OT: Covid-19 (Part 21) Come Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
A lot, and I mean a lot of people are going on the "globalists-elite-Bill Gates-provoked pandemic" bandwagon in this province. Videos are a plenty and going viral on social media. Even friends and coworkers of mine have been sharing.
Wow. Never thought this would reach our small part of the world.

You know what scares me about this?
A non-insignificant part of these voted CAQ. Legault knows it.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, a woman I'm close to is on that same crazy train. This is what happens when people reach a conclusion before they examine the evidence.

This is what happens when you have a government saying one thing one day and the opposite the next week.
In Canada, we've been helping those conspiracy theorists by switching gear every week.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A lot, and I mean a lot of people are going on the "globalists-elite-Bill Gates-provoked pandemic" bandwagon in this province. Videos are a plenty and going viral on social media. Even friends and coworkers of mine have been sharing.

What is this theory? It's the first time I hear of it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think they've been counting Laval separately. Because when you look at the Quebec's site where they update each region's cases & deaths, Laval is listed.

However, the south shore seems to be counted with Montreal because you don't see Brossard, Longeuil, Chateauguay and those regions listed.

But Laval is listed separately. So I take it their re-openings and all of that is not included with the Montreal ones.

That's just for numbers I assume...Laval has been part of every discussion when they talk about Mtl region. Legault had mentioned before when talking of Mtl he is including the 450 regions like laval and south shore.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
7-14 days seems to be no longer a period of time sufficient enough to determine an asymptomatic carrier.

I was told people have been known to carry the virus for much longer than that before developing any symptoms at all (or any).
I know you're just repeating what you were told, but how is it possible to measure how long someone's asymptomatic? How do you test for an extended absence of symptoms? It doesn't make sense.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Let me say again I hate how they count deaths. 25 of the total deaths today were from more then 5 days ago.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I know you're just repeating what you were told, but how is it possible to measure how long someone's asymptomatic? How do you test for an extended absence of symptoms? It doesn't make sense.
That's the thing - you don't test someone who is without symptoms. No country in the world has the capability to test all of their population.

What you assume is that if they have been quarantined for two weeks showing no symptoms they're healthy. Yet, that is no longer the case here. Those people in China went back to their jobs and continued spreading the virus. The outbreak I was told about happened at a manufacturing plant involving people that have been "locked up" for several months prior.

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

From my understanding Bill Gates is a comic book villian, he wants to implant chips in everyone through vaccines and sprinkle in a bit of population control in there as well.

I mean I know Gates is an asshole and cut throat business man, but I am not sure where him becoming a real life comic villian came from. I guess some people really hate Windows 10 and IE.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Basically, the virus is about selling Gates' vaccine to the world or something like that.
You know, Bill Gates and his group (of all people) did this to make money…..and controlled the population by putting chips in the vaccine.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

This is actually the first time I'm very vocal about something on Facebook or whatever. If I see someone in my contacts talking about this favorably I'm saying to their faces they are idiots, plain and simple. I don't care if they unfriend me.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is what happens when you have a government saying one thing one day and the opposite the next week.
In Canada, we've been helping those conspiracy theorists by switching gear every week.
Maybe, but I don't think it's specific to a country. Most of these conspiracies are free-floating rants coming from random people on the internet who have too much time and anger.

Reactions: angusyoung

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Basically, the virus is about selling Gates' vaccine to the world or something like that.
You know, Bill Gates and his group (of all people) did this to make money…..and controlled the population by putting chips in the vaccine.

Isn't there some extra parts where 5G actually activates that virus too, or something in that foolish range of idiotic idea?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
My preferred method

giphy.gif
What about depilatory cream?
:sarcasm:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That's the thing - you don't test someone who is without symptoms. No country in the world has the capability to test all of their population.

What you assume is that if they have been quarantined for two weeks they're healthy. Yet, that is no longer the case here. Those people go back to their jobs and continue spreading the virus. The outbreak I was told about happened at a manufacturing plant involving people that have been "locked up" for several months prior.
I hear you, but it doesn't add up. You can't just assume a bunch of people who feel fine are really 'sick' unless you test them. And even if you do test all those 'healthy' people and find asymptomatic carriers among them, how do you determine that they've been carrying it for weeks?

"Asymptomatic" seems to be the flexible boogeyman we use to explain all the stuff we don't know yet.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Welcome to America! :)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad