COVID-19 Discussion (UPD: NHL Suspended/AHL Cancelled/California Shelter-at-Home)

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
a38d91f9d952bf89244d178a22b57e9305677ffc15bf7103e61c8ae6e734bf38.jpg

Well, happy San Jose Day and 49ers Day to you too.

Man, I'm just chilling as an introvert (aside from the lack of beer things to do), but this doesn't look great for society at large. Can we fast forward to whenever we at least get mass-produced reliable antibody tests?

How are things going over there? Imagine pharm is still as busy as ever.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
How are things going over there? Imagine pharm is still as busy as ever.

It's not bad. Prescriptions are about the same. Selling lots and lots of isopropyl alcohol and gloves, at least when we get them in. Ran out of masks a long time ago, as well as hand sanitizer

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I haven't enjoyed staying at home and doing nothing as much as I thought I would.

I have been productive. 12+ bracelets, some necklaces; just finished a bookmark (facebook.com/gjberg for images). 15+ books read (will be hard to run out of books as I have a few hundred on my tablet, as ebooks). Catching up on stuff on DVR; haven't watched a lot of the movies I have saved, but stuff from HGTV, Science, PBS channels, plus Doctor Who.

But my cats cannot recreate the fun of interacting with people. There are times I just want to go back to bed and pull up the covers.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I'm probably gaining weight now. I've been feeling carb guilty about getting the free egg mcmuffin + coffee from McDonalds nearly every morning, so the last 2 times, I asked for it without the mcmuffin. :laugh:

I'd be in real trouble if I had the time to go to Krispy Kremes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've found that all the quarantine and stay-home stuff hasn't really bothered me as much as I thought it might. The only thing that's been frustrating is that I had big plans to do a bunch of silly personal stuff and pet projects that I figured I'd finally find time for (dumb things like make a dent in my video game backlog. I have games that are like 10 years old that I've never finished), and I've done far less of that than I expected.

But I'm also not getting cabin fever or anything, so that's a plus. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. The one thing I know about myself is that in spite of not always liking change, I'm nothing if not adaptable.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I've found that all the quarantine and stay-home stuff hasn't really bothered me as much as I thought it might. The only thing that's been frustrating is that I had big plans to do a bunch of silly personal stuff and pet projects that I figured I'd finally find time for (dumb things like make a dent in my video game backlog. I have games that are like 10 years old that I've never finished), and I've done far less of that than I expected.

But I'm also not getting cabin fever or anything, so that's a plus. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. The one thing I know about myself is that in spite of not always liking change, I'm nothing if not adaptable.

I'm finding I don't miss Sports as much as I thought I would. I thought I would be craving Hockey or Baseball by now but I haven't been. Maybe because I decided to dive into the Stargate Franchise so that's been my TV watching lately or just I don't want to see a bunch of millionaires play games while a lot of other people are dying or just out of work. I'm sure I will come back when Sports comes back, but It's been nice not feeling overwhelmed with hockey, baseball, and any other sports happening all at once.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I'm losing weight because I go on so many walks now with the kids. Thankfully work is ok with me taking them out every hour or so as long as I get my stuff done

Reactions: themelkman

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I broke my foot in early feb and have been house-ridden since then. I also got a new job that can be done remotely at the same time, so staying at home and working has been my reality, Covid or not.

I think my weight has stayed the same, but definitely have lost all muscle and an equal weight back in fat. Walking is a pain and its too hot to be outside (95++ with 85+% humidity), so i've given up on trying to remain in shape.

Trying to learn guitar in between playing Animal Crossing and working. I've been playing bass for years so guitar is somewhat familiar, but I still stink and need basic exercises to improve dexterity. Any guitar players have some recommended exercises for beginners?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->