OT: Covid-19 (Part 56) Convoy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
People believing things that are wrong isn't a problem? Of course it is.
It’s not new. And nah it isn’t really scary. I bear witness to only one God and He taught me that fear is for idiots who don’t realize they’re going to die regardless of their paranoia and caution.

I can see why it’s scary to some of y’all tho for sure.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It’s not new. And nah it isn’t really scary. I bear witness to only one God and He taught me that fear is for idiots who don’t realize they’re going to die regardless of their paranoia and caution.

I can see why it’s scary to some of y’all tho for sure.

God thought you fear is for idiots? What passage does this come from exactly?

Reactions: Forum93 and LarryO

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
It ain’t even scary lol. People are just wusses.

Not sure it's the scariness, they are imagining scarier things. Life's just complicated and they're simplifying. It's sort of charmingly naive that they think people could pull off all of these secret conspiracies. The only real conspiracies are the in your face obvious ones, like dictators keeping power, and rich people sleazing and scamming; no secrets at all.

It's way simpler to assume a conspiracy instead of covid, and it makes it easy to justify acting like a selfish jerk. It's wrong, but it's easy, so, so much less to learn.

Reactions: Milhouse40

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
You're referring to the people who think Trudeau is engineering a communist take over (with the help of the Chinese, of course), right? Right?
Fear don’t discriminize my friend. It’s like a thick fog in the air, I just hope we learn to wear our metaphorical masks soon enough.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
When that unreliable media is more reliable than that mainstream media…scary world indeed.

It isn't but the fact people believe so is ultimately a big issue with the mainstream media. They've lost the confidence of the average consumer.

I won't sit here and say the mainstream media is reliable but I wouldn't call some of the alternatives reliable either. They tend to be reactionary and while they fill in the gap in certain aspects, they are completely overboard in others.

This is a bigger issue in the US where media has very obvious political biases.

Reactions: the

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal

Very interesting talk about the charter of rights, in relation to the covid mandates.

Let's see if we'll get an actual honest discussion out of this, or just some good ole fashionable ad hominem.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Very interesting talk about the charter of rights, in relation to the covid mandates.

Let's see if we'll get an actual honest discussion out of this, or just some good ole fashionable ad hominem.

AFAIK, none of those rights are actually violated if you follow the charter. I haven't listened to the whole 1 hour 22 minutes, but it sure seemed like a big waste of time.

Reactions: Milhouse40

xDirtyxSkunkx

Jan 26, 2016
im so sick and tired of this sh*t! I've had a surgery to the brain in 2020 (yeah covid just started and had a delay to the surgery), when the vax started i asked my doctor if i should take the ''jab'' he said NO, just wait and see. I work in a grocery store, i am unvaxxed not because i am antivax but because i am SCARED, antivax says i will die of cancer in 5-10 years because of it and provax says trust the science, from a company (pfizer) that are knowed for fraud (yeah google it the government website one). i have worked full time for the past 2 years (except for the surgery) haven't had covid not once. my coworkers stress me to take the ''jab'' most of my family don't talk to me, the government threat me with taxes and what not, I'm tired of stress, overwork, losing family and friends for this sh*t, the division everywhere, is this gonna end ? and when ? 100% of people vaccinated will not stop this madness is it ? i want the vaccine, the one that will WORK , one and it's OVER.

well sorry for my english and rant

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
im so sick and tired of this sh*t! I've had a surgery to the brain in 2020 (yeah covid just started and had a delay to the surgery), when the vax started i asked my doctor if i should take the ''jab'' he said NO, just wait and see. I work in a grocery store, i am unvaxxed not because i am antivax but because i am SCARED, antivax says i will die of cancer in 5-10 years because of it and provax says trust the science, from a company (pfizer) that are knowed for fraud (yeah google it the government website one). i have worked full time for the past 2 years (except for the surgery) haven't had covid not once. my coworkers stress me to take the ''jab'' most of my family don't talk to me, the government threat me with taxes and what not, I'm tired of stress, overwork, losing family and friends for this sh*t, the division everywhere, is this gonna end ? and when ? 100% of people vaccinated will not stop this madness is it ? i want the vaccine, the one that will WORK , one and it's OVER.

well sorry for my english and rant

The pandemic has certainly been stressful, hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

I'm sure you'll find good information here about the vaccines, we have a few resident scientists.

Cheers.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Not sure it's the scariness, they are imagining scarier things. Life's just complicated and they're simplifying. It's sort of charmingly naive that they think people could pull off all of these secret conspiracies. The only real conspiracies are the in your face obvious ones, like dictators keeping power, and rich people sleazing and scamming; no secrets at all.

It's way simpler to assume a conspiracy instead of covid, and it makes it easy to justify acting like a selfish jerk. It's wrong, but it's easy, so, so much less to learn.
Well said. Conspiracies are for the simple minded because they're inherently emotional, they don't require any actual thinking or analyses. "There's bad guys scheming against me! :scared:"

The emotional component also explains why they're such effective tools for manipulation ... and that is scary too

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Because there is no such thing as mainstream media anymore.

It's corporate media, subservient to their owners. More or less PR machines.

In Canada, if the government/Google isn't financing them they are all on their way to bankruptcy.
haha that makes no sense. all i hear on this board is complaining about 'mainstream media' but now you're saying it doesn't exist? :sarcasm: also, outside of CBC/BBC, when have large media outlets not been corporate? that's always been their nature ...

anyways, I was asking @LyricalLyricist, curious what his answer is

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It ain’t even scary lol. People are just wusses.
It isn't but the fact people believe so is ultimately a big issue with the mainstream media. They've lost the confidence of the average consumer.

I won't sit here and say the mainstream media is reliable but I wouldn't call some of the alternatives reliable either. They tend to be reactionary and while they fill in the gap in certain aspects, they are completely overboard in others.

This is a bigger issue in the US where media has very obvious political biases.
Our media is an extension of our government. There is nothing reliable or truthful about our msm. We are not any better than the US in this regard. Investigative journalism doesn’t really exist anymore. It’s a shame.

Reactions: Cypruss

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Well after all this support for the truckers I better not hear a goddamn peep the next time a First Nations group blocks a gas pipeline in protest.
Lol I know a guy that blasted the railway blockade because it cost him car sales and he would gladly starve if the truckers blocked things for months. Funny world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad