Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Everyone checking in on hf every few days:

Dr-cK9gUUAAtJ0a.jpg

Continue to stay safe everyone

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Prediction: the race for Florida Governor begins now. Whichever Democrat mayor ends up Cuomoing in the next few weeks will most likely face off against DeSantis in 2022.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Confession: I don't think that Tiger King on Netflix is all that especially strange. Yes, there's unusual stuff, but I've been on the internet long enough that maybe I can't see why people are acting like their jaws are on the floor.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
I just found out my 2 favorite bands of all time Hall and Oates and Squeeze are touring together and coming to Tampa. If anybody here works in promotions let me know.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Confession: I don't think that Tiger King on Netflix is all that especially strange. Yes, there's unusual stuff, but I've been on the internet long enough that maybe I can't see why people are acting like their jaws are on the floor.

Was a great show.

f*** Carole Baskins

Chromolith

Jul 6, 2010
I've seen some really f***ed up, repugnant shit on the internet and Tiger King still amazes me.

Reactions: DFC

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
I've seen some really f***ed up, repugnant shit on the internet and Tiger King still amazes me.

"I’m broke as shit, I have a judgement against me from some bitch down there in Florida"

So quotable. I lost my shit with that campaign video.

Reactions: DFC

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ubisoft seems primed to have a decent month of offerings for April as they've promised a month of giveaways, discounts, free trials etc.

Right now, Rayman Legends is free to keep on the Uplay store.

Ubisoft Free Events

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dude...

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
I got bored so I grabbed a miner license ($30 for 10 years), some gold pans and buckets. Taking the kids "camping" overnight near a river bed a few times with the time off and everyone indoors.

krhy1SU.jpg

Reactions: Chromolith and Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm hardly an investing expert, but since interest rates kept getting cut, savings accounts aren't paying out much (as if they really ever were).

If you've never invested in stocks (nearly half of adults don't own any stocks), now would probably be a good time to start legging in. (put a set amount in each day/week/month/quarter/whatever) So you're buying everything on a deal while the market is down. Even if we're talking like $10 a week, it'd make more long-term in a portfolio than a savings account. (once interest rates go up, things like savings accounts and CDs will begin to have higher returns, although the stock market will still easily outpace them)

To keep a diversified portfolio where the computer does the work, look into robo-advisors. 12 Best Robo-Advisors of March 2020 - NerdWallet

edit: for sure though have an emergency fund and pay off your high-interest debt (credit cards, etc.) first if you need to.
relevant:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Epic Games and Twitch Prime free games are now up.

Epic:
Gone Home is pretty lame if you don't like walking simulators.

Amazon:
I just played through Etherborn in the past few days as it was part of March's Humble Choice Bundle. It's decent. A puzzle game that takes about two hours to complete. I don't think there's really anything to go back to.

Kathy Rain was a good game I thought. It's a lot like last month's giveaway Whispers of a Machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad