COVID-19 Discussion (UPD: NHL Suspended/AHL Cancelled/California Shelter-at-Home)

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Did anyone else in SoCal get an amber alert style notification telling you to stay at home?

We have been getting them for the past 2 days in ontario also. Thankfully they havent come with the screaming loud alarm it normal does.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Yea I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old with autism, it's not going well haha

I have found long walks in the AM help and short walks every hour or so help a bit. We went on super long walks my first two furlough days and they both passed out hard for naps in the afternoon

Reactions: Saskatoon

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Anyone else see that video about the u14 Jr sharks girls team? Did I hear correctly that their goalie lives in Kansas city?

Reactions: LadyStanley

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks exec explains why they played 3 games after the...

Paywall.

Sharks couldn't unilaterally cancel games when recommended to do so. They required league approval/direction and/or a requirement, not recommendation. They did increase cleaning and request folks to stay home if not healthy.

Plattner wants to ensure employees are fully paid/covered. LOSSES ARE NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE. There will be a big loss this year (regardless of making playoffs) because of the season delay. STH renewal deadline has been pushed out from 3/31; folks will get three weeks' notice before losing their seat to someone else.

And a few other notes.

Last edited:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Sharks exec explains why they played 3 games after the...

Paywall.

Sharks couldn't unilaterally cancel games when recommended to do so. They required league approval/direction and/or a requirement, not recommendation. They did increase cleaning and request folks to stay home if not healthy.

Plattner wants to ensure employees are fully paid/covered. LOSSES ARE NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE. There will be a big loss this year (regardless of making playoffs) because of the season delay. STH renewal deadline has been pushed out from 3/31; folks will get three weeks' notice before losing their seat to someone else.

And a few other notes.

I am not at all familiar with the truth of the matter, but the obloquies in the comments section make me suspicious of the official narrative.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Well, happy San Jose Day and 49ers Day to you too.

Man, I'm just chilling as an introvert (aside from the lack of beer things to do), but this doesn't look great for society at large. Can we fast forward to whenever we at least get mass-produced reliable antibody tests?
Right?! Getting tired of some of my co-workers saying they already had it without actually knowing. Speculating out their asses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad