OT: Covid-19 (Part 26) Be our guest (Read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Liquor Inspectors to the rescue. Zap, your liquor license is revoked.

do you know how hard that would be to be enforce and track.

It would be impossible to enforce due to the sheer amount of bars there are in the city

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I don't usually wear a mask because I don't believe it's necessary when I'm in a grocery store or pharmacy. However, my dad's condo requires mask-wearing, so I'll put one on. My friend's very cautious, so I put one on when I picked her up on Thursday. My cousin asked if I could put on a mask when I went to her apartment last weekend, so I did. In none of these cases did I notice a decline in my freedom or feel any of my rights trampled.

If Costco asks me to put on a mask, I'll do it without taking offence. In fact, the only thing I take offence to in this great mask debate is the hijacking of societal pillars like "Freedom" and "Rights" to glorify people's petty little egos. Nothing has pissed me off more than the entitled children in adult bodies screeching about their personal freedom. Read a history book, remind yourself what "Freedom" and "Rights" represent, grow the **** up and feel shame over throwing a tantrum over a freakin mask.​

It's their rights not to put masks on ... It's my right hoping that they will be sick as a result of their rights :sarcasm:

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
do you know how hard that would be to be enforce and track.

It would be impossible to enforce due to the sheer amount of bars there are in the city
If you close 20 bars a night it won’t be long for the rest to get the message.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Give me this kind of fluff piece over an anti-mask harangue by another self-entitled moron. It's nice to see stories about "How can I help you?" rather than "How dare you!".
Taking a good story and milking the f*** out of it to try and make it sound full of sacrifice, bravery and inspiring is just as nauseating as the people ranting about masks and liberty.

Even the title is typical American sensationalism bullshit "Inside the Connecticut assisted-living facility where COVID never had a chance" All he's missing is a picture of the guy in soldier uniform and the American flag background to check every cheesy box.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Are you confusing George Reeves with Christopher Reeve? George played Superman on tv in the 60s. Christopher played him in later decades in motion pictures.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It was dumb as f*** to open bars and even worse do keep them open after multiple outbreaks. And watch them be packed again tonight. It sometimes feels like they want this thing to spread everywhere.

You want bars open? Fine. No standing, max groups of 4, no leaving your table, and only non alcoholic drinks can be served.

I wouldn't mind going to a bar with friends and have some drinks. That said, I wouldn't probably go in any that has an over-crowded place. Self-distancing and drinking? I'd be open to go. The problem is that some people are idiots and are keen to forget. Actually, the large portion of the population already forgot about the virus going on. I see it everyday and even, myself, I don't take all necessary precautions at all time. I still haven't put a mask to do my groceries but I keep my distance from everyone. I live in a small town and there's hardly many people inside anyway. I've never seen lineups too aside from waiting on "the cashiers line" (with, then again, self-distancing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino