OT: Covid-19 (Part 44) Closer Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
No way people agree to that here with their fear of big governments.
I'm starting to think you're just a contrarian... you've been harping on the miracles of contact tracing instead of vaccination for a few weeks/months which entails telling someone in public health (i.e gov't) everyone you've been in contact with in the recent past and now you say people won't abide with something because they fear big government.

Edit: The team makes it to the finals for the first time in 28 years and 99% of his posts are asinine hot-takes re: Covid with almost zero posts about the team... strange way to keep yourself entertained frankly

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
That’s not contact tracing, that’s ‘Would everyone in Mrs. Smith’s class get a covid test’.

I don't know what you don't understand. I was talking about contact tracing within the school. The outbreaks will be in the school because the kids are the ones who aren't vaccinated.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Your idea of getting little kids parents to consent to contact tracing.

It's been pretty constant since the whole thing started, and it's around 33% that flat out refuse to cooperate with public health for contact tracing.
It could be a coincidence, but today this percentage pretty much overlap with the percentage of people refusing the vaccine.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I'm starting to think you're just a contrarian... you've been harping on the miracles of contact tracing instead of vaccination for a few weeks/months which entails telling someone in public health (i.e gov't) everyone you've been in contact with in the recent past and now you say people won't abide with something because they fear big government.

Edit: The team makes it to the finals for the first time in 28 years and 99% of his posts are asinine hot-takes re: Covid with almost zero posts about the team... strange way to keep yourself entertained frankly
Fyi, I mostly post in the trade and draft forums and I thought I would give it a rest while we are in the playoffs. Also, I want to wait a few weeks into the off season to see what direction we take.

Of course I'm for contact tracing, it's a highly contagious disease, after all . I was just curious why waffledave was out of the blue promoting it.

I'm not anti-vaccine but I am into open and transparent information, which I feel is in short supply in regards to covid for no good reason, imo.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I've been a huge proponent of South Korean contact tracing. The only problem is people fear the government too much here for it to work and contact tracing like Eastern Canada is doing is nowhere near as efficient in a populated place like Montreal. That's why you need other measures.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I've been a huge proponent of South Korean contact tracing. The only problem is people fear the government too much here for it to work and contact tracing like Eastern Canada is doing is nowhere near as efficient in a populated place like Montreal. That's why you need other measures.

Nobody fears the government here. They just love being stubborn little bitches anytime someone asks them to do something. Half this city are whiney little snobs who think their 5 year CEGEP polisci degree is worth a shit.

Reactions: dinodebino

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I've been posting here from when covid began and I have understood with the population density and the contagiousness of covid, cities like Montreal had completely lost containment. That's why I wasn't talking about contact tracing earlier. It just wasn't going to be that effective.

But now it needs to be on the table, for the next phase of life with covid for two reasons: (1) to eliminate covid from Canada and (2) as we open our borders to people returning or entering our country there is going to be reintroductions of covid.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Yay, time for the 3rd dose?

So if someone who got Covid and recovered and now have some immunity to it, and does not want to take the vaccine yet, will have less privilege if we pass the Dubé's bill?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

So if someone who got Covid and recovered and now have some immunity to it, and does not want to take the vaccine yet, will have less privilege if we pass the Dubé's bill?

If cases go up, yes.

Unless they changed things up, you should be able to receive a single dose of the vaccine and be fine.

Reactions: la25ecoupe

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E5s-FfEXIAkx6-A

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

wonder how much $ will he spend to enfore it ? or will he leave the burden to small business owners ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Had to go get tested yesterday. First time since COVID started.

My daughter started day camp on Monday and yesterday morning, she had a runny nose and a cough. Our initial thought was that she caught a bug because while she never missed school all year, that was a private school in a bubble. But at camp, she's exposed to more kids from all over. So we thought it's the usual catching a bug after starting camp. But didn't take a chance.

We called 811 and they told us to go get tested because my daughter had a cough. If it was just a runny nose, we wouldn't need to go.

So we got tested yesterday around 6PM. We all got our results this morning. All of us were negative.

All those years in school failing my tests has paid off. :sarcasm:

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
An honest, trustworthy government would do whatever possible to get hospitals ready for the fall.

They wouldn't coerce, blackmail the population with lockdowns.

Lockdowns backed by no science whatsoever.

By the way, why the segregation if the vaccine works?
Surely.. if 80% are vaxxed, that would translate into much less hospitalizations, wouldn't it?

Let's not get caught up with "doses". According to Pfizer, first dose is 92% protection, and the 2nd adds 3% to that. Hardly a factor.

Unless... yep, it's all politics and nothing to do with public health.

Reactions: Cypruss

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008

95% of the people who tested positive last week weren't vaccinated. And the same percentage of the people hospitalized.

Dubé's playing with words and I think he successfully got you. Saying 95% of positive tested people were not vaccinated is false (he said not adequately vaccinated, but you said not vaccinated). 31% got vaccinated 1 dose and got the Covid, why did he lump them with the non vaccinated ones?

The other thing is people who got vaccinated 2 doses will much less likely go for a Covid test, unless forced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Dubé's playing with words and I think he successfully got you. Saying 95% of positive tested people were not vaccinated is false (he said not adequately vaccinated, but you said not vaccinated). 31% got vaccinated 1 dose and got the Covid, why did he lump them with the non vaccinated ones?

The other thing is people who got vaccinated 2 doses will much less likely go for a Covid test, unless forced.

You are correct about the words being a bit misleading... but still only 5% of all hospitalizations and less than 5% of all cases were people who were FULLY vaccinated. While 80% of the total hospitalizations were unvaccinated.

In any case I am happy as hell to be fully vaccinated. I do understand the lack of trust towards the government, but in this case I think that getting my vaccine will actually lead to greater freedom for me in the long run and I can pick another battle if I choose to. I think that most people will eventually get vaccinated because they won't want the hassles that will come from being unvaccinated.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Hospitalizations doesn't lie.
20% of the unvaccinated are responsible of 80% of the hospitalizations.

Taking the numbers of June 25th (to consider the 14 days)
20% unvaccinated
56% 1 vaccine
24% 2 vaccine

type% populationpositivehospitalization
unvaccinated20%64.5% 80%
1 dose56%31%15%
2 doses24%4.5%5%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Well not really. All vaccines used in Canada are 2 doses vaccines (Janssen is approved, but we are not using it.) You are only considered vaccinated if you got both doses (or covid+1 dose if nothing changed).

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Had one dose a month and bit ago. Had my second shot this morning. Was feeling really sick the last two days so I scheduled a Covid test sunday. It came clear but still sick.

Now I took my second shot as well, so I’m expecting hell the next couple days

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
An honest, trustworthy government would do whatever possible to get hospitals ready for the fall.

They wouldn't coerce, blackmail the population with lockdowns.

Lockdowns backed by no science whatsoever.

By the way, why the segregation if the vaccine works?
Surely.. if 80% are vaxxed, that would translate into much less hospitalizations, wouldn't it?

Let's not get caught up with "doses". According to Pfizer, first dose is 92% protection, and the 2nd adds 3% to that. Hardly a factor.

Unless... yep, it's all politics and nothing to do with public health.
FUD - Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt is what you're referring to.

I agree with you about the single doses being the way to go for the majority of people, But I don't get why the hospitals need to get ready for the fall, why is that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad