OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Sorry a bit random, but got a promotion yesterday for CIUSSS project pilot leader for the vaccination's organization in Quebec/Portneuf/Charlevoix. I am so happy! Had to reinvent myself after being laidoff at Air Canada(20 years seniority). Will be making sure that all the ministerial directives and staff get the best of coaching for the pandemic!

Lets keep going forward!

Anyone with a vaccination question can PM me. Health to all of you!
congrats my dude

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yup, we're already at 55% 1st dose received, 65% including people with appointments taken. We'll get to 70% in no time. No reason to delay opening up.

That's not mentioning people protected by having had the infection and snowbirds vaxxed in the USA.

Again....Look what's happening elsewhere to evaluate what to do next.
Maybe you are right, but still need to be cautious.

In case you are not aware, there's a surge in the UK with the B.1.167.2 variant....even amongst those who were infected and those who received only one dose. They were around 1,900-2,400 cases a day for a couple of months. 3,200 2 days ago and yesterday they jumped to 3,500.

Granted, it's not that much compare to previous numbers but that was enough reinstate some measures in certain zone

2nd doses is needed in order to control that variants. Luckily it's not really here yet.
When we'll get around 50-60% of people fully vaccinated, then you should be right, but we're one of the country with the lowest amount of 2nd doses given.

lynx

Oct 18, 2005

In case you are not aware, there's a surge in the UK with the B.1.167.2 variant....even amongst those who were infected and those who received only one dose. They were around 1,900-2,400 cases a day for a couple of months. 3,200 2 days ago and yesterday they jumped to 3,500.

Granted, it's not that much compare to previous numbers but that was enough reinstate some measures in certain zone

2nd doses is needed in order to control that variants. Luckily it's not really here yet.
When we'll get around 50-60% of people fully vaccinated, then you should be right, but we're one of the country with the lowest amount of 2nd doses given.

Recent studies are showing that one dose is effective between 30-40% against all known variants. Here in Ontario most adults who chose to be vaccinated should be fully vaccinated by the end of September. I think with most people being outside in the next couple of months things should work out. I'm hopeful anyways.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Sorry a bit random, but got a promotion yesterday for CIUSSS project pilot leader for the vaccination's organization in Quebec/Portneuf/Charlevoix. I am so happy! Had to reinvent myself after being laidoff at Air Canada(20 years seniority). Will be making sure that all the ministerial directives and staff get the best of coaching for the pandemic!

Lets keep going forward!

Thanks for your service, + congrats on your promotion, and reinvention. Took some guts I'm sure. Encouraging you to keep moving forward and aim even higher.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Already a lineup outside of Burgundy Lion at 9 am. People aren't hesitant at all.

I think we will start to see cases rising in the coming weeks, it's expected after removing curfew that kept them low and opening things up again. Hopefully though the surge is not so high.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Already a lineup outside of Burgundy Lion at 9 am. People aren't hesitant at all.

I think we will start to see cases rising in the coming weeks, it's expected after removing curfew that kept them low and opening things up again. Hopefully though the surge is not so high.

It's definitely a risk we have to take. Today it's two weeks since I got vaccinated, so I am certainly feeling more free to enjoy life again with less hesitancy.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's definitely a risk we have to take. Today it's two weeks since I got vaccinated, so I am certainly feeling more free to enjoy life again with less hesitancy.

Agreed, at a certain point we have no choice. But, we also can't be alarmed by a rise in case because it's inevitable. The curfew kept things in check here and saved us from the 3rd wave. Question becomes whether our vaccines will help maintain that. I think we'll see cases start to rise over the next 2 weeks back to around 700-1000 per day, but hopefully it ends there and starts to fall again.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Agreed, at a certain point we have no choice. But, we also can't be alarmed by a rise in case because it's inevitable. The curfew kept things in check here and saved us from the 3rd wave. Question becomes whether our vaccines will help maintain that. I think we'll see cases start to rise over the next 2 weeks back to around 700-1000 per day, but hopefully it ends there and starts to fall again.

I’ll take the under. Fingers crossed.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

i wouldn't be surprised, I think hospital numbers will be the one closely monitored.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

Lets keep going forward!

Congrats Holystik!!! Very well deserved! Thank you for everything you’re doing to help us in this crisis/pandemic.

Reactions: Holystik

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E2e-aV6X0AY7SaC

- 104K doses administered. 101K in the last 24 hours and another 3K+ from previous dates.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Don't you need a reservation to go on terrasses? That's what I read in the papers. Why would there be a lineup?
The rules are mandatory reservations but no one knows the rules. I had a guy call and try to reserve for 50 people at my families resto. He was mad when we said we can't lol.
Hospitality is gonna be a shit show over the next couple weeks

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The rules are mandatory reservations but no one knows the rules. I had a guy call and try to reserve for 50 people at my families resto. He was mad when we said we can't lol.
Hospitality is gonna be a shit show over the next couple weeks

f***in idiot... It's day 1 dude, can you wait a bit before asking restaurants to circumvent the rules?

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

At least we have not seen an increase in fatality so far. Maybe the number will show later.

As for UK
3400 cases for 67M population is like 400 cases for Québec which is our situation right now. So not that worried yet.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Lets keep going forward!

Hey - great news!! Congratulations! It's weird how sharply divided the workforce has become. Half of us were in sectors that have been totally screwed over – hospitality/restaurants/fitness/travel – and others have, like you, reinvented and thrived. I lost a ton of income last year, but found a job that's paying me more than I've ever earned in my life. Luck of the draw...

Reactions: Holystik

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Hey - great news!! Congratulations! It's weird how sharply divided the workforce has become. Half of us were in sectors that have been totally screwed over – hospitality/restaurants/fitness/travel – and others have, like you, reinvented and thrived. I lost a ton of income last year, but found a job that's paying me more than I've ever earned in my life. Luck of the draw...
That is awesome to hear! I'm in the same exact position. Terrible year financialy in 2020 but this year it's making up for it.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
One thing to keep in mind that will boost vaccination stats in the next few days/weeks.

A new plan has been put in place in the past few days for the people which got vaccinated in other countries to get officially counted as vaccinated(1 or 2 doses). We have tons of people which got vaccinated as in exemple in the U.S.(snowbirds, etc) and are not accounted for. Those citizens need to book an appointment through the call centre to show up to a vaccination centre and show foreign vax proof to be added in the system. They will then receive their QR codes.

Also for those of you which got covid instead of a second dose and are wondering how will I get my vax proof(QR code) a plan will be put in place in the following days. Covid will count as a vax shot/QR code.

If any of you need help in relation to this or any other QR code related question you can contact Services Quebec at 1-877-644-4545 options * - 7 - 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad