OT: Covid-19 (Part 25) Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Baited maybe the wrong word, insisted if you rather.
Why did he DUI while on probation? Because he's an idiot.
They had to insist, because they need tangible proofs that he was drunk and it's the procedure.
Yes, it's their job to neutralize a suspect, it's their job to conserve their weapons, and it's their job to ''serve and protect''.

Show me where it’s stipulated that a cop is to blame if he loses his weapon during a fight and can’t neutralize a suspect.

What is true is a suspect can’t resist during an arrest.

They did none of these things. Guy was passed out, he wasn't a risk anymore, there was no need to use excessive force and they mishandled the situation. Yes yes I'm clueless and mister student here with a wealth of world life experiences from the sounds of it knows whats up.

What kind of logic is that ? If someone committed a crime previously and we have proof that he did it, we should not arrest him because currently, "he’s not a risk anymore" ?

DUI is a crime, it's serious offense.

Of course you are clueless, do you even understand what you are defending ?

They didn't do a good job, the guy was a bozo. He still did not deserve to die. That's all there is to it.

GBI says it was not consulted by DA before charges filed against officers in Rayshard Brooks case.

Ted Williams says Atlanta DA 'overcharged' ex-officer in Rayshard Brooks case: 'A miscarriage of justice'

Cops have been charged before the end of the investigations and without consultation with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

It’s not hard to comprehend that they are doing their best to appease the rioters.

They did their job and used their gun as a last resort. He did not deserve to die, it was never the question.

It's disturbing because you can't even understand the point. You have a wall of simplicity in front of your face ''guy resisted arrest, grabbed a taser from the cops, ran, aimed/shot, and they killed him in response'' justified, case closed.

Exactly, shame you can’t understand it.

Because you don't deserve to die for a DUI, even if you resist arrest and get a hold of a taser.
You don’t deserve to die even if you kill someone. But if you have a weapon and use it against the police, you will most likely get shot and if you die, it’s too bad.

Do you know why he was DUI
Kriss E, do you know why he was DUI ? I don’t and I don’t care, he did it and needs to pay for it. No reason is good enough to DUI, you always have alternatives.

...do you know why he has his rap sheet...do you know his upbringing and the struggles of his life? I guess who gives a crap about any of this because OMG he stole the taser and shot it at the cops! Kill that guy!

I have the sensation that I’m talking to a child, you are completely disconnected from reality.

His reasons are irrelevant to me.

The question is not if he deserved to die, but if the cop used his gun in self-defence. The answer is yes. The criminal died, too bad.

No he didn't have to, just like cops didn't arrest me when I was trespassing lost wasted and instead they just drove me home, didn't even give me a big ticket, just a tiny fine so they can file something in response to call.

Good for you, but that’s irrelevant because all cops are not the same, you did not DUI and if I’m not mistaken you live in Canada and not the USA.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
What is wrong with you?

A lot of people in this thread are sincerely wondering.
Nothing is wrong with me. I’m not the one downplaying DUI to defend a narrative.

The officer returned fire at a suspect armed with a spent (unloaded) taser. As soon that taser shot missed the threat level was zero.

We are talking about humans, not robots… You can’t expect a human to react faster than he could.

Understanding Police Officer Reaction Time to Stop Shooting

So now movements can't be stopped in 1 second?

They are not robots, it should not be that hard to understand.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Nothing is wrong with me. I’m not the one downplaying DUI to defend a narrative.

We are talking about humans, not robots… You can’t expect a human to react faster than he could.

Yes we are talking about humans, human life, squeezing that 9mm trigger should be the absolute last resort. He knew the taser shot was a miss, you don't need to count to 3 Mississippi to know if you got hit by a taser.

He just returned fire, which was unnecessary at this point. I don't know why he did it, reflex? training? fear? All of the above? Dunno, but the end result is someone died because of it.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

This is arguing about additional shots so it is irrelevant to the discussion. Even the first shot was not necessary in the current case. They are not robots, but they should not be dumb as a brick either.

There was no prior situation stress as they were responding to an immobile car in a drive-through. As per the audio from videos, there is no other chatter than the two officer, so another point from the article ruled out. Unless their own car lights are enough to debilitate them for 1+ second, they had plenty of time not to pull the trigger the first time.

I am not arguing about 3 shots being fired, I'm arguing against any shot being fired at all which is completely different.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I would think the area from PEI, and the southern parts of NB and maybe Halifax would be the where most of the movement will be, imo. It’s mostly going to be business and family reasons for travelling.

Going from St. John’s, NL to Halifax is a 2 day project. a full day across NL, overnight on the ferry and 7 hours to Halifax.

Can't fly?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Hockey hasn't even started and yet,it's started

xnndVAq.gif

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Yes we are talking about humans, human life, squeezing that 9mm trigger should be the absolute last resort. He knew the taser shot was a miss, you don't need to count to 3 Mississippi to know if you got hit by a taser.

He just returned fire, which was unnecessary at this point. I don't know why he did it, reflex? training? fear? All of the above? Dunno, but the end result is someone died because of it.

This one is more clear. Reasonableness and Reaction Time in Police Use of Force Incidents

"In a complex environment such as our scenario, the officer’s response time can range from .7 to 1.5 seconds.(2) During that time the suspect may be moving. In the time it takes the officer to complete the response (from identification of the stimulus to the physical sequence), the suspect may end up in a completely different location or facing a different direction. Then we must add more time for the same process to occur in reverse—meaning it will also take time for the officer to perceive the movement of the person and respond. This process is why some suspects are shot in the back. In such cases, when the officer started the process of firing his or her weapon, the suspect was facing them, but in the time it took to fully respond, the suspect had turned."

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
This is arguing about additional shots so it is irrelevant to the discussion. Even the first shot was not necessary in the current case. They are not robots, but they should not be dumb as a brick either.

Unless their own car lights are enough to debilitate them for 1+ second, they had plenty of time not to pull the trigger the first time.

This one is more clear. Reasonableness and Reaction Time in Police Use of Force Incidents

"In a complex environment such as our scenario, the officer’s response time can range from .7 to 1.5 seconds.(2) During that time the suspect may be moving. In the time it takes the officer to complete the response (from identification of the stimulus to the physical sequence), the suspect may end up in a completely different location or facing a different direction. Then we must add more time for the same process to occur in reverse—meaning it will also take time for the officer to perceive the movement of the person and respond. This process is why some suspects are shot in the back. In such cases, when the officer started the process of firing his or her weapon, the suspect was facing them, but in the time it took to fully respond, the suspect had turned."

There was no prior situation stress as they were responding to an immobile car in a drive-through. As per the audio from videos, there is no other chatter than the two officer, so another point from the article ruled out.

Fighting with a suspect is not a situation of stress ? Knowing that he stole your weapon is not either ?

I am not arguing about 3 shots being fired, I'm arguing against any shot being fired at all which is completely different.

He stole a deadly weapon and used it against the cop, they answered in a reasonable amount of time to stop the threat.

They tried to stop him physically, they tried to use the taser gun and nothing worked, when he attacked them with a deadly weapon, they used a justified force to stop him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Fighting with a suspect is not a situation of stress ? Knowing that he stole your weapon is not either ?

He stole a deadly weapon and used it against the cop, they answered in a reasonable amount of time to stop the threat.

They tried to stop him physically, they tried to use the taser gun and nothing worked, when he attacked them with a deadly weapon, they used a justified force to stop him.

At this point, all I can say is "Ok buddy".

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
At this point, all I can say is "Ok buddy".

So now movements can't be stopped in 1 second?

You argue with me, because you think a cop should be able to stop his shooting motion with almost no delay. I show you that you are asking too much from them with an article and a study, then you shift to "he should not have been shot"...

Have a good night.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You argue with me, because you think a cop should be able to stop his shooting motion with almost no delay. I show you that you are asking too much from them with an article and a study, then you shift to "he should not have been shot"...

Have a good night.

My point was always that the first shot should have never been taken in the first place. There was no shift in my point. You reply with an article about policemen firing excessive (not the same as unneeded) shots as a justification.

Anyway, enjoy your world, I'll live in mine.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Well, the plot gets thicker... strangely disturbing but interesting at the same time (my thoughts with all the families involved).

Feels like conspiracy theory. If true, it is a massive fail from the RCMP and rumbles should be felt up to the top of whatever department is related to this.

Personally, something is fishy about this report.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
After Hallowwen last uear we live in a world of fear....

Economy is dying...it will be worse in 3 months...when nobody spend for useless shit anymores...

So many stores restaurants will be clising for what???

Testing positive is like a drama.....

I we called Covid19 Flu Winter 20.... and made tests etc links etc....

Pretty sure they would have same numbers of cases...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Jesus Christ! Man oh man this is outrageous! f***ing police are doing their best to destroy whatever shred of credibility they had left! This reeks of corruption and hopefully there is hell to pay for this coverup! 22 innocent people lost their lives and it might have been the cops all along that did it! God Damn you 2020, is this the year the world ends?

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad