OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
It may be unpleasant to hear but apart from the vaccine itself your best bet is to improve your own immune system.
I’m trying :( stress, anxiety, panic attacks and depression have worsened my state so much. Seeing a therapist helps but it’s still not enough.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I hope the best for your child and loved ones, lets be clear on that and make sure there's no confusion.

I think you're letting fear control you. Like I said, its been a long time and its frustrating but anti vaxxers aren't holding us back. We do not need 100% of people to be vaccinated. We are already seeing the benefits with ~40% only getting their first dose. This isn't an all or nothing.

In the older groups 90% of people took the vaccine and eventually the next groups will follow.

A concern that is swept under the rug is people not taking their 2nd dose. In the US many people took the first one and were no shows for round 2 and they were much closer(not 4 months apart). If those pro-vaccination follow the procedure and take both that 90% will crush the few who don't want it.

Either way, again...appointments are being taken, we had people on this forum refused several times for vaccines because they are attempting to handle the demand and supply concerns and we're worried about the few?

As long as an anti vaxxer doesn't make 20 appointments and not show he/she isn't preventing anyone from moving on. In fact, one less dose for them means someone who WANTS it gets it faster. Win-Win.

I am not as optimistic as you are with regards to the small effect of a handful of morons who refuse the vaccine.

We have seen how one dumb motherf***er can cause an outbreak, a new variant, a superspreader event.

We are the the verge of major progress here. A big step forward to the future. Finally leaving this behind us.

Just one idiot can set us back. It's happened time after time during this pandemic that the minority f***s it up for the majority. That won't change.

I see zero reason to cater to these idiots. We have enough of a mess to clean up here. They are weak minded people and if you make them deal with consequences for their actions, they will buckle.

Reactions: HabsTown

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I am not as optimistic as you are with regards to the small effect of a handful of morons who refuse the vaccine.

We have seen how one dumb motherf***er can cause an outbreak, a new variant, a superspreader event.

We are the the verge of major progress here. A big step forward to the future. Finally leaving this behind us.

Just one idiot can set us back. It's happened time after time during this pandemic that the minority f***s it up for the majority. That won't change.

I see zero reason to cater to these idiots. We have enough of a mess to clean up here. They are weak minded people and if you make them deal with consequences for their actions, they will buckle.
Honestly if I were you, I'd stop calling other people, whoever they are, idiots, cause right now you're just posting seriously dumb shit cause you're paranoid.

Stuff happened in the last year when the % of vaccinated people was MUCH lower, everyone knows this except you who feels the need to disregard it for some reason (need to feed the paranoia is my guess). Not a single person was vaccinated during 1st wave, none in the 2nd either.

And you can look at any other epidemic/pandemic troughout history and you'll realize none of them are history because 100% of the population was vaccinated/medicated. Never happened. I know, I know, a single individual can kill the enire human race in your mind - THAT is some Qanon level of thinking,but hey! technically it's possible so... let's think about this scenario 24/7 right ?

Seriously, if you're not posting all that stuff just for fun, trolling or something, I suggest you get help, you are not well.

Reactions: Magic Stick

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Honestly if I were you, I'd stop calling other people, whoever they are, idiots, cause right now you're just posting seriously dumb shit cause you're paranoid.

Stuff happened in the last year when the % of vaccinated people was MUCH lower, everyone knows this except you who feels the need to disregard it for some reason (need to feed the paranoia is my guess). Not a single person was vaccinated during 1st wave, none in the 2nd either.

And you can look at any other epidemic/pandemic troughout history and you'll realize none of them are history because 100% of the population was vaccinated/medicated. Never happened. I know, I know, a single individual can kill the enire human race in your mind - THAT is some Qanon level of thinking,but hey! technically it's possible so... let's think about this scenario 24/7 right ?

Seriously, if you're not posting all that stuff just for fun, trolling or something, I suggest you get help, you are not well.

Go get f***ing vaccinated and I'll stop.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I’m trying :( stress, anxiety, panic attacks and depression have worsened my state so much. Seeing a therapist helps but it’s still not enough.

Its understandable. Just keep going in right direction. If it’s one step or 1 mile, getting closer will help the anxiety.

The pandemic subsiding will surely help.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

If you’re worried about 1 person you’ll always worry. 100% won’t get vaccinated. It’s best you accept it.

You obviously know my stance on COVID and all this by now but no one will ever agree 100%. It has never happened nor will it ever happen. Being confrontational does not change a thing.

Worry about those around you and take precautions for as long as needed.

So far we have good turnout rates so focus on that.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

We rarely agree but yes, let’s not be paranoid.

This virus and media has conditioned us to be worried all the time but you gotta see passed it.

Well all be okay guys. Obviously if 100% of people got vaccine were better off but it’s not required. Well be fine.

Reactions: dinodebino

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
This is very interesting folks.

Maybe this will help persuade people like @ECWHSWI to finally get the jab.

COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging, Part 1 - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

upload_2021-5-8_18-25-5.png

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Estrie going back to Red on Monday. Da fook happened there? The hicks from Beauce are far from there.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If you’re worried about 1 person you’ll always worry. 100% won’t get vaccinated. It’s best you accept it.

You obviously know my stance on COVID and all this by now but no one will ever agree 100%. It has never happened nor will it ever happen. Being confrontational does not change a thing.

Worry about those around you and take precautions for as long as needed.

So far we have good turnout rates so focus on that.

I know one person living in the sticks won't affect me in any way. And I know not everyone will get vaccinated either. But where there's one, there will be more, and that's my concern. Because every person who refuses is a risk. If they are the type to refuse the vaccine, then they're also likely selfish and reckless. And that's that's dangerous combination. Those are the people who do other dumb shit like drive drunk or smoke in cars with children.

I'm going to deal with it by making life as difficult as possible for anyone who decides they're too good to do their part. I am far from the only one who feels this way. Social stigma will be very real for these people.

Reactions: the

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I know one person living in the sticks won't affect me in any way. And I know not everyone will get vaccinated either. But where there's one, there will be more, and that's my concern. Because every person who refuses is a risk. If they are the type to refuse the vaccine, then they're also likely selfish and reckless. And that's that's dangerous combination. Those are the people who do other dumb shit like drive drunk or smoke in cars with children.

I'm going to deal with it by making life as difficult as possible for anyone who decides they're too good to do their part. I am far from the only one who feels this way. Social stigma will be very real for these people.

Man, I'm all for as many people vaccinated as we can, but this I can't get behind. It sounds insane and people sharing your opinion doesn't make it any more valid.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I think you shouldn't jump the gun.

For example: In present times I have no issue being against people who break the rules consistently for selfish reasons. They are holding us back.

When we're at a certain vaccination rate and we are allowed to see people, I won't be upset if they do, why would I?

IF we reach the point where someone non-vaccinated is really a threat then you'd have a point. Right now its just paranoia. We'll be okay.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

There's different level here.

There's those breaking the rules and those encouraging other to break the rules
There's those who doesn't want the vaccine and those encouraging other to not get vaccinated.

The second group, those encouraging rules breaking and telling everyone not to get vaccinated I have absolutely no pity for them and making their life as miserable as can be would be welcome. It's hard to make the difference between the two cause most of those who doesn't want vaccination has this tendency of trying to influence as many as they can to be like them. Same for breaking the rules.

I will always respect "fear". It's okay to be afraid of things, either it's airplane, bees or heights. But those who are afraid usually doesn't go out there trying to convince everyone that planes are dangerous. That's the big difference here.

But the irony is there......the ones calling many of us sheep and telling to stay home if we are scare of the virus are the same one right now being scared to death of the vaccine but won't admit it and are just trying to make their fear a rational feeling with fake news. But fear isn't rational, never will be.

My mother in law has always been scare of needles and injections. She's not afraid of the vaccine itself.
I don't think she deserve to be thrown under the bus because she's afraid, she admit it, she's been working on that fear for months now......she finally got her vaccine today, 6 weeks later. We helped her, my dad went with her, his son too....

Not everyone is the same.

Reactions: llamateizer

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think you need a vacation..lol
You gotta relax mate, there will always be plenty of idiots, everywhere in the world. They had anti-vax protests in Israel too, from around 10K daily cases in mid-jan, to 16 cases last friday...

There will always be idiots yes, but this virus isn't going to spread as easily nor will it have the same harsh effects on the majority of people. The damage won't be nearly the same.

Things are gonna be fine.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think you need a vacation..lol
You gotta relax mate, there will always be plenty of idiots, everywhere in the world. They had anti-vax protests in Israel too, from around 10K daily cases in mid-jan, to 16 cases last friday...

There will always be idiots yes, but this virus isn't going to spread as easily nor will it have the same harsh effects on the majority of people. The damage won't be nearly the same.

Things are gonna be fine.

Yep....but still wondering how the dating game will work going forward.
Do I ask if she's vaccinated or not? Think it would become one of my first question. Weird.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Do I ask if she's vaccinated or not? Think it would become one of my first question. Weird.

I'm okay with the dating..I don't care, time to have fun. If she's an anti-vax person, that's different, if she just didn't take it because she rather not and we don't need 100% of people getting it, then that's fine.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Why? If you're vaccinated, you're fine. Hit it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad