OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
But you act like you more than care with your lecturing and fear.

Why do you care? It's none of your business what I think anyway. You're scared of the vaccine, don't give me that bullshit about fear. Go chance it with COVID man, I wish you the best of luck.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Who is to say who is opening up to early or not quick enough...thats purely an opinion.
No, it's a belief. A belief that will be supported by the facts or it won't.

It's not an opinion where you talk about your favourite ice cream flavour. This will be borne out by the numbers over the next few weeks.
I admire my Canadian friends but the world I live in right or wrong sees things much differently and I am ok with 100% capacity without masks in restaurants. I went to 4 establishments today and no one had a mask on. Maybe it will backfire and have a bad impact on me and my community in the end but the alternative of living under a curfew is not an option for us down here.
Everything is open and cases are down....
Rates going down... is a comparitive measurement from the insanity of last year.

At 50 percent full vaccination the numbers will go down pretty significantly. That doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to delay things for a bit. Waiting until Memorial day would yield better long term results because it gives more people time to get their shots.

I get it. Nobody wants to wear a mask. Nobody wants to stay at home... that doesn't mean doing so hasn't been a good idea or that it wouldn't be a good idea to continue doing it for a bit longer.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mental health, addictions, suicides, lost careers, lost businesses. Everything must be taken into account.
AND lock downs had a negligible effect if any and you still had all of the above.
not worth it.
Everytime I speak to my sister who lives in Ontario I sense she is becoming more and more disconnected. I was stunned when she told me 2 of her neighbors each got fined 850.00 for walking around in their neighborhood.
The effects of kids not being in school will have an impact for years.
The effects of this disease encompasses way more than the disease itself. Way more damage from other things.

Reactions: Cypruss

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Only reason people around me get vaxxed is so we can see each other faster.

If Legault lied to us he can f*** off.

Nobody iis scared of Covid anymore.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No, it's a belief. A belief that will be supported by the facts or it won't.

It's not an opinion where you talk about your favourite ice cream flavour. This will be borne out by the numbers over the next few weeks.

Rates going down... is a comparitive measurement from the insanity of last year.

At 50 percent full vaccination the numbers will go down pretty significantly. That doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to delay things for a bit. Waiting until Memorial day would yield better long term results because it gives more people time to get their shots.

I get it. Nobody wants to wear a mask. Nobody wants to stay at home... that doesn't mean doing so hasn't been a good idea or that it wouldn't be a good idea to continue doing it for a bit longer.
I refuse to live my only life in a fetal position. Sounds harsh but I would rather die than to live locked down...thats not living

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Everytime I speak to my sister who lives in Ontario I sense she is becoming more and more disconnected. I was stunned when she told me 2 of her neighbors each got fined 850.00 for walking around in their neighborhood.
The effects of this disease encompasses way more than the disease itself. Way more damage from other things.
Our kids will be fine. I've got two of them. Sucks that they have to stay home now but it's a small price to pay.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Our kids will be fine. I've got two of them. Sucks that they have to stay home now but it's a small price to pay.
Keep telling yourself that. I see the damage being done...kids need to be around each other to learn the basics. They can't spend their lives in front of a computer isolated from their peers.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Yeah I don't buy that. Those who are refusing are certainly banking on everyone else protecting them.
Yeah, you only buy want fits your agenda, that's always been clear.

The world isn't black and white man. It's not you being good and people with a different opinion being bad and being out to take advantage of you. They're just not scared of the virus work a low complication rate in healthy individuals.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I dont even know where to start with you.

Your whole post is nonsense. tell me what the difference is between me saying it was rushed and you using the word "faster". LOL.
Rushed
"done or completed too hurriedly; hasty."

"Faster" and "rushed" do not have the same meaning.

You ever wonder why it's not FDA approved and why companies agreed to do it with being exempt from liability?
The vaccine is a success when you take into account the problems with it vs. the reduction in deaths from the vulnerable population. No doubt about it.

It's not FDA approved because more data is being gathered for the full approval. It doesn't change the fact that it had enough data to be deemed safe.

But your comment like any other infectious disease ever ?
You are aware I'm sure the last world wide pandemic the Spanish flu that young people actually were the most vulnerable demographic? I'm surprised that as a HF poster you have a hard time grasping the nuances of any infectious disease.

My mistake, I should have said the quasi-totality. The Spanish Flu is interesting though as this could be due to an exposition to a previous strain of Influenza. The peak mortality was at 28 years old which fits perfectly with a previous flu pandemic. In the case of a disease that doesn't have a cross-protection, the vulnerable will usually be more vulnerable, as their name implies.

The Spanish Flu is also not the last worldwide pandemic. Not counting HIV which is a special case, there were 2 other Flu pandemics between 1918 and today. Vaccines and antibiotics greatly reduced their toll though.

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

They either got very very unlucky or there is a missing part of the story. Seriously, cops break house party all the time without giving tickets as long people gtfo without making a scene.

It's the same with the protests, very few tickets given. It's mostly formal warning.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, you only buy want fits your agenda, that's always been clear.

The world isn't black and white man. It's not you being good and people with a different opinion being bad and being out to take advantage of you. They're just not scared of the virus work a low complication rate in healthy individuals.

Ok. Best of luck to those people when they inevitably do get COVID. I hope they are 100% asymptomatic.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Long term effects? the study you just linked to had 5 KIDS.
The five children with potential long COVID had a median age of 12 years (range 9-15) and four were girls

Lets vaccinate all children with a vaccine that is under emergency authorization for an illness that largely only affects the obese and those over 65.

How smart!!

that inflammatory sydrome you refer to I believe is also called Kawasaki , it's been around for a long time and it's still relatively rare and you can get it with various exposures.

But keep putting stuff out on the internet with little context.

Why dont you publish death rates for regular flu for children?

I don't remember saying all children suffer effects of Covid, only that some do which is demonstrated in the sources I provided. I am aware that Kawasaki is not new. The fact that Covid19 can cause it should be a reason why you would want to avoid unnecessary exposure.

I don't think I said to vaccinate all the children (in fact, I did not mention children vaccination at all). The vaccine does seem safe for 12 and older as per the data provided to health agencies so I would follow their recommendation.

I am also aware that the Flu can kill children (and the elderly, obese and vulnerable!), which is why taking the Flu vaccine is good, even though it is a lot worse than the Covid19 vaccines. I'm pretty interested on how the Pfizer mRNA Flu vaccine will do, great potential.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well that's the difference between our cultures sir...I would rather live free than terrified from a virus that has a 99% + survival rate
You avoided my point.

Freedom is one thing, responsibility is another.

And again, talking about "survival rates" completely ignores the other factors involved. The virus does more than just kill people, it has all kinds of long term complications for people and not vaccinating extends the pandemic, allows facilitates mutations, it re-allocates medical resources...

Freedom is meaningless without responsibility for others.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You speaking for all kids or just yours?
What about those kids who live in abusive households whose only escape is school where they also get fed?
I am glad your kids are fine but there are thousands that are not.
There will always be exceptions to the rule.

But the solution in those cases is to fix the abuse. THAT is the real issue. Trying to tie a pandemic response to this avoids the real issue.

My kids will be fine. Most kids will be fine. Those in abusive homes won't... but that's because they're being abused, not because we've shut things down.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
You avoided my point.

Freedom is one thing, responsibility is another.

And again, talking about "survival rates" completely ignores the other factors involved. The virus does more than just kill people, it has all kinds of long term complications for people, it re-allocates medical resources.

Freedom is meaningless without responsibility for others.

It sure has. Lockdowns have gone way too far.
economies have been destroyed. People have lost their businesses. Abuse of children are up. Suicides are way up. Drug and alcohol abuse.
Kids lives have forever been affected because teachers cowered in fear and wouldnt come teach.
Public health officials have played a far too big role in dictating public policy that required a broader global perspective.

Reactions: Cypruss

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It sure has. Lockdowns have gone way too far.
Compare the US death rates to Canada's. Canada fared much better because it was better at locking things down. As for the economy I don't think we've fared worse than the US has. We just had lower death rates and our hospitals weren't nearly as strained as theirs were.

Of course this depends region by region as the US is a huge country. But overall, the US completely failed in their response. They didn't lock things down and paid dearly for it.

To your second point. those economies were crashing no matter what. That's what happens when you wind up with a hugely contagious disease like this. Nobody is going to want to stay in hotels whether the gov't says it's okay or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->