COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I was in contact with someone who turned out to have Covid and my insurance company won’t refer to me to get a test because “it’s too busy..too many people want tests...just quarantine yourself.” The city offers free tests but I can’t get one for two weeks! People, this is why we’re failing to control this thing...

"Oh, and thank you for the premium . . . "

The Supreme Court's decision in State Farm several years back limiting punitive damages as a matter of constitutional law was not one of their finest moments, IMO.

Last edited:

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I was in contact with someone who turned out to have Covid and my insurance company won’t refer to me to get a test because “it’s too busy..too many people want tests...just quarantine yourself.” The city offers free tests but I can’t get one for two weeks! People, this is why we’re failing to control this thing...
That is so COMPLETELY ridiculous. Do you have a local $120.00 test option? That is my option if my insurance won't cover the test, but I have to drive an hour to get it done, and results take days. Doesn't it seem like we're actually trying to f*** this whole thing up?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That is so COMPLETELY ridiculous. Do you have a local $120.00 test option? That is my option if my insurance won't cover the test, but I have to drive an hour to get it done, and results take days. Doesn't it seem like we're actually trying to f*** this whole thing up?

Yeah, I might be able to pay for a test from a private lab but this is SF...it’s going to cost way more than $120...lol

Last edited:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
they will keep moving onto the next thing that people do to not waste their entire life

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How do they keep screwing up the simple reporting of cases?

Texas wrongly attributed hundreds of deaths to C-19 that had nothing to do with the virus.

Reactions: KIRK

Fordy

May 28, 2008
maybe it's not all an accident, that all the states that get the most media focus at the time eventually have this come out

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How do they keep screwing up the simple reporting of cases?

Texas wrongly attributed hundreds of deaths to C-19 that had nothing to do with the virus.

There have been cases in other states (I remember linking a report a few weeks ago where in Florida they classified a motorcycle accident death, among other non COVID-19 things, all as COVID-19 deaths).

maybe it's not all an accident, that all the states that get the most media focus at the time eventually have this come out

Accidental or not, it certainly is interesting how these errors all seem to make certain states look worse.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Hey Andy, I don't know anything about the linked companies, but it seems like there are some at home test kit options, some of which reference out of pocket prices in the $100-$150 range if you want to end around the insurance company.

https://www.singlecare.com/blog/news/at-home-coronavirus-tests/

(I clicked the Everywell link, and they claim to have their test available, but I didn't go to the end)

BTW, anyone having similar issues, where insurance is being a pain in the ass or you don't want to wait at a public place, it may be worth checking these links out . . . it's $100-$150, which sucks to have to layout, but if you're genuinely and more immediately worried, it's an option.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hey Andy, I don't know anything about the linked companies, but it seems like there are some at home test kit options, some of which reference out of pocket prices in the $100-$150 range if you want to end around the insurance company.

https://www.singlecare.com/blog/news/at-home-coronavirus-tests/

(I clicked the Everywell link, and they claim to have their test available, but I didn't go to the end)

BTW, anyone having similar issues, where insurance is being a pain in the ass or you don't want to wait at a public place, it may be worth checking these links out . . . it's $100-$150, which sucks to have to layout, but if you're genuinely and more immediately worried, it's an option.

Thanks! I’ll check out

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and KIRK

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Why do people think that just because it’s there that means it’s safe? Don’t put your health in the hands of an entity whose goal is to turn as much of a profit as possible and nothing else.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Just work out at home.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but earlier we had people saying that going to the gym was paramount for their mental health so maybe things like gyms and churches should be reopened.

Can't say I'm surprised that people are flouting social distancing to go lift, just getting more and more numb to the casual disregard of fellow human's health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad