COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just feel so much better eating the way that I have. Lots of fresh fish, veggies, fruit, artisan round loafs from bread works. And if I do say so myself, I am better than a lot of the restaurants that I used to go to in preparing all of them.

I had a few family by the other night and bought a 3.5 pound salmon. Half I poached, half I made on my all clad stove length grill along with brussel sprouts and then baked small potatoes in olive oil in the stove. Large Salad Nicoise. I began with a cold strawberry soup.

That is how I eat most nights.

I am eating better than I ever did out, and losing weight.

Nice. I don't eat meat or fish or really many animal products aside from cheese so I cook at home a lot regardless.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday revised controversial guidance that previously stated people without COVID-19 symptoms don’t necessarily need to be tested.

In updated guidance, the agency said: “If you have been in close contact, such as within 6 feet of a person with documented SARS-CoV-2 infection for at least 15 minutes and don't have symptoms you need a test."

“Please consult with your healthcare provider or public health official. Testing is recommended for all close contacts of persons with SARS-CoV-2 infection,” the CDC added.

Last edited:

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I just feel so much better eating the way that I have. Lots of fresh fish, veggies, fruit, artisan round loafs from bread works. And if I do say so myself, I am better than a lot of the restaurants that I used to go to in preparing all of them.

I had a few family by the other night and bought a 3.5 pound salmon. Half I poached, half I made on my all clad stove length grill along with brussel sprouts and then baked small potatoes in olive oil in the stove. Large Salad Nicoise. I began with a cold strawberry soup.

Smart man, and excellent choice of cookware! All-clad, the pride of Canonsburg, makes damn fine stainless pots and pans. That, and a well-maintained chef's knife from either Germany or Japan is all one needs!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Smart man, and excellent choice of cookware! All-clad, the pride of Canonsburg, makes damn fine stainless pots and pans. That, and a well-maintained chef's knife from either Germany or Japan is all one needs!

They had a huge annual sale and got this:

All-Clad NS1 Nonstick Double-Burner Grill

With a Panini Press

And this:

All-Clad NS1 Nonstick Induction Steamer Set, 6-Qt.

For about $50 each.

Best things that I ever bought. So useful, and gives you amazing results.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
They had a huge annual sale and got this:

All-Clad NS1 Nonstick Double-Burner Grill

With a Panini Press

And this:

All-Clad NS1 Nonstick Induction Steamer Set, 6-Qt.

For about $50 each.

Best things that I ever bought. So useful, and gives you amazing results.
I have the same All-Clad double burner grill without the vertical slats. Very versatile. My sons have cooked a million pancakes on that thing. It has taken me about 20 years, but my kitchen cookware is 95% All-Clad, the exceptions of course being Griswold cast iron skillets (Erie, PA) . That gear, plus my knives, are definitely investments I've never regretted.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have the same All-Clad double burner grill without the vertical slats. Very versatile. My sons have cooked a million pancakes on that thing. It has taken me about 20 years, but my kitchen cookware is 95% All-Clad, the exceptions of course being Griswold cast iron skillets (Erie, PA) . That gear, plus my knives, are definitely investments I've never regretted.

My pots are almost entirely https://www.lecreuset.com/

Reactions: NMK11

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would rather buy a nice pair of shoes....

@Honour Over Glory

pimp-02-bnfur__65748.jpeg

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

I have been a vegetarian for decades but a couple years ago I started to actually eat healthfully (believe me that you can eat a vegetarian diet and still eat a ton of crap). I stopped eating processed crap and started to eat more whole foods. I have dropped down to around 165 pounds (I am 6') with almost no fat and have way more energy than I used to. Start of this year I moved to a vegan diet. I eat a ton of quinoa, bulgur wheat, almond butter, nuts, beans, fruit, and veggies. I do still break my veganism for ice cream after I get a migraine but otherwise haven't found it to be all that hard. Anyway, I am now a firm believer that what you eat has a lot to do with how you feel. I can't imagine going back to eating processed crap. After an adjustment period I find that I now enjoy what I eat even more than when I ate crap. I also am incredibly uh...regular. Lol.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I have been a vegetarian for decades but a couple years ago I started to actually eat healthfully (believe me that you can eat a vegetarian diet and still eat a ton of crap). I stopped eating processed crap and started to eat more whole foods. I have dropped down to around 165 pounds (I am 6') with almost no fat and have way more energy than I used to. Start of this year I moved to a vegan diet. I eat a ton of quinoa, bulgur wheat, almond butter, nuts, beans, fruit, and veggies. I do still break my veganism for ice cream after I get a migraine but otherwise haven't found it to be all that hard. Anyway, I am now a firm believer that what you eat has a lot to do with how you feel. I can't imagine going back to eating processed crap. After an adjustment period I find that I now enjoy what I eat even more than when I ate crap. I also am incredibly uh...regular. Lol.

good on you...I eat mostly vegetarian too but eat eggs, cheese, yogurt and occasionally salmon...I have tried vegan too many times to count and I really can’t do it for more than 5 days...I lost a lot of weight when the pandemic started just by cutting out a lot of added sugar...I don’t eat desserts anymore and really only have a sweet treat once a week...I feel a lot better like you...

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
good on you...I eat mostly vegetarian too but eat eggs, cheese, yogurt and occasionally salmon...I have tried vegan too many times to count and I really can’t do it for more than 5 days...I lost a lot of weight when the pandemic started just by cutting out a lot of added sugar...I don’t eat desserts anymore and really only have a sweet treat once a week...I feel a lot better like you...
I'm not going to be crazy about having a vegan diet. I plan to still occasionally indulge in certain things (pizza, Indian curry with ghee, ice cream) but I really have not missed dairy as much as I expected to. But even going partially vegan has health and environmental benefits. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce