OT: COVID-19 general thread (read OP, post #841)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Talk about out of touch, my company sent out a message today saying "We're open for business on Monday, if you're healthy we are looking forward to seeing you in the office tomorrow."

Glad I have to risk my health and the lives of my high risk family members for a company that clearly does not give a shit about me.

I'm in the same boat. My company is prehistoric in terms of technology, we hardly have the capability of working from home as it is. It's ridiculous. We're so far behind the times in our industry it's embarrassing.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
My last post was that NYC closed public schools for a week, and will start remote learning a week from tomorrow.

As someone who works in IT for a school that was prepared for such a scenario, whereas I'm not sure that the NYC BOE is, I shudder for their sanity.

My son's school starts tomorrow. As someone who has taught in one of those video classrooms, your shuddering is well-founded...

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Im gonna teach myself archery during this time so I can shoot deer when I run out of food and so I can also protect myself like darryl from the walking dead when shit really hits the fan

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
From NJ.com...

"While not an order under Murphy’s declaration of a state of emergency, the governor said he is “strongly discouraging non-essential travel.”

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
From NJ.com...

"While not an order under Murphy’s declaration of a state of emergency, the governor said he is “strongly discouraging non-essential travel.”

My work considers my drive here essential travel so I have to come in anyway

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Im gonna teach myself archery during this time so I can shoot deer when I run out of food

I have a chest freezer filled with venison steak, backstrap, hamburger meat, cutlets, etc... Months worth.

I also LOFF at the fact the grocery stores are apparently completely sold out of bread & pasta, but are sitting on plenty of bags of flour. People have become helpless, especially people who were born/raised in cities.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I have a chest freezer filled with venison steak, backstrap, hamburger meat, cutlets, etc... Months worth.

I also LOFF at the fact the grocery stores are apparently completely sold out of bread & pasta, but are sitting on plenty of bags of flour. People have become helpless, especially people who were born/raised in cities.

my brother's wife has said there are no eggs on the store shelves near them……i gave her all i had (about 20) ….and ive already got 5 more from the clucks (i get 5 a day from them)

and ya, about pasta and bread i have a 50 lb bag of flour in the cellar and a ton of homemade jars of tomato sauce, dried and frozen sausages for the bbq and an ample amount of booze…i should be able to ride this thing out

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Haha. I know. I have enough flour, water, salt sugar and yeast to bake several loaves of bread. Enough eggs to make pasta for a while too.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
my brother's wife has said there are no eggs on the store shelves near them……i gave her all i had (about 20) ….and ive already got 5 more from the clucks (i get 5 a day from them)

I've wanted to raise a few chickens for years now. When we move, I'm 100% getting a small backyard coup, 2 to 4 birds.

But so many people out where I live have chickens that even if the grocery stores run out I think we'd be fine. Every few miles you see "eggs" signs; one of the small joys of country living.

Reactions: njdevils1982

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Went over to the Shop Rite in Somerville and I was very impressed. Lots of eggs, meat, and produce on the shelves with no one panicking. Only things that were very depleted were cleaning supplies and pasta.

As far as I know there aren't any actual shortages, just some (hopefully temporary) panic buying. Once people have their cereals and frozen foods, the shelves should be restocked and it should go back to relatively normal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As far as I know there aren't any actual shortages, just some (hopefully temporary) panic buying. Once people have their cereals and frozen foods, the shelves should be restocked and it should go back to relatively normal.

I believe you are right. No actual shortages, just hoarding and panic buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad