OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
By then anyone who can get vaccinated would have had the chance. So I'm not holding back anymore, even if the rules aren't relaxed. In public I will follow the rules but in private, nope. COVID is endemic, so one way or another it will circulate forever. Not sure what the point of precautions are anymore if everyone has had the chance to be vaccinated already.

If someone like you is at this point, this speaks volume about the whole population adherence to whatever rules they put in place post-vaccination.

I'm right there with you. Been holding up for 14 months. I've been following the rules and don't regret doing so as I think it was for the greater good. But yeah. I'm not going to wait for my parents to die or be close to death to enjoy the last few quality years I have remaining with them once they get their 2nd jab and that I've gotten my first shot. Same with my sisters and my family.

I don't give a crap about festivals. But I want to carry on with my life. As should we. We had our neighbor over for a BBQ last Friday night. We stayed outside around the fire for a couple of hours, we ate at two different tables, and they even went in their house to go to the bathroom. We never were less than 2 meters apart. I changed our glasses every time I served us another drink and washed hands after handling their dishes. We were 3 to be vaccinated out of 4 people. My girlfriend and I had been vaccinated for 2.5 and 3.5 weeks, and one of our neighbor for 2 weeks. I don't think what we did was reckless or imprudent in any way.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If someone like you is at this point, this speaks volume about the whole population adherence to whatever rules they put in place post-vaccination.

I'm right there with you. Been holding up for 14 months. I've been following the rules and don't regret doing so as I think it was for the greater good. But yeah. I'm not going to wait for my parents to die or be close to death to enjoy the last few quality years I have remaining with them once they get their 2nd jab and that I've gotten my first shot. Same with my sisters and my family.

I don't give a crap about festivals. But I want to carry on with my life. As should we.

I mean from my perspective this is just logical. We got our vaccines. I'm still going to wear masks and keep my distance from strangers. But in private? The risk is gone.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I mean from my perspective this is just logical. We got our vaccines. I'm still going to wear masks and keep my distance from strangers. But in private? The risk is gone.

The risk is as gone as the risk to get stroke by thunder or to get run over by a car on the sidewalk. It's not 0.00000%, but it's not enough to prevent yourself from living semi-normally. This is how I see it as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
551 cases in Québec.

8 deaths

7 less hospitalizations (501 total)

3 less in ICU (116 total)

Almost 73,500 doses administered yesterday. Total doses is almost 4.4M.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Lowest number of new cases in Quebec since September 23rd, 2020. As I suspected, given the trends over the last few weeks we had a dip in cases this weekend equal to the dips in cases over the previous 3 weekends.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
May 17th 2020 vs May 17th 2021
732 cases on 10 500 tests vs 551 cases on 21 925 tests
1762 active hospitalisations vs 501 active hospitalisations
176 people in ICU vs 116 people in ICU
66 deaths vs 8 deaths
0 people vaccinated vs over 4 millions vaccinated, and more coming
Growing liberties vs Still under a curfew

I'm sorry, but tomorrow, if they still try to push the plan later and tell us we need two doses before having some basic liberties (not talking about festivals and whatnot here, just seeing our family in small groups, small gatherings indoor when partially vaccinated and whatnot), I'm going to drop the ball.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
66 deaths vs 8 deaths

I'm sorry, but tomorrow, if they still try to push the plan later and tell us we need two doses before having some basic liberties (not talking about festivals and whatnot here, just seeing our family in small groups, small gatherings indoor when partially vaccinated and whatnot), I'm going to drop the ball.

Completely agree.

What I hope for at the very least: no more curfew and restaurants open (at least outside) within a week (I'm in Lanaudière but I could see those things applying pretty much everywhere). Seeing people outside in backyards would be great too.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Completely agree.

What I hope for at the very least: no more curfew and restaurants open (at least outside) within a week (I'm in Lanaudière but I could see those things applying pretty much everywhere). Seeing people outside in backyards would be great too.

I'm going to see people outside in my backyards no matter what the governement announces tomorrow evening. We're at a point where anything remotely similar to the piece of crap Canada Health has put together would probably mean I'm going to make things my own way going forward. And guess what? I'm not going to put anyone at risk, because I don't plan to hold open-houses party or even invite anyone indoors. But there has to be some logic and valid arguments for me to keep living like a hermit. We all have TV and Internet. We see what's going on around the world. And it's definitely not "take walks for the summer and you might see people indoors by fall".

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm going to see people outside in my backyards no matter what the governement announces tomorrow evening. We're at a point where anything remotely similar to the piece of crap Canada Health has put together would probably mean I'm going to make things my own way going forward. And guess what? I'm not going to put anyone at risk, because I don't plan to hold open-houses party or even invite anyone indoors. But there has to be some logic and valid arguments for me to keep living like a hermit. We all have TV and Internet. We see what's going on around the world. And it's definitely not "take walks for the summer and you might see people indoors by fall".
Nah man. There might still be a few overly cautious people here and there, but pretty much everyone I know does gatherings. It's been over a year, it's nice out, vaccines roll out is going well. Just open the f*** up and get rid of this curfew.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
66 deaths vs 8 deaths

Seriously, gonna lose my shit if they don't start opening up stuff in the next week or 2

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Seriously, gonna lose my shit if they don't start opening up stuff in the next week or 2

Since all driving ranges are closed, I've been hitting yellow foam balls in the backyard - irons on the siding, wedges over the house to the front yard. None on the road.

I'm all sold, moving in July. I'm moving because Harley Davidson himself lives in front, about 150 yards out.

Some neighbors across the road have been staring a bit more since the foam balls started, maybe they think I'm about to start shellin' real balls on they' houses.

None of this perception game happens if driving ranges are open in Ontario, which they are not even given their open air nature (plus distancing between hitting carpets).

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'm sorry. But while this would be great for the athmosphere and for the league/players/fans, if fans can gather by thousands in the Bell Centre before I'm allowed so see my 2 years old godson I haven't been seeing for the past 10 months, I'll be kind of pissed.
Dude just see him. I can't believe people consider the "rules" as anything more than guidelines. I go to parc Jarry often, and there are gatherings of 20+ people with their BBQ, sharing drinks, hugging, etc. And it's like this in most parks in the city.

The people at risk are vaccinated, that's the only reason why we had measures : to protect them. Well they are protected now. "Muh second dose!" The goalposts are always moving it seems. The objective is to limit the blow to our health system, not eradicate the virus.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Dated but Russians are recommending to abstain from drinking before and after covid vaccination.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A health official’s warning that anyone getting vaccinated against COVID-19 with Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine should give up alcohol for almost two months has caused a backlash among some Russians who call the request unreasonable.

“I boozed like there was no tomorrow between the first and second jabs,” said one Moscow resident, who didn’t want to be identified. “And I’ve got antibodies coming out of my ears”.

Don't mix Sputnik vaccine with alcohol, says Russian official. Some recoil

:laugh:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I'm sorry. But while this would be great for the athmosphere and for the league/players/fans, if fans can gather by thousands in the Bell Centre before I'm allowed so see my 2 years old godson I haven't been seeing for the past 10 months, I'll be kind of pissed.

For a nominal sum of $500 you can meet your godson at the Bell Centre for a few hours. ;)

Yeah I do agree easing some restrictions, especially lifting any curfew, is a no brainer before attempting to sell this. Possible changes on Tuesday is a positive indicator.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Dude just see him. I can't believe people consider the "rules" as anything more than guidelines. I go to parc Jarry often, and there are gatherings of 20+ people with their BBQ, sharing drinks, hugging, etc. And it's like this in most parks in the city.

The people at risk are vaccinated, that's the only reason why we had measures : to protect them. Well they are protected now. "Muh second dose!" The goalposts are always moving it seems. The objective is to limit the blow to our health system, not eradicate the virus.

Not following those "guidelines" like you say can warrant you a 1500 $ police ticket.

Plus, you know, not everyone lives nearby their family or in Montreal. Crazy, I know...

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

The 2nd dose is important for long-term protection, but not for this summer.

The goal should have been to eradicate the virus, but for many reasons that just doesn't seem to be feasible. So, it's fine. COVID will be around forever, the infections will never stop, but the only people that will get it are those who are not vaccinated.

Reactions: Andrei79

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Of course it's easy to say when you only have your little self to care about.

But let's say f*** it, we open things un like you are saying and things doesn't happen as expected and the hospital start filling up again.....then what? You have to admit that you f***ed up in front of the whole province and go back inside and then whine against the mesure.

We are a test in Canada. We can't look at other country right now cause we are the first to use that vaccination strategy of one dose to most people instead of the two doses strategy.

And reality is that we will be at 47% two weeks from now (takes 2-3 weeks for antibodies to build) we are not there yet.

They need to be cautious here
They also need to open up to see how this goes.

But we can't go ape shit either....in 4 weeks we will be the first country in the world to have so many 1st dose given per capita. No one else has been able to do it. A little trust in the process guys....we are winning this.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Of course it's easy to say when you only have your little self to care about.

But let's say f*** it, we open things un like you are saying and things doesn't happen as expected and the hospital start filling up again.....then what? You have to admit that you f***ed up in front of the whole province and go back inside and then whine against the mesure.

We are a test in Canada. We can't look at other country right now cause we are the first to use that vaccination strategy of one dose to most people instead of the two doses strategy.

And reality is that we will be at 47% two weeks from now (takes 2-3 weeks for antibodies to build) we are not there yet.

They need to be cautious here
They also need to open up to see how this goes.

But we can't go ape shit either....in 4 weeks we will be the first country in the world to have so many 1st dose given per capita. No one else has been able to do it. A little trust in the process guys....we are winning this.

I don't care about waiting 4 weeks to have small gathering indoors. But if they come up without something close to what Santé Canada has come up with last Friday (nothing of the kind before next Fall), they are going to lose me. Enough already. First it was "Le défi 28 jours". Then it was the 2 weeks curfew. Now it's vaccination by June 24th to have a good summer, and they'll still postpone it?

At some point you have to f***ing give the population some reasons to trust you.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I don't care about waiting 4 weeks to have small gathering indoors. But if they come up without something close to what Santé Canada has come up with last Friday (nothing of the kind before next Fall), they are going to lose me. Enough already. First it was "Le défi 28 jours". Then it was the 2 weeks curfew. Now it's vaccination by June 24th to have a good summer, and they'll still postpone it?

At some point you have to f***ing give the population some reasons to trust you.

They wouldn't announce anything tomorrow if they were sticking to PHAC recommendation, because we are nowhere near their target and won't get there until late July at best. So no need for a plan tomorrow for something so far away.

Expect a plan with multiple threshold, we get to threshold #1 we do X, threshold #2 we do Y and so on.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
They wouldn't announce anything tomorrow if they were sticking to PHAC recommendation, because we are nowhere near their target and won't get there until late July at best. So no need for a plan tomorrow for something so far away.

Expect a plan with multiple threshold, we get to threshold #1 we do X, threshold #2 we do Y and so on.

This is pretty much how I would have liked the lead up to Christmas to have been handled. Give people attainable goals to work towards.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

Health Canada just made the guideline high so the provinces cant blame the feds for their problems if they were to come up. I believe it is politics at this point since everyone who wants their first dose of vaccine is going to have it, in every province by the end of June.

Reactions: overlords
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille