OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Heard from friends at Global Affairs that they expect the borders to open around July 22nd. Unofficial. They are waiting if the variants go nuts here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but right now with one dose I could go for work training but would have to test and quarantine 3 days when I come back?

I'll get my second shot in august, I assume we won't have any testing or quarantine for work related travel at the end of august & September.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
BTW I still didn't received anything (proof) from my first show (moderna at pharmaprix)

I have a card they gave me on site but nothing online

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The 18-29 group is absolutely not committed to this vax campaign. Numbers are so low.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The 18-29 group is absolutely not committed to this vax campaign. Numbers are so low.

Unfortunately this is also the group of people that is gathering “illegally” the most, probably the least likely to get tested, and the most likely to spread it.

I know for myself at age 18-23, I partied like an animal... I seriously doubt Covid would’ve stopped me.

Reactions: dinodebino

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Unfortunately this is also the group of people that is gathering “illegally” the most, probably the least likely to get tested, and the most likely to spread it.

I know for myself at age 18-23, I partied like an animal... I seriously doubt Covid would’ve stopped me.
Yeah, I remember too LOLOL!

Because of parent influence, the 12-17 are already up to 70%, which is great.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Read somewhere they were trying to bribe that age group by offering free hot dogs if they get vaccinated.
Yeah, they are trying with hockey jerseys too. I mean, what can work with them? I shouldn't know because my kids are in the bracket (27-29) and they are both vaxxed and they take this seriously. Sooo....maybe others can answer this better.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
With the Delta variant, I worry that those 18-29 will be the ones falling this time around.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Everything wide open in Arizona for quite some time and still our COVID patient load in the hospital remains very low, much like a regular flu season. We still have the frightened CNN crowd but they can stay home if they like. Our Governor just announced that our Colleges and Universities cannot mandate the vaccines to it's students or even a mask. All voluntary.

On the vaccine front anybody can get a vaccine at any time at many clinics and pharmacies , free without an appointment.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Everything wide open in Arizona for quite some time and still our COVID patient load in the hospital remains very low, much like a regular flu season. We still have the frightened CNN crowd but they can stay home if they like. Our Governor just announced that our Colleges and Universities cannot mandate the vaccines to it's students or even a mask. All voluntary.

On the vaccine front anybody can get a vaccine at any time at many clinics and pharmacies , free without an appointment.

Lol...The CNN crowd.....
So pretty much the rest of the world are the CNN crowd.

There's pretty much restrictions everywhere in the world.
I watched the Euro and I don't see one building filled to the top like in the US.

Maybe it's more the Fox News crowd who's been wrong mostly at every turn and at 180 degree from the rest of the entire world in this pandemic that are not really in tune with what's going on.

You guys should stop politicizing everything.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Lol...The CNN crowd.....
So pretty much the rest of the world are the CNN crowd.

There's pretty much restrictions everywhere in the world.
I watched the Euro and I don't see one building filled to the top like in the US.

Maybe it's more the Fox News crowd who's been wrong mostly at every turn and at 180 degree from the rest of the entire world in this pandemic that are not really in tune with what's going on.

You guys should stop politicizing everything.
We're open and have been for a while now.

Doing great!! I'm an RN at the biggest teaching hospital here and we hardly have any COVID patients!!

Turn off the tv and get out and live your life!

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007

Doing great!! I'm an RN at the biggest teaching hospital here and we hardly have any COVID patients!!

Yes, let's make decisions based on anecdotal evidence.

:dunce:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Vanier says all full. I wonder if on July 9th I just go to a walk in at the airport or even CAE is close to my work.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Quebec is doing great. Arizona, not so much.

Reactions: 1909

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Quebec is doing great. Arizona, not so much.

Everything is relative obviously, Zona has been in the thick of this since late April 2020, they didn't catch a break last summer like we did. They used to have 60k cases/1k deaths per week at some point (and they were barely acknowledging the issue then). From that angle what they are going through presently is "great".

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Ok? That's pretty stupid IMO but you can believe anything you want. I still don't know what "tHe CnN cRoWd!!!" means.

I don’t like CNN but I still think we’re doing better than the US because you know less deaths is good.

I will concede that at a certain point it is the nature of the beast and we have to accept it. We’re just loading up on that 2nd dose and we’ll be better prepared.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I trust The National Enquirer more then CNN and rightly so.

No new cases in Newfoundland today.

:rolleyes:

They are both spectacle sensationalist garbage compared to quality media.. but one of them keeps getting sued for libel and loosing.

Care to guess which one? (I know you will evade this or simple won't answer)

Reactions: Cypruss and 1909

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I don't watch TV much other than sports AND thank you for Ducharme.....that's what happened when you go into a country who don't gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->