COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Goddamn, students are disease vectors in any normal year, but this year is insane. We've seen a massive spike in cases here since they reopened schools, so now we have to shut all the schools down again for at least two weeks and move everything online, and hopefully this will buy us time again.

What I'm saying is that kids are filthy little imps until they turn 25, and then they're just old grouchy f***heads.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have been saying this for some time now. This pandemic will result in many permanent changes. Working from home the new norm for one. As a result less desire to pay a fortune to live in cities. And on and on.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If we are forced to teach online again after the pandemic passes, I will personally defenestrate every administrator into dung piles until a sniper takes me out or I run out of administrators. Whichever comes first.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Goddamn, students are disease vectors in any normal year, but this year is insane. We've seen a massive spike in cases here since they reopened schools, so now we have to shut all the schools down again for at least two weeks and move everything online, and hopefully this will buy us time again.

What I'm saying is that kids are filthy little imps until they turn 25, and then they're just old grouchy f***heads.
Accurate.

My doom and gloom for the day: The only two things that have ever worked to eliminate infectious disease are cordon sanitaire and herd immunity. We can get herd immunity by waiting for a vaccine or with human sacrifice of our elderly and infirm. Cordon sanitaire means draconian lockdown on a block by block basis in any community with even one case.

Western nations are largely ineffective at choosing between two bad options. As a result we will kill our elderly and infirm, wreck the economy, and pretend both outcomes were inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille