OT: Covid-19 (Part 44) Closer Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Hopefully, nothing major as I'm going on vacation in 2 days for 2 weeks.
Rented 2 cottages in Quebec.

I think you'll be fine.....but the last sentence is about getting the 2 doses.....and it came after NY announced their vaccine passport for some activities, so it's probably that.

Reactions: llamateizer

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They can as long as they have papers showing they are fully vaccinated. Those who fraudulently try and get in using faked documents will get theirs trust me on that.
Sorry, I was talking specifically about the couple who lied about taking the vaccine. As far as I'm concerned they shouldn't be allowed to cross the border again.

Travelers who are fully vaccinated? Sure. No problem with that at all.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sorry, I was talking specifically about the couple who lied about taking the vaccine. As far as I'm concerned they shouldn't be allowed to cross the border again.

Travelers who are fully vaccinated? Sure. No problem with that at all.
It will happen, people try and fake any official document from passports to Visas to work or student permits. Some will try and fake vaccine records and since they aren't an official document with proper safety measures etc. some will get by.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It will happen, people try and fake any official document from passports to Visas to work or student permits. Some will try and fake vaccine records and since they aren't an official document with proper safety measures etc. some will get by.
Sure, some will get by. No doubt about that.

But those that are caught should lose the privilege of coming to Canada.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
"Trials of War Criminals before the Nuremberg Military Tribunals under Control Council Law
No. 10", Vol. 2, pp. 181-182. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1949."

The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential.
This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be
so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element
of force, fraud, deceit, duress, over-reaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and
should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter
involved, as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision.

For the avoidance of all doubt, what you are advocating is in direct contravention of the Nurenberg Code. The Western powers executed people for forcing medications on people under duress.

If you're happy with that, then there really is no point engaging in any further debate on this thread.

And there it is. It always start with innocent stuff, you argue for a while and then they show you they are deep in the rabbit hole.

Reactions: Milhouse40

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
And there it is. It always start with innocent stuff, you argue for a while and then they show you they are deep in the rabbit hole.

To be honest that was one of the most unhinged antivax posts I have seen on here. Got to think he's just joking around.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sure, some will get by. No doubt about that.

But those that are caught should lose the privilege of coming to Canada.
Actually the max is $750,000 fine and/or up to 6 months in jail!!

The docs have to be submitted online now. You can still try and come in without being vaccinated but you have to be honest about it and will still have to quarantine.

To be considered fully vaccinated, you must:
  • be eligible to enter Canada
  • have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
  • have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
    • Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
  • upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
Accepted vaccines:
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273)
  • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
  • Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:
  • Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
  • Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
  • Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
  • Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
  • Other
The list of accepted vaccines may expand in the future.
If you received your vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.
Entry requirements for the fully vaccinated exemption

Fully vaccinated travellers must follow the entry requirements:
  • Pre-entry test required
  • Quarantine plan in case you don’t get the exemption
  • Arrival test
  • Requirements checklist

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I couldn't believe it. :laugh: I was just absolutely shocked by that.

How the hell did folks get to this point?

It's starts off as: I'm an expert in risk analysis... Okay, then shouldn't you factor in new variants into your risk model? :laugh: And then it jumps to this craziness about Nuremberg.

It's just unbelievable. People have just stopped looking at facts and have decided to just go believe whatever they want to.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Actually the max is $750,000 fine and/or up to 6 months in jail!!

The docs have to be submitted online now. You can still try and come in without being vaccinated but you have to be honest about it and will still have to quarantine.

To be considered fully vaccinated, you must:
  • be eligible to enter Canada
  • have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
  • have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
    • Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
  • upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
Accepted vaccines:
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273)
  • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
  • Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:
  • Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
  • Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
  • Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
  • Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
  • Other
The list of accepted vaccines may expand in the future.
If you received your vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.
Entry requirements for the fully vaccinated exemption

Fully vaccinated travellers must follow the entry requirements:
  • Pre-entry test required
  • Quarantine plan in case you don’t get the exemption
  • Arrival test
  • Requirements checklist
Not enough in my opinion. I'd be all for a lifetime ban. If you're deceitful enough to forge documents to get in here then I don't think you should be allowed in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad