OT: Covid-19 (Part 41) There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Terrible to see what's happening in Ontario.

On a somewhat related note about 5 years ago my father had a stroke and became paralyzed, couldn't talk and the whole bit.

The hospital who shall not be named promised over and over that he would be sent to rehabilitation center in the coming days once he stabilizes. Days turned into weeks and they finally set a date. They said on a particular Thursday he would be transferred. That Wednesday they told my mother that the government made a change where someone like my father who doesn't have a good chance of recovery doesn't need to be sent for rehab.

My mother who is an absolute angel and quiet woman absolutely lost it and ended up demanding to speak to the person in charge. She was in front of some group of upper hospital management and basically told them they're f***ing assholes to promise someone rehab and take it away 1 day before. She threatened to tell the news how this hospital operates and they took some time to talk before finally rendering a conclusion. They would send my father for rehab only because they promised and be done with it. All while adding a closing jab that he would not last very long anyway and be sent home within ~2 weeks.

My father lasted 4 months and was later transferred as an out patient to another facility for another 8 months.

They were somewhat right as he never fully recovered but very wrong on his potential. He's very far away but with help he can walk, understand and eat food that doesn't come through a tube.

I always felt horrible knowing that the next person who comes in may not get the luxury of the "We promised so we have to."

Somewhere in Ontario and other parts of the world there is someone who COULD survive with treatment but won't get the chance because of this pandemic. That eats me up inside.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

This is level 3.
Ontario is in level 0 for now.

Ontario isn't going to the right direction.
It will take a catastrophe before they reach that level.
They're still leverages before (stop non urgent surgeries).

Ontario had 3x cases compared to Quebec in the last 14 days.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
My dudes, Pfizer and Microsoft are running through my veins! Better yet, since I had the COVID already, no 2nd dose.

Did you have to bring proof that you already had Covid or you just said ''well I had Covid so I'm fine now'' ?

Did they give you some kind of passport/proof that says you are now fully vaccinated?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is level 3.

Indeed but it's not hard to see us reach 3 with the ways things are going and people not listening.

Reactions: llamateizer

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This is level 3.

The tweet is misleading then, implies they are very close.

That said, isn't their capacity very well utilized already? There's been articles dating back to March about how they were in dangerous levels and it hasn't slowed down.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I watched a video on YT where this guy was not allowed to buy something in a store because he refused to wear a mask, then he went and came back in a car sitting with a megaphone taunting people with masks until a guy got mad and smashed his side window. Somehow it felt refreshing to watch.

We had something like that too.

After an antimask/curfew protest in Montreal, a few covidiots decided they would block the 3 lanes in a tunnel bridge. They stopped midway and saying dumb stuff up, blocking everyone so they couldn't get home. After a minute or 2, a random dude started smashing lights from the cars blocking the way. Then everyone left. The covidiot who took part in the blockade filmed everything. He was arrested a week later... :laugh:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm at risk, but I also got it because the dose would have been spoiled if it was not used today. There were cancellations.
You’re lucky. I called over 60 pharmacies in Montreal and Greater Montreal Area. I have no luck. This includes having my doctor and a pharmacist (who doesn’t have doses) make extra calls everywhere. 3 major conditions. Maybe God wants me to die, but wants to see me suffer first. Maybe I was a terrible person in my past life and paying for it now. I’m happy at least someone at risk like yourself got the vaccine. I know far too many people on no lists who got vaccinated. That is so infuriating, so disappointing. I want this suffering to end. I have bad problems breathing as is.

Last edited:

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Glad to see a bunch of assholes all over. I know I won’t matter in a day

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Did you have to bring proof that you already had Covid or you just said ''well I had Covid so I'm fine now'' ?

Did they give you some kind of passport/proof that says you are now fully vaccinated?
You can get your test result on Dossier Santé Québec. Proves your positive test result of you eventually need it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You’re lucky. I called over 60 pharmacies in Montreal and Greater Montreal Area. I have no luck. This includes having my doctor and a pharmacist (who doesn’t have doses) make extra calls everywhere. 3 major conditions. Maybe God wants me to die, but wants to see me suffer first. Maybe I was a terrible person in my past life and paying for it now. I’m happy at least someone at risk like yourself got the vaccine. I know far too many people on no lists who got vaccinated. That is so infuriating, so disappointing. I want this suffering to end. I have bad problems breathing as is.
Have you tried showing up to the Olympic Stadium? Like show up without an appointment?

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Have you tried showing up to the Olympic Stadium? Like show up without an appointment?
I went to two vaccination centres (square decarie and cartierville one). Both were very rude. One gave me a residence number to call (a fake number they mass printed), and the other I mentioned in other thread. I’m trying to hang by a thread but I can’t take anything much longer. All I see is assholes everywhere I go. I’m just glad some of us got the help we needed. The Monkland veterinarian clinic boss who sees no persons chanced it (no priority lists) and got it at the same time and same place i was refused on Friday (it was empty and I was initially put on a list where at night they would call me to get untaken dose — but the guy running it there, his name is Guy purposely took me off the list and mocked me doing so. Pure power trip). I have proof of the clinic vet “chancing it”. At least the vet who got it told her staff to chance it too because why not. And they are doing it. Completely healthy 30 year olds with no medical history, nothing. Laughing at the faces of those of us who need it. And this corrupt government letting a lot of us suffer. And I pay these taxes to be treated like nothing at all. My taxes are paying empty spots everywhere and doses purposely thrown in the garbage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad