OT: Covid-19 (Part 41) There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
I went to two vaccination centres (square decarie and cartierville one). Both were very rude. One gave me a residence number to call (a fake number they mass printed), and the other I mentioned in other thread. I’m trying to hang by a thread but I can’t take anything much longer. All I see is assholes everywhere I go. I’m just glad some of us got the help we needed. The Monkland veterinarian clinic boss who sees no persons chanced it (no priority lists) and got it at the same time and same place i was refused on Friday (it was empty and I was initially put on a list where at night they would call me to get untaken dose — but the guy running it there, his name is Guy purposely took me off the list and mocked me doing so. Pure power trip). I have proof of the clinic vet “chancing it”. At least the vet who got it told her staff to chance it too because why not. And they are doing it. Completely healthy 30 year olds with no medical history, nothing. Laughing at the faces of those of us who need it. And this corrupt government letting a lot of us suffer. And I pay these taxes to be treated like nothing at all. My taxes are paying empty spots everywhere and doses purposely thrown in the garbage.

Are you in the 40+ demographic that would be admissible if Quebec lowers the age for AZ?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Are you in the 40+ demographic that would be admissible if Quebec lowers the age for AZ?
No I’m 31 (almost 32). I’m morbidly obese (BMI 48 and rapidly climbing), severe breathing problems (resting SPoF is 92-93; sleep apnea stop breathing 97 times per hour, but can’t use a CPAP machine because of my very tight nasal passage and big tonsil problem, which they can’t get them removed because of surgery concern over my weight). I also consistently have high blood pressure but haven’t been diagnosed for it yet. Anyway I’m f***ed on all sides. But some of my friends are chancing it and getting it while I keep suffering.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
You would think when somebody so eager to have a jab like Loyal Dog is there, he would get his jab when there are doses available. They really should open AZ for everybody.

Reactions: MasterD

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Reporting back after a day in Ottawa. The border patrol was completely insane this morning, 2-2.5 hours waiting time and a line of cars of 15-20k in Gatineau. Around 9-10, even the Ottawa police stopped controlling the cars because it was ridiculous. Left my place at 1 pm and saw no control on both side.

Quebec will only do spot check, no full control because they don't have the space so anybody can come in quebec from ottawa with no problem

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
You would think when somebody so eager to have a jab like Loyal Dog is there, he would get his jab when there are doses available. They really should open AZ for everybody.

The long and short of that is they can't (Well, technically they could but it wouldn't change much), Canada never purchased enough dose of AZ to mass vaccinate with it. It's mostly used as a stopgap here.

Canada procurement in doses are:
AZ: 22 million
J&J: 38 million
Moderna: 44 million
Pfizer: 76 million

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010

At this point..if they do that...pretty sure they won't have enough offer to meet demands.

It would only create more frustration.

People need to be patience...we may disagree with the priority...but the protocol they are following is pretty logical and str8 forward.

The objective is to stop the spread by targeting certains groups. While some may have health issue...they are not really at risk if they follow the guideline.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
At this point..if they do that...pretty sure they won't have enough offer to meet demands.

It would only create more frustration.

People need to be patience...we may disagree with the priority...but the protocol they are following is pretty logical and str8 forward.

The objective is to stop the spread by targeting certains groups. While some may have health issue...they are not really at risk if they follow the guideline.

Well this is again the thing. It seems the system is failing certain people. For instances because @Kriss E knew someone at a pharmacy he was able to get his vaccine. Yet @A Loyal Dog who is scared to death for his life is consistently being turned away. Not sure how difficult it is to have a list of people that want to get vaccinated with those left over potential wasted vaccines from cancellations or no shows. We are certainly doing better than a lot of places, I hope our strategy to delay the second shot will work.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
Well this is again the thing. It seems the system is failing certain people. For instances because @Kriss E knew someone at a pharmacy he was able to get his vaccine. Yet @A Loyal Dog who is scared to death for his life is consistently being turned away. Not sure how difficult it is to have a list of people that want to get vaccinated with those left over potential wasted vaccines from cancellations or no shows. We are certainly doing better than a lot of places, I hope our strategy to delay the second shot will work.

A perfect system do not exist sadly. What you are asking is unrealistic to manage with this kind of scale and timeframe.

I much prefer some people like @Kriss E that get the vaccine because they have connections than wasting doses because we try to get a perfect system running.

In less than 10 weeks, everyone that want a vaccine will get it. Probably sooner. 24 weeks ago we were not even sure we could get a vaccine in 2021.

I understand that some are under a lots of stress..but if you put thing in perspective...it should help.

Again, if you follow the guideline...the odds are vastly on your side

Reactions: Andy and ArtPeur

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Terrible news, haven't they been on lockdown for 3 weeks now? How are cases still over 4K?
Ontario is a shit show. And reading all provinces might close their borders with BC to make sure the Brazilian variants doesn't make its way everywhere. And apparently the Indian variant is already here?

**** this Monday.
The last day of physical school was April 9th.
Anyone who was infected during Easter could have spread it at school or work in the days after.
April 23rd will mark two weeks of schools closed, so hopefully the daily numbers will start dropping from then onwards.

Reactions: Crusher117

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
The tweet is misleading then, implies they are very close.

That said, isn't their capacity very well utilized already? There's been articles dating back to March about how they were in dangerous levels and it hasn't slowed down.

It's a little bit misleading. I wish they were more transparent.

We're in dangerous level, I'm not sure how much capacity Ontario have.

They started moving patients. One in fact, he's seriously ill (would take more time to heal, so more efficient sending him )

Seriously ill COVID-19 patient from the south transferred to Northern Ontario hospital - Timmins News

Having 4k cases/day won't help resolve this situation

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The problem is once they open a vial, they have 6 hours to use it. A lot of people on the calling list aren't available on such short notice, most even miss the call. So they're not waiting for you to call back because the objective here is to do mass vaccination. Yes, there are priorities, but priorities does not mean it's them or nothing. They don't risk wasting doses.
Nobody answered, my buddy called me because I had already told him if he needs anyone and has spare to think of me. It was 11h30, he told me if I could come at 12h30 which would make me late for work. Asked if I could come later, he said no, 12h30 or he'll try finding someone else. Told work I'd be late and went.
I work 5 days/week in a dealership with about 50 other employees. There's probably easily another 50 other people that walk through the door as clients on a daily basis.
To that, I won't lie, I see my friends outside, walks, basketball and parks. I go shopping at the mall at least once per week.

So..ya..I think it's pretty important someone like me gets vaccinated as I'm constantly outside my house and interacting.
I wouldn't take the dose if @A Loyal Dog was in front of me but that's not really my decision.

What they should have done is go back into a full lockdown, set up massive vaccination days, 24/7. Reopen only when x amount of population have gotten vaccinated.
But now that we're pretty much all open, and there has been a couple covid scare at work...I jumped on my chance.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Looks like Ontario crested in case counts/day. Don't expect it to go much worse, vaccination effects will start kicking in. They just needed to win this weekend's fear factor, they probably did.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I went to two vaccination centres (square decarie and cartierville one). Both were very rude. One gave me a residence number to call (a fake number they mass printed), and the other I mentioned in other thread. I’m trying to hang by a thread but I can’t take anything much longer. All I see is assholes everywhere I go. I’m just glad some of us got the help we needed. The Monkland veterinarian clinic boss who sees no persons chanced it (no priority lists) and got it at the same time and same place i was refused on Friday (it was empty and I was initially put on a list where at night they would call me to get untaken dose — but the guy running it there, his name is Guy purposely took me off the list and mocked me doing so. Pure power trip). I have proof of the clinic vet “chancing it”. At least the vet who got it told her staff to chance it too because why not. And they are doing it. Completely healthy 30 year olds with no medical history, nothing. Laughing at the faces of those of us who need it. And this corrupt government letting a lot of us suffer. And I pay these taxes to be treated like nothing at all. My taxes are paying empty spots everywhere and doses purposely thrown in the garbage.

Can't you just book on clicsante? Just book an appointment and show up. They won't turn you down once you're there

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The problem is once they open a vial, they have 6 hours to use it. A lot of people on the calling list aren't available on such short notice, most even miss the call. So they're not waiting for you to call back because the objective here is to do mass vaccination. Yes, there are priorities, but priorities does not mean it's them or nothing. They don't risk wasting doses.
Nobody answered, my buddy called me because I had already told him if he needs anyone and has spare to think of me. It was 11h30, he told me if I could come at 12h30 which would make me late for work. Asked if I could come later, he said no, 12h30 or he'll try finding someone else. Told work I'd be late and went.
I work 5 days/week in a dealership with about 50 other employees. There's probably easily another 50 other people that walk through the door as clients on a daily basis.
To that, I won't lie, I see my friends outside, walks, basketball and parks. I go shopping at the mall at least once per week.

So..ya..I think it's pretty important someone like me gets vaccinated as I'm constantly outside my house and interacting.
I wouldn't take the dose if @A Loyal Dog was in front of me but that's not really my decision.

What they should have done is go back into a full lockdown, set up massive vaccination days, 24/7. Reopen only when x amount of population have gotten vaccinated.
But now that we're pretty much all open, and there has been a couple covid scare at work...I jumped on my chance.

You did nothing wrong, I was simply using you as an example since you mentioned you got it. You work with the public, so you’re more at risk to a certain extent. I really want construction workers to be allowed to get it, for those that will... sigh

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You did nothing wrong, I was simply using you as an example since you mentioned you got it. You work with the public, so you’re more at risk to a certain extent. I really want construction workers to be allowed to get it, for those that will... sigh
I don't think I did anything wrong, I didn't go beat up someone to steal his dose..lol
Mass vaccination is the goal, they should open it to everyone.
20 000 doses of AZ not used in MTL over the weekend...that's just ridiculous.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I don't think I did anything wrong, I didn't go beat up someone to steal his dose..lol
Mass vaccination is the goal, they should open it to everyone.
20 000 doses of AZ not used in MTL over the weekend...that's just ridiculous.
Paris opened up a walk in vaccination site for AZ. 4000 per day is their capacity. They only did 58 people on day 1 and closed it.
The population doesn't want AZ and it's gonna delay our return to normal.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Honestly, I know there are limited doses for now and some people need it before others but IF they aren't going to give people who feel they are at risk the vaccine then just give it to anyone.

I genuinely do not care if I am last in line. The way I see it the more people vaccinated the better the situation is for everybody.

Just give them out.

Granted, I'm all for rules so its good they have a system in place even if its not perfect but just loosen it and let others come in. Open up the next tier. We have a shitload in stock.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Paris opened up a walk in vaccination site for AZ. 4000 per day is their capacity. They only did 58 people on day 1 and closed it.
The population doesn't want AZ and it's gonna delay our return to normal.

few details
- Nice (small population) not Paris
- opened to 55+, must be working (not retired) and working in high risk of contagion domain (teacher, police...)
- only 3k teachers were eligible
- communicated to teachers on thursday, police friday. Vaccination happened on saturday

the question is either it's disinterest/fear or lack of communication/preparation.

source

less serious source ;)

Covid-19 : 58 personnes pour 4000 doses... à Nice, le fiasco de la vaccination avec AstraZeneca

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
few details
- Nice (small population) not Paris
- opened to 55+, must be working (not retired) and working in high risk of contagion domain (teacher, police...)
- only 3k teachers were eligible
- communicated to teachers on thursday, police friday. Vaccination happened on saturday

the question is either it's disinterest/fear or lack of communication/preparation.

source

less serious source ;)

Covid-19 : 58 personnes pour 4000 doses... à Nice, le fiasco de la vaccination avec AstraZeneca

Thanks for the clarification. But still. 58 on 4000 is bad.
I hope we open up things here soon.

Reactions: llamateizer

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
@Tough Au Lit just to respond to the article you linked me, it's interesting but it's also not saying what you are saying

it does say a high percentage means we require more testing but that's it, it's not saying that it's hiding or deflating numbers... It's also not saying that the usual sample size calculation doesn't apply anymore, for a 15M to get a 1% margin of error you need to be at around 10k tests and they tested about 45k yesterday, so testing twice as much probably won't suddenly tell you that the actual positive rate is at 17% for some reason, it would still be around 10%~

or maybe i'm missing the point you're trying to make entirely, idk

Where did I ever talk about hiding or deflating numbers? I challenge you to quote me on that. I said that with such high positivity, the real number of cases in the population is higher than what is being transpired by the testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad