OT: Covid-19 (Part 29) Sick Again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Uh-oh...

With schools open, what we do in the next few weeks will determine if it becomes a full outbreak or is limited to a short spike. Feels like we're right on the edge.

Ya know the cartoons where one of the characters runs to the edge of a small cliff, stops there thinking he's safe, but then a second later he's falling because behind him part of the cliff cracked and so the cliff broke off with him leading to "death"?

That's North America right now in a lot of places (not very in tune with what's happening elsewhere). They're at the edge, but too many people are looking forward at the potential to fall, when the reality is that the ground is breaking and in mere moments, they're going to fall. But because they're looking the wrong direction, they can't see it and the reality is, it's already too late.

I say they instead of we only because I'm not looking at the fall, I see the breaking of the ground.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
actually when you take time and research you will find that theres is no statistic showing covid is nothing more than a flu. Im worried to see the government take away some of our liberty with no fact to back it up. Something is up and everyone should start questioning what the mass media fed us with their fake news and agenda.

There is no more death in 2020 that there was in 2019 so far in canada. But we are supposed to be in a world wide pandemic? If the media had never talk about covid people would live their life normally and nothing would look different.

I understand media will sway and control your way of thinking. They create so much fear, i really hope vaccin wont be obligatory. People will be running to get it anyway

So you got infected by the other virus out there.

Yes there's more death this year as someone else pointed it out to you. This is the excess death just for Quebec this year.
So your arguments is false and is promoted by the REAL FAKE NEWS....and it's not from the medias but from people who didn't really made their research even if they claimed differently
g200724a002-eng.png

Those claiming it's like the flu obviously always left something out...the FACT that it's 5 to 6 times more contagious than the flu AND unlike the flu, it's contagious in the pre-symptomatic phase which makes it a unique virus.

You think the medias is driving fear but the conspiracies are driving fears.
Fear of the medias
Fear of the mask
Fear of losing liberties
Fear of of the vaccines
Fear of the government
Your post wreck of fear actually.

Thruth is, all what you're talking about is the American virus spreading fears all over the place.....

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The only fear I have is a fear of stupid f***ing dipshits spreading disinformation around because any news outside of YouTube and Facebook hurts their feelings.

I have a lot less patience than most people and the amount of idiots out there trying to downplay this virus or refusing to wear masks or listening to some bullshit Qcumber crap some teenager made up in his mom's basement is too f***ing high. I am at the point where I will react with violence to anybody who puts me or my family in danger.

Qcumbers want to larp about like some kind of wannabe terrorists? Fair enough, but be prepared to face the consequences.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The internet seems to have slowly furthered some kind of deep seeded mental deficiency that these Qcumbers have. They are dangerous people who have no empathy and are extremely violent. It's some kind of narcissistic personality disorder.

it's the same across the globe though

Now they feel less alone because there are people like them elsewhere. Just like there were flat-earthers

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
it's the same across the globe though

Now they feel less alone because there are people like them elsewhere. Just like there were flat-earthers

Definitely a world wide problem. But it doesn't change the fact that it needs to be nipped in the bud. These extremists have a distorted sense of reality. I truly think they will become the biggest threat of the next 10 years. Deranged, remorseless, violent people who are so gullible they will believe anything they see on facebook or Twitter and will never question any of it.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Definitely a world wide problem. But it doesn't change the fact that it needs to be nipped in the bud. These extremists have a distorted sense of reality. I truly think they will become the biggest threat of the next 10 years. Deranged, remorseless, violent people who are so gullible they will believe anything they see on facebook or Twitter and will never question any of it.

I hate to break it to you but we are way past the point where anything can be nipped in the bud. The type of mindset you describe persists all across the world has either already, or close to, being part of various counties national political conversation. How to stop it? No idea. We always like to think the type of things we perceive as crazy represent a small minority but the past 5 or so years has proven that narrative to be false. There are for more crazies out than we'd like to believe.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
actually when you take time and research you will find that theres is no statistic showing covid is nothing more than a flu. Im worried to see the government take away some of our liberty with no fact to back it up. Something is up and everyone should start questioning what the mass media fed us with their fake news and agenda.

There is no more death in 2020 that there was in 2019 so far in canada. But we are supposed to be in a world wide pandemic? If the media had never talk about covid people would live their life normally and nothing would look different.

I understand media will sway and control your way of thinking. They create so much fear, i really hope vaccin wont be obligatory. People will be running to get it anyway

Thanks for the laugh :laugh:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The internet seems to have slowly furthered some kind of deep seeded mental deficiency that these Qcumbers have. They are dangerous people who have no empathy and are extremely violent. It's some kind of narcissistic personality disorder.

I've been saying that you can come up with any stance you want to believe in, then you can go online and and find support for your narrative, whether its misleading information or not.

We've created a giant monster in our online social media platforms.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Remember that we were in lockdown for several months and that we currently have a lot of people still working remotely, wearing masks in public, washing hands before entering stores. Not to mention that because it was summer a lot of indoor activity was avoidable and schools are shut.

Anyone who tries to say that COVID is just the flu is just an idiot and dangerous to society.

It’s already 4 times the rate of the flu and we still have 6 months left in the year.

So whenever you hear someone say “they’ve done their research” remember that it’s code for “I went searching for anything on the internet to support my predetermined point of view”

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Man, I have gone to IGA a few times now and it's always felt safe, clean, and people have respected guidelines. Today I went to a Mourelatos and as expected it was a total shit show. As a Greek dude I was not expecting much but man oh man what a f***ing mess. Everyone in there surely has coronavirus.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Numbers are not looking good... cases slowly climbing up and in many regions this time. At least it doesn't seem to be erupting in retirement homes at the moment, infecting much younger people instead. And yeah, it won't surprise anyone with people returning to work/school with the end of summer. Hopefully the numbers will stay reasonably low, at least for now.
Man, I have gone to IGA a few times now and it's always felt safe, clean, and people have respected guidelines. Today I went to a Mourelatos and as expected it was a total shit show. As a Greek dude I was not expecting much but man oh man what a f***ing mess. Everyone in there surely has coronavirus.
:laugh:

Tell us more, how was your experience?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Remember that we were in lockdown for several months and that we currently have a lot of people still working remotely, wearing masks in public, washing hands before entering stores. Not to mention that because it was summer a lot of indoor activity was avoidable and schools are shut.

Anyone who tries to say that COVID is just the flu is just an idiot and dangerous to society.

It’s already 4 times the rate of the flu and we still have 6 months left in the year.

So whenever you hear someone say “they’ve done their research” remember that it’s code for “I went searching for anything on the internet to support my predetermined point of view”

There's really two viruses out there.

One kills people, the other turn people into dumbass,
One is very contagious and airborn, the other you can only catch it by "doing your research" on the internet.
One is dangerous to people who are weak physically, the other attack the people who are weak mentally.

Every scientist are working for a cure for the first virus......but the second one, you can't cure stupid
Welcome to Idiocracy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

IGA was found to be the highest costing supermarket store in Quebec in a study from a few years ago. I don't think that's changed.

However, given how clean they are and the measures they take, there is something to be said about spending your money somewhere where you can at least feel safe and limit your risk. This is not the time to shop for deals at multiple locations. You get what you need and you get out ASAP.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Tell us more, how was your experience?

Arrows in tape on the floor but two way traffic in most areas. Nose dicks hanging out of masks. No sanitation of carts or hand washing stations. Nobody checking masks at the door. Nobody distancing. Nobody enforcing masks. Old Greek uncles complaining and saying things like "now they say I must wear a mask until October? No! I will not do this!"

I know these types. Half of them are my relatives.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
IGA was found to be the highest costing supermarket store in Quebec in a study from a few years ago. I don't think that's changed.

However, given how clean they are and the measures they take, there is something to be said about spending your money somewhere where you can at least feel safe and limit your risk. This is not the time to shop for deals at multiple locations. You get what you need and you get out ASAP.

I buy my main groceries from Maxi online and do pickup which I think I will continue even after covid due to convenience. I got to IGA to buy certain items like beyond meat burgers or craft beer. Mourelatos was just for a few key greek things I couldn't get elsewhere.

Reactions: groovejuice

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore

Wow...just...wow...even on these boards, your "kind" exists.

Dude seriously. You have to be living under a freaking rock to think something like that. I don't even live in Canada and I can assure you this threat is real and there has been more than a million death from it.

I understand that people seem to have this bias to think "what's a Million deaths?" but seriously...please take some time to get some perspective.

This non-sense that's happening in Montreal (and other western parts of the world) is a direct failure of the government to act accordingly and to curb the nonsense conspiracy lunacy (mostly from QAnon maniacs).

And now we're at a stage where people would rather die than to accept the reality.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I buy my main groceries from Maxi online and do pickup which I think I will continue even after covid due to convenience. I got to IGA to buy certain items like beyond meat burgers or craft beer. Mourelatos was just for a few key greek things I couldn't get elsewhere.

I have a feeling that these low cost supermarkets will skimp on safety since they're already working with very small margins and every penny counts.

It's the reason why I've stayed away from places that sell too cheap and attract huge crowds. Used to go to Sami's for some cheap stuff but have not gone back since the pandemic.

Reactions: groovejuice

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
There's really two viruses out there.

One kills people, the other turn people into dumbass,
One is very contagious and airborn, the other you can only catch it by "doing your research" on the internet.
One is dangerous to people who are weak physically, the other attack the people who are weak mentally.

Every scientist are working for a cure for the first virus......but the second one, you can't cure stupid
Welcome to Idiocracy
Ain’t that the truth.
People who say to “do the research” don’t actually know what real research entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad