OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
received my second moderna shot. I got all the side effects, which went away after 24 hours.

however, I developed a pretty intense dry cough which isn’t a side effect. I went to get a covid test, and it came back negative.

I do have asthma, so maybe the second dose triggered it? I’m just really concerned about this cough as it isn’t a side effect. I’m concerned it may be a blood clot? But I don’t think moderna has issues with blood clots. I’m really not sure what to do.

I don’t have a family dr and I don’t want to wait in the emergency room for 10 hours.

Reactions: llamateizer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
received my second moderna shot. I got all the side effects, which went away after 24 hours.

however, I developed a pretty intense dry cough which isn’t a side effect. I went to get a covid test, and it came back negative.

I do have asthma, so maybe the second dose triggered it? I’m just really concerned about this cough as it isn’t a side effect. I’m concerned it may be a blood clot? But I don’t think moderna has issues with blood clots. I’m really not sure what to do.

I don’t have a family dr and I don’t want to wait in the emergency room for 10 hours.

I have not seen dry cough as a symptom of blood clots and Moderna is not associated with blood clots.

You can try calling the covid hotline for Quebec or Canada. Or maybe @Holystik heard something.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Tried to move my second vaccine up, but there was only 1 date available and it's full. Hopefully they get more doses soon.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I have not seen dry cough as a symptom of blood clots and Moderna is not associated with blood clots.

You can try calling the covid hotline for Quebec or Canada. Or maybe @Holystik heard something.
I called the hotline and they said the QC protocol is to get COVID tested. So I did (negative). Not sure what to do now.

The cough is persistent. If I take a deep breath in, or exhale deeply, I lose my breath when I get with 90% of completing the inhale/exhale.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I called the hotline and they said the QC protocol is to get COVID tested. So I did (negative). Not sure what to do now.

The cough is persistent. If I take a deep breath in, or exhale deeply, I lose my breath when I get with 90% of completing the inhale/exhale.

How long as it been?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
How long as it been?
I got the second dose Friday morning. Developed the cough Saturday morning (24 hours later). It has slowly gotten worse everyday. It's not severe, but it's persistent.

Again, I have asthma and have had these bouts before so the type of cough and intensity is not new to me. It's the timing with the vaccine.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I got the second dose Friday morning. Developed the cough Saturday morning (24 hours later). It has slowly gotten worse everyday. It's not severe, but it's persistent.

Again, I have asthma and have had these bouts before so the type of cough and intensity is not new to me. It's the timing with the vaccine.
Vaccine triggers your immune system and creates an inflammatory reaction. Not surprised your asthma would have gotten worse - I'd use the inhalers you have already, or see your doc if you don't have any.

Reactions: Andy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Vaccine triggers your immune system and creates an inflammatory reaction. Not surprised your asthma would have gotten worse - I'd use the inhalers you have already, or see your doc if you don't have any.
interesting!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

See if it passes after the usual amount of time of your asthma bouts. If not, you should consult a doctor.

Reactions: Andy

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Appointment now July 2nd instead of August 19th. Could have had it June 30th, but I prefer it towards the end of my vacation week than in the middle in case I'm out for a few days. :laugh:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
still can't move my moderna shot, not that bad as my second appointment is in the beginning of august

Same here. No available dates on the calendar. No big deal. I'm going to go to a Moderna walk-in clinic Wednesday (date of my eligibility) and get it over with.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I also cannot find anything available to move up my 2nd dose. I am not eligible until July but once I pass my 8 weeks I'll hit up a walk-in.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- 90 cases

- 0 deaths (although that can be readjusted in the next few days)

- 2 less hospitalizations (168 total)

- ICU numbers remain the same (39 total)

Reactions: Le CH

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I also cannot find anything available to move up my 2nd dose. I am not eligible until July but once I pass my 8 weeks I'll hit up a walk-in.

Same here. My wife and I got our first dose in March and our second appointment was scheduled for July 15th. We were saying that we may leave it as is since we're close to it. But once we became eligible last week, we looked at trying to move it up, but they say there is no room to do so.

We may take a look and see if we can move it up, but if not, it's in a few weeks anyways. We won't stress over it.

Reactions: waffledave

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Pushed mine up a month from sept 7th to august 4th. Going to keep on checking for cancelations.

but I don’t agree with the fact that you have to go to the same place where you got the first dose. Why does it matter?

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E4alvBfXEAI2WVR

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
OK MAJOR slowdown in vaccination observed (like everywhere else). They are receiving a SHITLOAD of vaccines this week (more than 2million doses). Québec will have approximately 2.5M doses OVER the vaccination point. This is unsustainable. They need to open up freestyle for anybody who wants a shot. Any shot. I mean, you CAN'T waste that many shots coming in, man. Enough of the appointments.
The 18-39 don't want to vaccinate? Fine. Have the older folks get their 2nd shot without appointments ANYWHERE it is available. Don't keep more than 2.5M doses in fridges. It was fine when we had about 300k extra doses. But more than 2.5M??? Paré needs to change gears here. Or Dubé will. It will look ridiculous if the doses come in and the appointments aren't there.

As of YESTERDAY, they were already up 900k. With 2M coming this week AND a vaccination rythm of about 500k per week, this is ridiculous.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They just added a bunch for me, so I moved mine up to Aug 5th from Aug 30th. Better than nothing I guess! I will still try a walk-in once my 8 weeks is up in early July.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
OK MAJOR slowdown in vaccination observed (like everywhere else). They are receiving a SHITLOAD of vaccines this week (more than 2million doses). Québec will have approximately 2.5M doses OVER the vaccination point. This is unsustainable. They need to open up freestyle for anybody who wants a shot. Any shot. I mean, you CAN'T waste that many shots coming in, man. Enough of the appointments.
The 18-39 don't want to vaccinate? Fine. Have the older folks get their 2nd shot without appointments ANYWHERE it is available. Don't keep more than 2.5M doses in fridges.

My understanding is you can do that already? Or do you mean at any location? I know you need to go to a walk-in location specifically. I agree, if there are vaccines available at my local appointment-based center I should be able to get it there.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The 18-39 don't want to vaccinate? Fine. Have the older folks get their 2nd shot without appointments ANYWHERE it is available. Don't keep more than 2.5M doses in fridges.

They're so f***ing stupid. I went to a walk-in clinic Saturday to try and get my 2nd Moderna shot even if I was 4 days before my date of eligibility. A lot of nurses are so idiot it's not even funny. I downright came in saying it would accomodate me to get my shot in the weekend as I fear the side effects and would have my Sunday to recover from it. She was stuck up on her f***ing checklist and process. Now I might be missing a day of work if I get it as bad as the guys I know. Charming. Thanks for nothing.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
My understanding is you can do that already? Or do you mean at any location? I know you need to go to a walk-in location specifically. I agree, if there are vaccines available at my local appointment-based center I should be able to get it there.
I meant everywhere. You can't hold 2.5M doses in fridges in major centres only. They need to fly everywhere!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Furthermore, if people aren't willing to get vaccinated we should allow those mRNA doses to get to anyone who got AZ vaccines that are less effective against the variants if they so choose. If we have so many available and people are just choosing not to get them, then they vaccines should go to anyone who DOES want them, and that includes other provinces if necessary.

Reactions: dinodebino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad