Post-Game Talk (GBU): Couldn't Quite CAP-italize

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
disappointing not to get the 2. Atleast it was a SO loss. Dahlin is about to go off now. Tonight was his breakout offensively. 17 in 34. I think he can get closer to 50 then 40.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Good
Eichel
Dahlin
Reinhart aside from the empty net miss

Bad
Tennyson
Bealiue's injury forcing us to see more Tennyson

Ugly
Housley. Didn't think I could see someone dumber than him. I'm not even sure CTE could explain his lunacy tonight. No Skinner in OT? That is a tank move there
Reinhart missing the empty net: Bear down!

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
B: The Sheary - Mitts - Okposo line has one guy that can protect the puck without getting knocked over.

U: Three keys to the game should be:
1. Keep Tennyson away from the puck
2. Keep Tennyson away from the game
3. Keep Tennyson away from the Sabres

Reactions: sabremike

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They were Tennyson being anyone else in the world or Reinhart hitting the broad side of a f***ing barn from two tonight.

Makes it hard to feel good about earning the one.

Reactions: schpaff and Kyndig

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Whats the Sabres record when Eichel scores 2+ goals? Seems like they always lose.

Edit: Looked it up. 11 - 4 - 3. Though 1 - 1 - 2 this season.

Also can't believe Eichel has 17 2 goal games and only one hat trick.

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Man I hate our fanbase.

But I guess since E.Kane is gone, and the only opportunity to use ROR as whipping boy was retroactively, Reinhart must be the new whipping boy by default. Guy creates multiple plays offensively and defensively, misses a wide open net, things we have seen others do, and they are putting him in bad.

Y’all need to get your heads checked

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Sam is a good player, but man he needs to make those clutch plays. Game on your stick and you put it completely across the net off the post? Bare down.

For all the hype Toronto gets, I’d be way more scared of Tampa and Washington in a series. They have potent offensive players.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Man I hate our fanbase.

But I guess since E.Kane is gone, and the only opportunity to use ROR as whipping boy was retroactively, Reinhart must be the new whipping boy by default. Guy creates multiple plays offensively and defensively, misses a wide open net, things we have seen others do, and they are putting him in bad.

I don’t know if he’s your friend or if you’re related to him or what...but when you f*** up and it leads to a goal against and then miss an open net to win it it’s ok to be critical of the player that does those things.

He did those things tonight

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good:

Jack was special on that goal. He was dangerous all night.
I enjoyed Risto's confrontation with the Caps again.
Hutton dialed in as the game went along.
The PKing. Again.

Bad:

Losing Beaulieu didn't help.
Mitts at even strength.
Piling on Sam in a game where he helps the team score two goals. It's not like he is part of the middle six that just gets nothing done.
Hello middle six. You suck.

Ugly:

Tennyson. Can we shoot him into someone else's sun?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Casey Mittelstadt as the number 2C is the biggest hole in this roster by a country mile. Might have to go the Edmonton route and play Jack 26 a night.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Casey Mittelstadt as the number 2C is the biggest hole in this roster by a country mile. Might have to go the Edmonton route and play Jack 26 a night.

They could have him as the #2, but they way overestimated his ability to handle this role. Granted, even Botts didn't mention him as a rookie in the 2-in-the-box podcast, so who knows...

Reactions: debaser66

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Good:

Jack was special on that goal. He was dangerous all night.
I enjoyed Risto's confrontation with the Caps again.
Hutton dialed in as the game went along.
The PKing. Again.

Bad:

Losing Beaulieu didn't help.
Mitts at even strength.
Piling on Sam in a game where he helps the team score two goals. It's not like he is part of the middle six that just gets nothing done.
Hello middle six. You suck.

Ugly:

Tennyson. Can we shoot him into someone else's sun?

Did you ever think you would ever be saying losing Nate would hurt?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
f***in' Reinhart, man. I'm a fan of the kid, but boy, does he miss empty net tap-ins more than anyone I've seen.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Man I hate our fanbase.

Yeah, that's it. I think it's more like the rest of us didn't realize we weren't allowed to say it's bad when a player misses a wide open net from 6 feet away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad