OT: Covid-19 (Part 38) Close to You

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
my personnal choice not to be tested, therefore going to work anyway

Like I told you, in any thing...some dont get on board.

I won't argue any more with you...you clearly made up your mind and wont change it and Im fine with that. Policy/decision making in a team/society are not base on the 10% who always go against.

If you think your way...is the way. Good for you ! The goal is to get around 80% on board.

Maybe in 20 years when we have cancer and everythin fall a part because we took the vacinne you will happily say: I told you so !

But history seem to disagree with you.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
your talking about population control, you know that right ?

No it is not.

If I aint happy with my company policy I can simply leave.

But it would be pretty stupid to complain about that kind of behaviour from a company after they gave me all that flexibility.

If you think that is population control...well like you said: Bye

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Like I told you, in any thing...some dont get on board.

I won't argue any more with you...you clearly made up your mind and wont change it and Im fine with that. Policy/decision making in a team/society are not base on the 10% who always go against.

If you think your way...is the way. Good for you ! The goal is to get around 80% on board.

Maybe in 20 years when we have cancer and everythin fall a part because we took the vacinne you will happily say: I told you so !

But history seem to disagree with you.
that's not MY way... havent you read posts in this thread ?? I mean, people whining all the time cause they miss this and that, willingly not following measures so they can do trivial stuff for a few minutes... you really think the same people would willingly get tested and tell their boss they have covid if it means not benig paid ? seriously ?

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I'm not sure I undersant...or maybe I misspoken.

But once the vaccine is available...and the only reason you did not get it...is because of your personnal choice...thing wont be the same has of now.

Many employer right now give flexibility to employee (work from home, paid unlimited health day off). That flexibility will dissapears.

My last job (50k+ employee) would pay us any day sick for what ever reason during covid. Even in case your kid were sick.

They won't do that once the vaccine is available.

You can't discriminate someone if he isn't vaccinated. Your employer have no right to know if you're vaccinated or not unless you work in health or work with vulnerable population.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
that's not MY way... havent you read posts in this thread ?? I mean, people whining all the time cause they miss this and that, willingly not following measures so they can do trivial stuff for a few minutes... you really think the same people would willingly get tested and tell their boss they have covid if it means not benig paid ? seriously ?

????

Discussion was about vaccination.

If you get it. (VACCINE) You dont need to be tested anymore.

IF you willingly refuse to get the vaccine...like you are doing. It is your personnal.

If you dont have any more vacation or health day left...that will be on you.

Employee and Governement offer flexibility to avoid unecessary risk. Those will disappear once the vaccine take effect.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
????

Discussion was about vaccination.

If you get it. (VACCINE) You dont need to be tested anymore.

IF you willingly refuse to get the vaccine...like you are doing. It is your personnal.

If you dont have any more vacation of health day left...that will be on you.

Employee and Governement offer flexibility to avoid unecessary risk. Those will disappear once the vaccine take effect.
what are you sugesting, no vaccine no work ?and you say its not population control ? really...

not in the healthcare system, au contraire.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
You can't discriminate someone if he isn't vaccinated. Your employer have no right to know if you're vaccinated or not unless you work in health or work with vulnerable population.

I'm not.

Basic concept:

Gvt and employer(most of them) gave a lot of flexibility/program to lower the risk.

Once the vaccine is available...that flexibility...for the most of it....will dissapears.

That will put pressure on people who cant afford to lose income because they are sick.

Simple exemple:

My last job: If my kid got sick and the daycare sent him home...my job would allow me to take has many day off to take care of it.

After the vaccine: they will simply refuse that.

This a nothing to do witb discrimanation. It is simply common sense.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
what are you sugesting, no vaccine no work ?and you say its not population control ? really...

not in the healthcare system, au contraire.

What are YOU suggesting ???

Government and employer give unlimited health day off paid ?

Covid is simply one more risk. If you think it is not big enough to take the vaccine...again Fine !

I simply answered your initial question.

I suggest at least 70% will take the vaccine.

I don't really care about people who refuse the vaccine. It's their choice.

I suggest that employer and gvnt will simply go back to previous policy once the vaccine is available.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
What are YOU suggesting ???

Government and employer give unlimited health day off paid ?

Covid is simply one more risk. If you think it is not big enough to take the vaccine...again Fine !
you seem to be suggesting no work for people who are not vaccinated, sick or not ?

and why are you stopping at COVID, get he flu shot too or lose your job.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
you seem to be suggesting no work for people who are not vaccinated, sick or not ?

??? Where did I suggest that ??

You work in a CHSLD ?

Before Covid...if you were sick (Flu) would you go to work ?

If you're answer is yes... I don't expect this conversation to go anywhere

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
??? Where did I suggest that ??

You work in a CHSLD ?

Before Covid...if you were sick (Flu) would you go to work ?

If you're answer is yes... I don't expect this conversation to go anywhere
I asked you in pretty much every reply I madeto you, you have yet to provide a simple YES/NO.

I dont get sick.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

and why are you stopping at COVID, get he flu shot too or lose your job.
Employers usually give x amount of paid sick days. Doesn't matter what sickness you have after, it'll be unpaid days.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Employers usually give x amount of paid sick days. Doesn't matter what sickness you have after, it'll be unpaid days.
thanks for explaining the obvious, never had a job before, did not know that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
thanks for explaining the obvious, never had a job before, did not know that.
Well you're struggling to understand his point, which is just that.
Don't get the vaccine, if you catch covid and have to be at home for 14 days, dont expect to be extra paid sick days.

Reactions: ProMath

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So because of that you refuse the vaccine?
well, they can pay for me to take it if they want, it will compensate for their refusal to negociate a decent salary to every healthcare employee. If they don't want to, they can f*** off I don't care.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well you're struggling to understand his point, which is just that.
Don't get the vaccine, if you catch covid and have to be at home for 14 days, dont expect to be extra paid sick days.
not really, I asked him quite a few times already, every single time he refused to clarify.

and how would someone know he has covid if not vaccinated...
(back to square one, but ey, no surprise here)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
This is the kind of paranoia/hysteria that's actually damaging.
no paranoya or hysteria here, no conspiracy theory either... just someone who've seen enough not to trust any of these group to take the right decision for their employee (wich I am a part of).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad