OT: Covid-19 (Part 38) Close to You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Put your expectations to may 1st for gathering. It takes a few days/weeks before the vaccine works.
Parks and streets are gonna be packed this weekend. If numbers don't worsen, Legault will have a lot of pressure to relax some measures. May 1st is 6 weeks away, if cases don't go up...he won't be able to justify not allowing small gatherings.
Restaurants are gonna open soon, they're preparing and rehiring staff, it won't be 6 weeks before letting people see a couple friends.

Last edited:

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Ontario announced recently that they’re in the third wave now... when was the second one over?

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
30% difference... and it doesnt matter ?? really ?? :huh:

Do you follow press conference/news ?

The amount of doses that will be sent to Canada by that time is pretty ridiculous.

You have 4 approved vaccine. Canada will receive millions of doses per week.

Quebec will have 1500 pharmacy distributing it in 2-3 weeks.

Doses won't be an issue.

The issue is to convince the last 20-30% to get it sooner.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Parks and streets are gonna be packed this weekend. If numbers don't worsen, Legault will have a lot of pressure to relax some measures. May 1st is 6 weeks away, if cases don't go up...he won't be able to justify not allowing small gatherings.
Restaurants are gonna open soon, they're preparing and rehiring staff, it won't be 6 weeks before letting people see a couple friends.

I went to the park today (south shore of montreal). The park was relatively full. I was the only one wearing mask as I was sometimes less than 2m of others.

Soon I'll start gathering with friends and family at parks and outdoor private events.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
The media decided when it seems...
Pretty weird considering the number of times they’ve reported daily case numbers with inaccurate or incomplete data and the number of restrictions still in place everywhere. New year, same mess.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Do you follow press conference/news ?

The amount of doses that will be sent to Canada by that time is pretty ridiculous.

You have 4 approved vaccine. Canada will receive millions of doses per week.

Quebec will have 1500 pharmacy distributing it in 2-3 weeks.

Doses won't be an issue.

The issue is to convince the last 20-30% to get it sooner
to get it, at all.

and youll never get to 100% anyway.

I for one am not interested, not now, not later either.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
I think it will be a little bit more.....in some polls they talked about 75% of Canada's population wants to get vaccinated.
I expect that in time 80-85% will be vaccinated.

I think you may be right.

I think once it is available...the pressue put by employer and peer could do the job.

If 80% got their 1st doses by june 24th....many here should eat crow.

It would be a tremendous well done job by the health care/pharmacy. It could show when we work toward a common goal...thing can change quickly.

Reactions: Milhouse40

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Ontario announced recently that they’re in the third wave now... when was the second one over?

upload_2021-3-17_19-14-22.png

the wave isn't finished, but the peak was reached and the number of cases drastically dropped, there is now a tendency of increase.

Since it's not a scientific definition, we can call it 3rd wave.

I hope it's a dead cat bounce

Reactions: Redux91 and NK94

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I went to the park today (south shore of montreal). The park was relatively full. I was the only one wearing mask as I was sometimes less than 2m of others.

Soon I'll start gathering with friends and family at parks and outdoor private events.
I dont wear a mask outside unless I'm with older people or clients at work.

A lot of people are already gatherings.

Reactions: llamateizer

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
View attachment 408967

the wave isn't finished, but the peak was reached and the number of cases drastically dropped, there is now a tendency of increase.

Since it's not a scientific definition, we can call it 3rd wave.

I hope it's a dead cat bounce
I hope you’re right because I’m sure most people are tired of constantly going in and out of lockdown at this point.

Reactions: llamateizer

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
to get it, at all.

and youll never get to 100% anyway.

I for one am not interested, not now, not later either.

100% is not the goal.

Don't take it personnaly...but in anything...you always have some people who dont get onboard.

It is your personnal choice.

You have the right to refuse it.

But by then, I expect for exemple, employer, won't show any mercy for an employee who refuse a vaccine.

The policy will probably be for a while...you have symptom of anything...stay at home.

Unpaid, no PCU ? Obviously...it was your personnal choice.

If you are wealthly and can afford that or can work remootly....again, your personnal choice.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think you may be right.

I think once it is available...the pressue put by employer and peer could do the job.

If 80% got their 1st doses by june 24th....many here should eat crow.

It would be a tremendous well done job by the health care/pharmacy. It could show when we work toward a common goal...thing can change quickly.
given how many stopped following protocols, there's no WE here.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
100% is not the goal.

Don't take it personnaly...but in anything...you always have some people who dont get onboard.

But by then, I expect for exemple, employer, won't show any mercy for an employee who refuse a vaccine.

The policy will probably be for a while...you have symptom of anything...stay at home.

If you are wealthly and can afford that or can work remootly....again, your personnal choice.

This will never happen. you have to think about the negative effect.

I have covid and I need money, gov't is sending me home without pay if I declare myself.
I'll take the risk to go to work

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
100% is not the goal.

my personnal choice not to be tested, therefore going to work anyway

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
This will never happen. you have to think about the negative effect.

I have covid and I need money, gov't is sending me home without pay if I declare myself.
I'll take the risk to go to work

I'm not sure I undersant...or maybe I misspoken.

But once the vaccine is available...and the only reason you did not get it...is because of your personnal choice...thing wont be the same has of now.

Many employer right now give flexibility to employee (work from home, paid unlimited health day off). That flexibility will dissapears.

My last job (50k+ employee) would pay us any day sick for what ever reason during covid. Even in case your kid were sick.

They won't do that once the vaccine is available.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'm not sure I undersant...or maybe I misspoken.

But once the vaccine is available...and the only reason you did not get it...is because of your personnal choice...thing wont be the same has of now.

Many employer right now give flexibility to employee (work from home, paid unlimited health day off). That flexibility will dissapears.

My last job (50k+ employee) would pay us any day sick for what ever reason during covid. Even in case your kid were sick.

They won't do that once the vaccine is available.
your talking about population control, you know that right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce