OT: Covid-19 (Part 39) Subject Line Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
Last year just before the lockdown I broke a tooth and had it repaired. The dentist said he'd wait a year and if it still hurt, I'd have to get a crown and whatnot. Well it's now a year later and over the past few days it deteriorated badly and I'm pretty sure the nerve is dead now but I can't get a hold of anyone from the freaking clinic. I called and don't get an answer (or the possibility of a voicemail), I used their appointment form on their website and I got not answer AND I went there in person but I can't get inside because they only let you in if you have an appointment.

f*** this pandemic. I'm f***ing sick of it

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Last year just before the lockdown I broke a tooth and had it repaired. The dentist said he'd wait a year and if it still hurt, I'd have to get a crown and whatnot. Well it's now a year later and over the past few days it deteriorated badly and I'm pretty sure the nerve is dead now but I can't get a hold of anyone from the freaking clinic. I called and don't get an answer (or the possibility of a voicemail), I used their appointment form on their website and I got not answer AND I went there in person but I can't get inside because they only let you in if you have an appointment.

f*** this pandemic. I'm f***ing sick of it
I got a root canal for a small fee of 1350$ last summer and a few weeks ago it split in half :) I love dental work.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I do not care if gyms are open are closed as long as rules are respected. I never even demanded they be closed.

I only responded to the ridiculous claim they are essential. They are not. Putting gyms as essential is a slippery slope because anyone can make a claim X or Y is essential.
Canadian Tire remained opened through first lockdown as they were considered essential. So was dollorama. So ya, if those are considered essentials, a gym should definitely also be part of it.
The really ridiculous thing here is how so many people can't understand the importance of promoting gyms.

There's an obesity crisis, the top cause for death is blood flow complications, and people are struggling to understand why gyms should be considered essential...or at least, remain open way above others.
This world is bonkers.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Canadian Tire remained opened through first lockdown as they were considered essential. So was dollorama. So ya, if those are considered essentials, a gym should definitely also be part of it.
The really ridiculous thing here is how so many people can't understand the importance of promoting gyms.

There's an obesity crisis, the top cause for death is blood flow complications, and people are struggling to understand why gyms should be considered essential...or at least, remain open way above others.
This world is bonkers.

You have to understand that people are lazy. They would rather use miracle forms of losing weight than exercise.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

This world is bonkers.

Access to manufactured goods is essentials. Virtually no one has the skills or the tools to make or repair their own clothes/shoes/furniture/metalwork/etc.

Gyms are useful, gyms are convenient, gyms aren't essentials.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

This world is bonkers.

What you're referring to has nothing to do with the pandemic. Obesity issues are issues APART from the pandemic.

Department stores offering supplies and tools are far more essential than a gym.

Again, I don't care if a gym is open but calling it essential is laughable. Your main argument is "people feel like working out more in a gym than at home". Cool, I am more productive in the office than at home, should we send everyone back to work? No...because you can do the job elsewhere. It is not essential that I am at work and it is not essential you are at a gym.

If your argument was to promote physical health 99.9% of people would agree with you. The problem is your version demands one solution in particular that you want, not need. Long term vision? Gyms and the like ARE essential. In terms of a global pandemic? No...not even close.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Is this retro-active can someone who took an appointment a week ago see what he'll get?

There is no clear indication on when it's going to begin.
they're thinking about using specific sites for AZ only.

you can still refuse the vaccine when offered, but you'll lose your spot and need to do another appointment.

It's something that they need to address ASAP

to be followed.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
There is no clear indication on when it's going to begin.
they're thinking about using specific sites for AZ only.

you can still refuse the vaccine when offered, but you'll lose your spot and need to do another appointment.

It's something that they need to address ASAP

to be followed.

Yeah, my father is getting his shot this week and actually asked me about that today (because I booked his appointment) and I kind of got blindsided by the question.

Reactions: llamateizer

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I find it so funny that yesterday we talked about how there might political reasons for Canada to suspend AZ......and of course today Trudeau came out and Canada will received 5 millions more vaccines than expected of Pfizer in June.

Reactions: llamateizer

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Fully aware of that. Just trying to fight the good fight.

I fully understand that, I'm thinking you're underestimating the number of lazy people out there. I see them every day when I'm delivering my mail. They can't even shovel the snow on a stair of 5 steps. They have jobs so they're not waiting for their welfare checks but they can't even take 5mins to clear them out. It's like that every winter.

Everyone's in a hurry too. They have to be at home the earliest possible, do their job as fast as they can, etc. They could find the time for workouts but they'll find reasons not to. They're probably the same people who start going to gym early in January and stop 2 weeks later

Sad life.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I find it so funny that yesterday we talked about how there might political reasons for Canada to suspend AZ......and of course today Trudeau came out and Canada will received 5 millions more vaccines than expected of Pfizer in June.

Shocking. I thought we did everything possible and there simply wasn't any supply and we are getting them as fast as possib- oh, nevermind, we found 5 million more doses sitting around in the warehouse now that you stopped giving out our competitor's vaccine that costs a fraction of the price to produce and sell.

Reactions: Milhouse40

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, my father is getting his shot this week and actually asked me about that today (because I booked his appointment) and I kind of got blindsided by the question.

My father is getting his shot tomorrow. I wonder what he will do if they offer him AZ. As I said last week, he's had health and heart problems so I hope he doesn't get AZ but knowing him he'll probably take it anyway :laugh: :facepalm:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lots of evidence it doesn't as well. Until it's confirmed, which it isn't, people should continue to be smart about their interactions.

Source?

What scientist have been saying for months is that there is a lack of evidence it does, not that there is contradicting evidence.

I agree people should continue to be smart as the current evidences continue to pile up until confirmation, but I have not seen a single piece of evidence that the vaccines don't block infection/transmission. Of course they are not 100%, but I mean at a significant level.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The real question isn't whether gyms are essential, but whether there's a valid reason why they should be closed. With proper measures -- no group classes, distance between machines, heat-testing upon entry, sanitizing machines -- I don't see concrete reasons why they should be shut. Plus, gyms are the best ventilated space you'll find. My gym implemented all these measures last year and continues to do so. On what basis should they be punished?

Put aside emotional reactions and ask yourself whether gyms deserved their almost year-long closure. I don't think they did.
Samething as barbershops for me. Where’s the science to prove you’re at high risk while getting a haircut. I haven’t heard of a single case transmitted through a barbershop in NB, yet we keeping yoyoing them on and off. These guys are struggling to make a living as it is.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

This world is bonkers.
As long as they have their McDonalds who the f*** cares about a gym. I kid, I kid.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Samething as barbershops for me. Where’s the science to prove you’re at high risk while getting a haircut. I haven’t heard of a single case transmitted through a barbershop in NB, yet we keeping yoyoing them on and off. These guys are struggling to make a living as it is.

I would assume it’s the lack of 6 feet distance?

I actually don’t know much about how barbers are operating otherwise. I’ve been cutting my own hair since March 2020.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Source?

What scientist have been saying for months is that there is a lack of evidence it does, not that there is contradicting evidence.

I agree people should continue to be smart as the current evidences continue to pile up until confirmation, but I have not seen a single piece of evidence that the vaccines don't block infection/transmission. Of course they are not 100%, but I mean at a significant level.
For sure, however, until there's concrete evidence, it doesn't. Sound promising, but not official, yet.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I would assume it’s the lack of 6 feet distance?

I actually don’t know much about how barbers are operating otherwise. I’ve been cutting my own hair since March 2020.

I haven't cut my hair since December 2019. And I have a extremely thick, curly, voluminous hair. I did shave the sides and back a bit. When I wake up I kind of look like Marge Simpson. It's a legit afro/hightop right now.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I fully understand that, I'm thinking you're underestimating the number of lazy people out there. I see them every day when I'm delivering my mail. They can't even shovel the snow on a stair of 5 steps. They have jobs so they're not waiting for their welfare checks but they can't even take 5mins to clear them out. It's like that every winter.

Everyone's in a hurry too. They have to be at home the earliest possible, do their job as fast as they can, etc. They could find the time for workouts but they'll find reasons not to. They're probably the same people who start going to gym early in January and stop 2 weeks later

Sad life.
You guys need to rethink your definition of being healthy, reality is we are a shit load of people - young and old - who are in top shape even though we never set foot in a gym.

we don't have big muscles though, that's why we leave the shoveling to big people like you

Reactions: BehindTheTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad