OT 19/3: COVID-19 Isolation Chamber/Panic Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Everything’s closed except hospitals, supermarkets, pharmacies and such in Germany. Number of infected still went up from 10k to 14k in just 24 hours. Maybe they just test more now?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Probably. They're most likely still catching up. Remember these things are kind of on a rolling two week window as it takes up to that long for someone exposed to get sick. I don't know when they closed everything but it should take at least two weeks to start seeing any actual results from it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think the numbers are also a little weird because I don't think they're as active updating recoveries. New York state has 4,000+ cases and 0 listed recoveries on the Johns Hopkins site, etc.

It'd probably help my dang portfolio if they'd give some positives. You don't get COVID and get sick forever.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Pretty wild that they spent all that money on stopping bio-terrorism, but don't have enough ICU beds and ventilators for a pandemic, huh?

Along with reporting recoveries, projecting the number of ICU beds available would be nice. It's being given this fixed line as if no more can ever be produced.

A man-made virus would have unbelievable cognitive dissonance. You have to stay in to flatten the curve, but you have to live your life as usual to not let them win.

Last edited:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Pretty wild that they spent all that money on stopping bio-terrorism, but don't have enough ICU beds and ventilators for a pandemic, huh?

Along with reporting recoveries, projecting the number of ICU beds available would be nice. It's being given this fixed line as if no more can ever be produced.

A man-made virus would have unbelievable cognitive dissonance. You have to stay in to flatten the curve, but you have to live your life as usual to not let them win.

You reminded me of a hypothetical question I had. Maybe it’s not even so hypothetical. Are there people out there intentionally spreading this? My mind went to Islamic terrorists but there are also people like mass shooters. I guess in both of those cases, they are out for attention that they wouldn’t get from secretly spreading the virus. So we’d possibly know if that were (*was?) happening. Maybe psychopaths or sociopaths? I never took Psychology so I’m just guessing.

edit: *wasn't sure whether to use “were” or “was”

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You reminded me of a hypothetical question I had. Maybe it’s not even so hypothetical. Are there people out there intentionally spreading this? My mind went to Islamic terrorists but there are also people like mass shooters. I guess in both of those cases, they are out for attention that they wouldn’t get from secretly spreading the virus. So we’d possibly know if that were (*was?) happening. Maybe psychopaths or sociopaths? I never took Psychology so I’m just guessing.

edit: *wasn't sure whether to use “were” or “was”
As in creating it? The scientific community doesn't think it looks human-engineered.

As in a few people intentionally spreading it, in a vain attempt to have some power over people's lives? Almost certainly. Many boomers aren't canceling their cruises or anything, so a bad actor could take advantage of that, however rare that might be.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think the numbers are also a little weird because I don't think they're as active updating recoveries. New York state has 4,000+ cases and 0 listed recoveries on the Johns Hopkins site, etc.

It'd probably help my dang portfolio if they'd give some positives. You don't get COVID and get sick forever.
4,000+ cases was accurate on Thursday. Hopkins now has NY with 8,500 cases.

I'm picking on them because they have the most reported infections, and some of the earliest cases in the US, but no state has recovery totals, maybe because hospitals boot you out the door the first second they think they can because there're no beds to begin with even on a good day.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is anyone on Earth interested in the full simulated NHL games on NHL 20?

MAYBE if there was a single unified league it'd be fairly interesting, but seeing home team dunk on everybody is hardly worth streaming.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Tomb Raider (2013), Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Drawful 2, and Deiland are all free to keep on Steam right now.
i got those but keep me informed lol

epic games gives a couple away every 10 days :)

next i know a bunch think im nuts hard to follow... so far all ive said is panning out unfortunately just today got some scientific data from 3 hospitals in new orleans on patient who had died at end of december etc.. like dad died on jan 6th all the lies if started in nov why did it take till march on case one in usa etc... blah...

anyway its been around since at least christmas im positive as stated knew that ny was in serious trouble from high ups and people in jobs that would know... anyway GREAT NEWS ::: i knew was this company but fda has approved a new test 45 min avg shipping monday et.. we can ramp up production etc... and now attack this thing very shortly...

imo if you had walking pneumonia or pneumonia in late nov you might have had this thing...if had ards id bet money you had this thing etc... i have had these issues .. i am not letting guard down of course:) we about to kick this things ass but might be a bit since no numbers been true no data been true and this has been around a bit..... but ya imo we on road to recovery already even as numbers rise :) love and prayer stay home away from others.... odds of stanley cup have went back up a bit i think:)

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

All the ICUs I have been in A) have pretty consistent trouble staffing their units on a daily basis, and B) are at 90 percent capacity a large percent of the time. The ability, especially during flu season, to take on large amounts of patients is literally nonexistent. As someone who dealt with daily staffing issues to staff an icu, we are vastly unprepared for this surge.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Italian doctors saw ‘strange pneumonia’ in Lombardy in November

Of course this is some Chinese article so could be a bunch of crap, lol.
i believe that is the true timeline

sometime nov this was hitting in china they lied said was flu no dying etc... we started seeing cases of weird deaths around christmas not finding others so far know was another strain going around in october which was weaker pneumonia walking pneumonia but not that bad not like this... so prob it was out there mutated again and really started spreading.... ive found no one dr.s etc.. saying before nov they had such ards issues is how i base that etc... but i find dr.s saying around christmas in usa peurto rico spain so far say they had issues.... sad prayer to all i want hockey going nutts they are showing our games wins on sunsports in primetime todays game was 4pm vs torotno tomorrow i believe is boston game not sure which one at i believe 9pm but might be 8pm est

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
i believe that is the true timeline

sometime nov this was hitting in china they lied said was flu no dying etc... we started seeing cases of weird deaths around christmas not finding others so far know was another strain going around in october which was weaker pneumonia walking pneumonia but not that bad not like this... so prob it was out there mutated again and really started spreading.... ive found no one dr.s etc.. saying before nov they had such ards issues is how i base that etc... but i find dr.s saying around christmas in usa peurto rico spain so far say they had issues.... sad prayer to all i want hockey going nutts they are showing our games wins on sunsports in primetime todays game was 4pm vs torotno tomorrow i believe is boston game not sure which one at i believe 9pm but might be 8pm est

I would assume ARDS cases spike in winter months due to flu, so the uptick in cases could easily be related it rather than COVID going undetected.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would assume ARDS cases spike in winter months due to flu, so the uptick in cases could easily be related it rather than COVID going undetected.
ya and all the dr's having never seen something that attacked so fast so lethal is just their imagination ok then...

i aint here trying to stir it up.. im here with what i know based on me going into this with open eyes and asking families and others dr nurses etc... what happened what is going on etc...

but the uptick thing was dr.s whistle blowers if want to call them that at this point were seeing huge spikes in cases of ventilators they hadnt seen before last year year before etc...

so believe what want.... ive given up trying to help those who wont go open eyes and come up with own results... its not hard to find out stuff on google is all im saying... but i went further....

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm hardly an investing expert, but since interest rates kept getting cut, savings accounts aren't paying out much (as if they really ever were).

If you've never invested in stocks (nearly half of adults don't own any stocks), now would probably be a good time to start legging in. (put a set amount in each day/week/month/quarter/whatever) So you're buying everything on a deal while the market is down. Even if we're talking like $10 a week, it'd make more long-term in a portfolio than a savings account. (once interest rates go up, things like savings accounts and CDs will begin to have higher returns, although the stock market will still easily outpace them)

To keep a diversified portfolio where the computer does the work, look into robo-advisors. 12 Best Robo-Advisors of March 2020 - NerdWallet

edit: for sure though have an emergency fund and pay off your high-interest debt (credit cards, etc.) first if you need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major4Boarding
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad