Post-Game Talk (GBU): Couldn't Quite CAP-italize

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Good:
- Hanging with the Caps even though Beaulieu, McCabe, Nelson, and Pilut were out. Also Scandella’s first game back from an injury.
- Most things

Bad:
- Tennyson give away for Ovechkin goal was brutal.
- Hutton’s brain fart on the first one
- Reinhart missing a wide open net for a GWG

Felt more like we gave this one away due to mistakes, than the Caps won.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Man I hate our fanbase.

But I guess since E.Kane is gone, and the only opportunity to use ROR as whipping boy was retroactively, Reinhart must be the new whipping boy by default. Guy creates multiple plays offensively and defensively, misses a wide open net, things we have seen others do, and they are putting him in bad.

Y’all need to get your heads checked
You’d think he was terrible by the way some people are talking. He had a multi point game and a pt in 8 straight

Reactions: Dingo44

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Was a good game. I enjoyed watching it.

Middle 6 needs to suck less. I expect a lack of production from guys like Sobotka and Pominville (outside of the 1st line anyways)... but Mittelstadt, Sheary, Thompson, Okposo need to figure things out. Team will never take the next step if they are relying on the awesomeness that is our top line and/or goaltending most nights.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Good:

Jack was special on that goal. He was dangerous all night.
I enjoyed Risto's confrontation with the Caps again.
Hutton dialed in as the game went along.
The PKing. Again.

Bad:

Losing Beaulieu didn't help.
Mitts at even strength.
Piling on Sam in a game where he helps the team score two goals. It's not like he is part of the middle six that just gets nothing done.
Hello middle six. You suck.

Ugly:

Tennyson. Can we shoot him into someone else's sun?

Gets nothing done? I don't even care if they score anymore, I just don't want them to get freight-trained every time they step onto the ice.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Amerks won in OT. Their secret was getting goals from Guhle and Smith instead of playing Tennyson and Sobotka. Why didn’t we think of that?

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Gets nothing done? I don't even care if they score anymore, I just don't want them to get freight-trained every time they step onto the ice.

Yeah, just get something done helpful. Time to shuffle that unit up if they can -- finding the $$ will be the interesting part.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I like that they came out a played a solid road game against the defending champs... whatever the Berglund thing is, I feel teams from years past would’ve turned into a shell if that happened to them. This team is much more mature and carries themselves like it.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Just got back from the game.
Notes from the field:
Jack in person is f***ing amazing. He is such a force when he’s out on the ice.
Hutton was solid, except for that first goal. That sucked.
You can’t give Ovie the puck wide open like that. Tennyson, I’m looking at you.
Kuznetsov is deadly.
I love watching Dahlin playing. He’s f***ing 18!
Capital One arena was bouncing, but there were a ton of Sabres fans with “let’s go Buffalo!” all night.
Sam hitting iron and missing what would have been the GWG. Lots of posts tonight.
Both teams had some serious brain fart giveaways.
Pominville in the shootout? Why?

It was a great game to watch in person.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
This should of been a win, that Reinhart missed goal (deflected by vrana) robbed jack who played one of his best games in a while of his third point (he hit the post a few mins before too) and us of a possible regulation win on the road against the champs.

Hopefully the boys remember this and do it in 6 days when they come back there.

But wait...did housley really not out skinner out there for four round of the shootout and put in old man Pominville and not say 22 goal skinner?

Eesh.

He looked slow and his attempt to lose us the game was weak.

At least mittlestadt is coming around (it seems), sheary was noticeable was a good sign (maybe because he was a pen and hates the caps) and Hutton is forgivable cause he made big saves and eh if it’s ovechkin it’s ovechkin i won’t blame him for that.

Glad we got the point.

I think we have just 5 regulation losses in our last 26 games?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Reinhart missing the net was just karma or puck-luck or whatever you want to call it. That sh*t happens. The Sabres were dominated tonight in unspeakable ways and the fact that they got a point is just because lately Eichel has been scoring two goals per game like it's normal (shooting percentage regressing back to the mean or w/e...it's fun).

Anyway, there's no point in a "G/B/U" tonight because...Marco Scandella...16.67% CF in 19:52 of 5v5 ice time (5 on 5! 20 minutes at 5 on 5! 16.67%...!!!). What. The. Absolute. f***.

The only reasonable assumption here is that Scandella is actually dead and his corpse is being puppeted around the ice like Bernie Lomax.

Reactions: Fearnot

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Also, not sure if it's worth pointing out, but, in terms of CF%, the Sabres *best* period was the first. It was much, much worse after that.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->