vaccinated and are following the rules. I certainly won't applaud a bunch of in vaccinated hard heads who have just not helped Canada to get rid of COVID and restrictions earlier. Folks who are lead by a bunch of pro Trump ass lickers and far right activists.
Some of those 90% you’re so proud of are at the convoy. Talk about ignorance.

Reactions: SOLR

Jul 6, 2016
Some of those 90% you’re so proud of are at the convoy. Talk about ignorance.
Very few. And you did not react to the fact that they are lead and financed by a bunch of Alt- right, Nazis. But I am m not surprised. Talk about ignorance.

If we have still restrictions, it is a lot because of them . Wow, great heroes !!!!

And when their favourite politician is f***ing dummy Maxime Bernier, it says a lot.

Last edited:

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Screw Neil Young, he should shut up. Guy used to be anti big corp's & gov, now he is 100% big corp & gov.
I watched the Rogan interview with Dr Malone (along with 50M+ others) & not surprisingly it was labelled misinformation, but they don't pinpoint what was exactly misinformation. No one with that Dr's credentials can discredit what he said. Rogan did a good job of asking basic questions. People should actually watch the interview before condemning it. Most of the Dr's speaking up are against the hospitals & government suppressing the treatment of the people contracting covid. So many more people would have been saved had they been allowed to use therapeutics. Dr Malone's opinion is that kids under 12 should not be given this vaccine unless they have underlying health issues. Not what the government says. Sweden yesterday just banned the use of these vaccines for kids under 12 citing no benefit. He is vaccinated btw & has had covid.
They (Sweden) won't be the first or last to do so. With Omicron being the dominate strain, vaccines have limited effect on it-per the CEO of Pfizer (before his video was pulled from youtube). Big pharma is now working on trials for a booster for Omicron now. So what is the push vaccines on everyone with vaccine that has limited effectiveness on the new variant? All abut money & power. Trudeau wants full obedience. NO questions asked. I also recommend watching Senator Ron Johnson,video "Covid-a second opinion" for even more information regarding a vaccine that provides no immunity.
i also recommend a Montreal Lawyer on youtube, Viva Frei-has pretty good insight into issues.

What the actual f*** are you smoking?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm pretty far off, I guess. I respect the idea of "fiscal conservatism" but the only politicians who claim to follow it want to both cut everything they can and discredit government as an institution so that they can justify stealing everything that isn't nailed down and much that is. I would say many social programs are good as long as they are implemented by people who believe in them, and not, say, the people who gave reparations to native Canadians by searching for the most corrupt people they could find, giving them cash with no strings attached, and then coming back the next year to film the obvious waste. I'd say the bedrooms and right to choose are pretty obvious but then some people who talk a lot about personal liberty weirdly oppose them...

I'm pretty much conservative in how I live, that is I try to keep what works and not fix what isn't broken. I find most politicians who claim to be conservative tend to want to make radical changes that don't really help anyone but allow a few very rich people more money that they will never use untaxed in offshore accounts.

In terms of covid I'm worried about the pervasiveness of disinformation, but I don't have a suggestion as to what to do about it. We may get to a point where there are two hospital systems, one for covid and other contagious diseases, and one for everything else. At least then the people choosing not to protect themselves from covid wouldn't be blocking people who don't have a choice from getting the care they need.
I’ll reply later when off my phone. Good post overall, I disagree with some of your positions here. I just had the auto refresh wipe out my reply again. I don’t know why I bother trying to get into a complicated discussion from my phone. This happened twice today. I enjoy your post and it deserves an honest response.

LarryO

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Neil Young is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else, but he made a pretty big miscalculation expecting Spotify to side with him over his ultimatum. This was a no brainer for them.
I don't think it was a miscalculation at all. I'm sure he knew the numbers and was expecting that result. There are more important things in life than money. The income he would get from Spotify is not worth compromising his principles. That was a no-brainer for him. And Joni Mitchell has joined him. I'm proud of them.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Did some research, checked some sources? Obviously not. Stay asleep. Stay obedient.

Oh you don't know who you are talking to son.

Show your work right now. What therapeutics? Can you even remember the name of the medications Dr. Malone talked about? Can YOU show me the peer reviewed papers demonstrating their usefulness.

I would really love to know, because I would instantly make my way to the INSPQ (it's like a 30 minute drive from my place) right the f*** now and show them how to save lives! I would be a hero! You know what, no, you do it, I will give you the address.

You don't know what you are talking about. And I could argue with you if that is what you want, but please understand that I do my best to back my arguments with peer reviewed data, something you probably don't value very much. So if all you can do is project your lack of critical thinking onto others, please don't respond.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I don't think it was a miscalculation at all. I'm sure he knew the numbers and was expecting that result. There are more important things in life than money. The income he would get from Spotify is not worth compromising his principles. That was a no-brainer for him. And Joni Mitchell has joined him. I'm proud of them.
Yep, we need more censoring. It’s the only thing we are missing. No one ever gets sick of that until it is them that is being canceled.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Very few. And you did not react to the fact that they are lead and financed by a bunch of Alt- right, Nazis. But I am m not surprised. Talk about ignorance.

If we have still restrictions, it is a lot because of them . Wow, great heroes !!!!

And when their favourite politician is f***ing dummy Maxime Bernier, it says a lot.
Yep, it was alt-right nazis that donated to go fund me. Here’s a straw, grasp at it.

We’re two years in with restrictions. Have you been in a deep sleep? If we still have restrictions, it’s on them. It’s not if we will have new restrictions, it’s when and it will have nothing to do with the truckers.

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan92 and SOLR

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Financed by alt-right Nazis? Hmm ok, this is…a little far there buddy. Libertarians are neither far right, alt-right or Nazi, and its a much more appropriate descriptor for what these people are. But for you apparently, anyone right of your religion is Nazi.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Financed by alt-right Nazis? Hmm ok, this is…a little far there buddy. Libertarians are neither far right, alt-right or Nazi, and its a much more appropriate descriptor for what these people are. But for you apparently, anyone right of your religion is Nazi.
I’m seeing a theme here with those that don’t support the convoy. Tell me who the hateful ones are. I don’t think it’s the truckers and supporters of the truckers.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I like Neil’s music, that won’t change. I think he was out of place here, but meh, I don’t care enough about it.

To be really frank, if I was his age with his amount of money and fame, I would probably do all kind of wacky shit too :laugh:

I can't say much about Rogan in particular. I never listened to a whole show once. One of my very good friend loves him and made me listen to some samples and it was interesting.

I worry about people that believe some of the guests though if there is no one to refute wild claims. This previous poster, talked about Dr. Malone... I mean this man is brilliant, and he is a very charismatic speaker. But talks about governements not using "therapeutics " and thus endangering covid patients... this is conspiracy nut territory.

Anyway, I have a hard time debating this subject because I value free speech as much as I value factual data driven arguments :laugh:. I always stand in the middle being very ambivalent.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad