OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
had a 1st dose Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago ( a Sunday) ..nothing unusual so i worked out ( i'm a trainer and naturopath) but that night had a painful reaction in the shoulder with some hives (allergic), intense heat and pain - nothing like previous flu vaccines. My shoulder was sore for 4-5 days with bruising for a week. Then it gets weird. I had after-effects about 8 days later with fever, chills, muscle pain and breathing issues. It dissipated after about 3-4 days but it was stressful. I found out, people under 50 have about 20% chance of after-effects. Going to chat with my MD Wednesday. My next shot is scheduled for early august and i'm anticipating getting hammered.
I would still do it all over again ;)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
had a 1st dose Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago ( a Sunday) ..nothing unusual so i worked out ( i'm a trainer and naturopath) but that night had a painful reaction in the shoulder with some hives (allergic), intense heat and pain - nothing like previous flu vaccines. My shoulder was sore for 4-5 days with bruising for a week. Then it gets weird. I had after-effects about 8 days later with fever, chills, muscle pain and breathing issues. It dissipated after about 3-4 days but it was stressful. I found out, people under 50 have about 20% chance of after-effects. Going to chat with my MD Wednesday. My next shot is scheduled for early august and i'm anticipating getting hammered.

Glad you're doing better. You got off easier than Eric Clapton :laugh:

An employee of mine was in line for her Pfizer shot today and the guy in front of her ended up having some immediate reaction, trouble breathing. They carted him off. :dunno:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's actually the opposite as once you're vaccinated, more so with 2 doses, you're "protected", unless the vaccine is not good enough and you absolutely need 100% of the population to be vaccinated to "eradicate" COVID. Analogy would apply to pre-vaccine sanitary measures though.

The goal is to protect yourself with the vaccine. That's it.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Glad you're doing better. You got off easier than Eric Clapton :laugh:

An employee of mine was in line for her Pfizer shot today and the guy in front of her ended up having some immediate reaction, trouble breathing. They carted him off. :dunno:
thx man. Clapton had the AZ. yikes. carted off?
I was ready lol. Voltaren, Tylenol, Pedialyte - even had some Alvasco for the breathing. ;)

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Everyone has different reactions. For me it was a sore arm for 2 days, ans then random dizzy spells for maybe 3 or 4 days after. I don't know anyone else who had dizzy spells. My coworker was totally.laid out, fever and everything. He already had covid once so maybe the reaction was stronger.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We already know one dose vaccine of Pfizer is about 70%, and moderna is 80%.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...tive-but-not-foolproof-experts-warn-1.6009725
How effective is a single vaccine dose against Covid-19?

So no matter what, you're going to get significantly less people being rushed to hospitals as we are close to hitting 50% of population with at least one dose.

We don't have to flip the switch and start having indoor raves, remove masks and get rid of capacities, but we don't need to be overly cautious either.
We aren't going to blow it all up and risk overwhelming our healthcare system. There's no reason it would lead to that.

I agree that we need to relax measures in place and in all expectation it should go well.....but we talked about this many times, never underestimate the idiots.

You give a inch and they'll take a foot and you know it. For exemple, the minute the curfew is off, some idiots will do a rave and most likely with unvaccinated people.

Reactions: covfefe

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Everyone has different reactions. For me it was a sore arm for 2 days, ans then random dizzy spells for maybe 3 or 4 days after. I don't know anyone else who had dizzy spells. My coworker was totally.laid out, fever and everything. He already had covid once so maybe the reaction was stronger.

Slight dizziness for me as well, combined with a little fatigue and nausea.

Reactions: waffledave

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

I was sick for 5 days after recieving the shot ( moderna ) , dizzy , fever, feeling faint a little, a bit of nausea . But it was low level symptoms nothing to be scare of . After 5 days i was back at 100%

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree that we need to relax measures in place and in all expectation it should go well.....but we talked about this many times, never underestimate the idiots.

You give a inch and they'll take a foot and you know it. For exemple, the minute the curfew is off, some idiots will do a rave and most likely with unvaccinated people.

Ya maybe...but I don't care. It makes no sense to not do something out of fear of idiocy from others.
We are in a good position. We are not gonna go from 600 cases to 2000 overnight, we aren't going from 8 deaths to 50 overnight, we aren't going from low hospitalizations to high overnight.
Open up and deal with the idiots later. If some will do raves outside, so be it. Pretty sure some are doing it now indoors.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Ya maybe...but I don't care. It makes no sense to not do something out of fear of idiocy from others.
We are in a good position. We are not gonna go from 600 cases to 2000 overnight, we aren't going from 8 deaths to 50 overnight, we aren't going from low hospitalizations to high overnight.
Open up and deal with the idiots later. If some will do raves outside, so be it. Pretty sure some are doing it now indoors.
There is a spot in MTL throwing raves each weekend. They've never stopped even after getting busted a few times and the curfew. Owners doesn't give a shit. Don't understand how cops don't bust it every weekend. It's basically free money.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

In time....like I said to others. Don't act like it's over already. The way I see this we will be at 49% partially vaccinated in about 2 weeks. We don't even have half the adult population vaccinated for another 2 weeks.

In 4-5 weeks we should hit the 70%....then it will be time.

As for the idiots....3/4 of the measures are because of them

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
There is a spot in MTL throwing raves each weekend. They've never stopped even after getting busted a few times and the curfew. Owners doesn't give a shit. Don't understand how cops don't bust it every weekend. It's basically free money.

The 'red light' industry here has been operating in plain sight since COVID started, too.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Plenty of dipshits partying on the beach here in Vancouver, night-in, night-out. Idiocy knows no boundaries.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Yeah, it's not like we have any examples of ICUs being overfilled right now.

Not like there are two provinces right now at their ICU capacity.

Let's just ignore Alberta being over their pre-COVID ICU capacity.
Are the people filling up ICUs vaccinated?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
In time....like I said to others. Don't act like it's over already. The way I see this we will be at 49% partially vaccinated in about 2 weeks. We don't even have half the adult population vaccinated for another 2 weeks.

In 4-5 weeks we should hit the 70%....then it will be time.

As for the idiots....3/4 of the measures are because of them

We are at 48.27% right now with 4.1M out 8.4M. We have a 7 day average of 87K doses administered daily, so we should reach over 50% of partially vaccinated by the end of this week.
If the same average persists, we are expected to hit 75% by June 2nd.

I'm not sure where you get your numbers but they seem quite off.
Combien de Québécois ont été vaccinés contre la COVID-19 ?

I'm not acting like it's over. That would be removal of all measures. I'm saying remove the f***ing curfew already, allow outdoor gatherings, and open up terraces for bars/restaurants with more than just 2 people seatings.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We are at 48.27% right now with 4.1M out 8.4M. We have a 7 day average of 87K doses administered daily, so we should reach over 50% of partially vaccinated by the end of this week.
If the same average persists, we are expected to hit 75% by June 2nd.

I'm not sure where you get your numbers but they seem quite off.
Combien de Québécois ont été vaccinés contre la COVID-19 ?

I'm not acting like it's over. That would be removal of all measures. I'm saying remove the f***ing curfew already, allow outdoor gatherings, and open up terraces for bars/restaurants with more than just 2 people seatings.

My timeline calculate the times the body need to have enough antibodies to fight off an infection.

If we are at 48.27% today, not all of them have the antibodies yet. They will in 2 weeks from now. The effectiveness of the vaccine is a lot lower If you include the first two weeks.

Bars and curfews are mostly something for the younger crowd who are not yet vaccinated

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
My timeline calculate the times the body need to have enough antibodies to fight off an infection.

If we are at 48.27% today, not all of them have the antibodies yet. They will in 2 weeks from now. The effectiveness of the vaccine is a lot lower If you include the first two weeks.

Bars and curfews are mostly something for the younger crowd who are not yet vaccinated

Well that's not exactly how it works mate. The efficacy reaches it's maximal point 2-3 weeks after the dose, it doesn't make it 0% at day 13 and then jumps up.
Moderna has an efficacy rate of 80% after first dose, it moves up to 92% 14 days later, and then 94% two weeks after the 2nd dose.
Pfizer is 52%...then moves to 92% after 14-21 days of first dose, and finally up to 95% a week after second dose.
So ya, you can say we're partially vaccinated two weeks later, but protection is much better than just that.

Yes the younger crowd are more prone to bars and the curfew works against them, they're also less likely to be hospitalized and die from this so...

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Can't wait to hear what else Legault will say today, but excited for the restaurants, even if it starts with just the terrasses on May 28th....you know the indoor dining is soon to follow with limited capacity at first. The tourism industry was hit like a sack of bricks and has basically been on pause for the last 15 months. Hopefully this is the first step in recovery.

I'm happy with the way most adults have accepted that the Vaccine is the way to go in QC. I think because of this acceptance, and the fact that most wanted to get it as quick as possible, it's helping us open things up quicker than some probably thought we would. In my entourage, there's only 2 people I know who (at the moment) don't want to get the vaccine, but one will surely change her mind eventually when she becomes aware that most countries will not let her enter without proof of vaccination (she loves to travel).

I'm also hoping that with the quantity of vaccines received this week, they can start those 2nd doses as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad