Injury Report: Couturier out approx. four weeks, LBI (Feb. 5); Nick Cousins recalled

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'd lay my head on the railroad tracks
And wait for the Double "E"
But the railroad don't run no more
Poor, poor pitiful me

Poor, poor pitiful me
Poor, poor pitiful me
These injuries won't let Couts be
Lord have mercy on me
Woe is me

You said you were a 2C
Yes I believe you are
Aye-aye-I thought you'd be star
So I drank up all the money
Yes, I drank up all the money
With these phonies in this HFBoards thread
Tthese friends of mine in the HFBoards thread
Couts-less-ness and frustration
Flyers came down with an acute case
When the lights came up at two
I caught a glimpse of you
And your lower body looked like somethin' Death brought with 'em in his injury report
Your pretty lower body
Looks so wasted
Another Flyers season
Devastated

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
How depressing would it be if Umberger comes back now. :laugh:

We finally get rid of him and now this.

Todays philly.com article on him

"It's tough to take a guy like R.J. out. He's a great pro and he's been a good leader for us," Hakstol said. "We thought we wanted to change things up in the short-term here. It's a tough move, yet it's a move he's really handled well. He's putting his work in, and he'll be ready to go when he does go back in."

Not playing Umberger really seems to be eating at Hak. The Cousins recall is Hex pretty much telling Hak to play Cousins over him haha

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
giphy.gif

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
So then...

V-G-Simmer
Raffl-Laughton-Schenn
Gagner-Cousins-Read
-Hak line-

You know what, it at least looks better than it would if Umbo was in it. I miss Coots already. :(

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
....and I was taking someone to a Flyers game to get them into hockey.... Now I have to explain why we're losing but you should still totally like the team.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Best guess was a groin injury that wasn't healed and he re aggravated and now just shutting him down to make sure he heals.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So then...

V-G-Simmer
Raffl-Laughton-Schenn
Gagner-Cousins-Read
-Hak line-

You know what, it at least looks better than it would if Umbo was in it. I miss Coots already. :(

Last time Cousins was up Laughton played on his LW, so a lineup like this wouldn't surprise me.

V-G-Simmer
Read-Raffl-Schenn
VdV-PEB-White
Laughton-Cousins-Gagner

We shouldn't kid ourselves that the Hak line will suddenly start getting 4th line minutes. They sure didn't last night.

2/4/16 ES TOI
Raffl 8:41
Read 9:27
Gagner 9:39
Laughton 10:04
PEB 10:14
VdV 11:36
White 12:18

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
This sucks.

But from a completely self-serving POV, he should be back in time for the game against the Caps at the end of March I've got tickets to.

Of course with the aforementioned and well known record of the Flyers with and without Couturier in the lineup, will the Flyers still be playing for anything at that time other than draft positioning?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This sucks.

But from a completely self-serving POV, he should be back in time for the game against the Caps at the end of March I've got tickets to.

I already canceled my plans to go to the Arizona game on the 27th. :(

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Yeah, time to waive Weal.

This is puzzling, if he has no chance of playing for Flyers, send him down and take the chance so he can go help the Phantoms.

Teams do this though other than us, Paul Postma for the Jets who is actually decent has played like 4 games in the last calendar year. To the point the sent him down for a 14 day conditioning stint.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
WHAT. Here goes the playoffs. No just kidding, still, let's go Flyers! It would be incredible if we manage to make the playoffs without Couturier. But this absolutely sucks...

Looks like big opportunity for Laughton. (?)

No chance Hak give Laughton a longer leash. Though I want it to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad