OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Covid zero will not happen. There will be cases every year from now on, just no big outbreaks (hopefully).
In Canada if we’re not covid zero by the middle of August I suspect the infected areas will be under draconian lockdowns. There is no way we’re going through another school year with covid.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Students under 12 will not be vaccinated until at least November.
Cases will pop up and classes will isolate just like the past year.
Hopefully regions avoid blanket closures.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I think this guy is pulling your leg mate.
Not at all. Covid is going to zero in Canada, whether by vaccine, testing or full lockdown. The iron fist will come down and come down hard if everything else fails.

The government can't afford to maintain the economy this way.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not at all. Covid is going to zero in Canada, whether by vaccine, testing or full lockdown. The iron fist will come down and come down hard if everything else fails.

The government can't afford to maintain the economy this way.

There's enough proof worldwide that shows that "Covid Zero" cannot be maintained. We may get patches of 0 case, but there will always be upticks unless we plan to go close the country to any outsider forever.

The economy will be fine if the Covid-19 cases stay at a low level, which they will due to vaccination. It will finally be like "just the Flu" like so many of the phonies were saying. Probably even less as the vaccine is more widespread and miles better than the Flu vaccine.

Reactions: WinterLion

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
You're funny.

Vaccines will not eradicate Covid-19. Especially not if we get only 70% vaccinated.

As I said, Covid-19 will stay part of our lives, although at a much lower level than now.
Sure it will. The spread of corvid will slowly wither away, we're already seeing the case numbers go way down from 2 months ago.

26 Million Canadians have had their 1st covid vaccine shot. That's not an insignificant number and close to 70% already.

I wonder if there isn't a lot of lag in the system, like maybe 4-6 weeks before you start to see the full effects of vaccines on the daily case numbers. I suspect one day people will wake up and go wtf just happened, it's over.

Reactions: llamateizer

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Sure it will. The spread of corvid will slowly wither away, we're already seeing the case numbers go way down from 2 months ago.

26 Million Canadians have had their 1st covid vaccine shot. That's not an insignificant number and close to 70% already.

I wonder if there isn't a lot of lag in the system, like maybe 4-6 weeks before you start to see the full effects of vaccines on the daily case numbers. I suspect one day people will wake up and go wtf just happened, it's over.

We heard you. Thanks for your insights they were appreciated.

Reactions: llamateizer

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal
I'm fully vaxxed. Feels bad.... FEELS GREAT TOO!!

Congrats bro! And congrats to all that have undergone the vaccination.

My arm was not as sore as compared to my first dose, or the regular flu shot. The only difference that I felt was that I did feel much more fatigued for 2 days afterwards.

For the record, I never had taken the regular flu shot until last Nov. 2020. I always felt that I would let my body deal with it. However, this time around I didn't specifically do it for myself. I did it for my parents, whom I am their primary caregiver.

Just like for Covid, I did it primarily for them as they are 70+ and immuno-compromised. Obviously, it benefits me greatly as well. Covid potential effects on ACE2 .. gotta protects the boys. It doesn't only potentially affect and expressed in the male genital tract, but also in the female ovarian physiology.

What upsets me is that 18-29 age range should be more aware of the potential long term effects of infection. yes, most likely they won't die but it is uncertain as to the long term effects of infection, especially severe, as it does effect multiple organs.

We can potentially see a reduction in birth rate and mortality in 10-20 yrs. We do not know. But why take that chance?

I agree, everyone has the right to take it or not. If you're not scientifically educated, please just keep an open mind. Properly inform yourself, and listen to both sides.

Covid global conspiracy, 0% vaccination (still don't understand that argument), when has the world every agreed on anything.

Personally, I primarily did it for those around that I love. If you can't do it for them, then I feel sorry for your families.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Just like Israel, right? :sarcasm:

The spread of Covid is already slowing down greatly and we'll be at very few cases very soon. We might even reach 0 case at some point. You have to be completely disconnected from reality to think that if we reach 0 case we will stay at 0 forever though, or to think that upticks will somehow lead to draconian shutdowns.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Just like Israel, right? :sarcasm:

The spread of Covid is already slowing down greatly and we'll be at very few cases very soon. We might even reach 0 case at some point. You have to be completely disconnected from reality to think that if we reach 0 case we will stay at 0 forever though, or to think that upticks will somehow lead to draconian shutdowns.
I'm just telling you how our health officials handled covid in our province and throughout the Maritimes. And, do I think it's coming to a town near you, yes, I do.

This isn't some whacko conspiracy theory and maybe they have different ideas how to handle things and if they do, so be it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm just telling you how our health officials handled covid in our province and throughout the Maritimes. And, do I think it's coming to a town near you, yes, I do.

This isn't some whacko conspiracy theory and maybe they have different ideas how to handle things and if they do, so be it.

Guy I have lived in apartment buildings with more people than live in entire towns in the Maritimes.

Reactions: MrGold and MasterD

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Students under 12 will not be vaccinated until at least November.
Cases will pop up and classes will isolate just like the past year.
Hopefully regions avoid blanket closures.

Why? We did all that **** to protect the vulnerable populations - elderly, metabolic syndrome, etc.

These people are/will be vaccinated. Doesn't matter if 10 000 kids get COVID in October as long as people don't end up in ICU and die, which is what the vaccine is for.

"COVID" as we've experienced it is 90% done at this point, and will be done by fall. The virus will stay, but without serious consequences.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Why? We did all that **** to protect the vulnerable populations - elderly, metabolic syndrome, etc.

These people are/will be vaccinated. Doesn't matter if 10 000 kids get COVID in October as long as people don't end up in ICU and die, which is what the vaccine is for.

"COVID" as we've experienced it is 90% done at this point, and will be done by fall. The virus will stay, but without serious consequences.
Classes isolate so that COVID does not spread or continue to spread. If exposed students continue to attend school, it is likely that they will gradually spread it to each other. Whereas isolating them breaks the chain of infection, so only 1 or 2 students end up testing positive instead of all 20-30.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Your province is completely irrelevant. It's like comparing Australia to Canada or Europeans countries. You barely have outsiders, even in a non-pandemic setting while we have thousands coming in per day in Montreal.

If you think that's coming to any populated area, especially after the vaccine, you're dreaming. We won't be locking down unless there's a variant that evades the vaccine.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Classes isolate so that COVID does not spread or continue to spread. If exposed students continue to attend school, it is likely that they will gradually spread it to each other. Whereas isolating them breaks the chain of infection, so only 1 or 2 students end up testing positive instead of all 20-30.
Spread to whom? By the next school year, the vast majority of adults and vulnerable people will be vaccinated. There will be few people to spread the virus to kids in the first place, and then even if some kids do contract it, they'll have very few unvaccinated people to spread the virus to.

The few people ending up in hospital will almost always be the unvaccinated.

Reactions: MasterD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad