Could Vegas be the beneficiary of favorable officiating?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Tbh I think its obvious that they get favorable treatment. Also the league probably allows them to use PEDs..theres no way career mediocre players widely throughout their team are playing so above their heads.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to go with "NHL officiating is awful" as the main issue. Although it's so shitty and inconsistent, that a ref could almost get away with anything in a game and we'd all just shrug and say "lol classic NHL officiating!"

Reactions: saffronleaf

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
In your example video, only the last 2 were missed penalties. (the high stick and the skate sweep trip from behind) Couture actually should have gotten a penalty on the clip involving him.

You honestly believe that the second clip that Ward gets put into the boards and crunched isn't a penalty? That should've been five and a game for that because it caused an injury.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Lol at no powerplays for the Ducks tonight, despite all the interference being committed by the Knights. Ducks still won.

Reactions: Phu

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Well we got the win so not that it made much difference. But there is now no doubt in my mind Vegas has the refs on their side.
Referee union needs to be sued imo. They’re bias/incompetency costs cities lost revenue especially in the playoffs. Hopefully they do not do the Knights any favours this post season..

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Hey California teams how does it feel to be on the other end of Favorable reffing too bad Bettman has a new pet

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hey California teams how does it feel to be on the other end of Favorable reffing too bad Bettman has a new pet

i wonder how long oilers fans are going to continue to be bitter over the fact that their team lost in last year's playoffs

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
i wonder how long oilers fans are going to continue to be bitter over the fact that their team lost in last year's playoffs
Has nothing to do with last year playoffs has to do with many regular season games over last few seasons against the Kings Ducks Sharks and even the Coyotes where the refs turned their heads on blatant calls then 20 seconds later raise their hand on a cheesy soft call against us . We figured it out though need to keep those teams in the race to keep attendance up and profits rolling in . Vegas paid a half a billion for a franchise wink wink Refs get their new fans excited about their team don't make them suffer .

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
I think officiating as a whole is bad. I often look at GDT threads of teams going against mine. They usually have the same amount of posts complaining about officiating
Think that's more an indictment of fans in general.

Reactions: zeke

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm reluctant to believe that there's a conspiracy out there. I think the officiating has just become the worst its ever been. Awful and incompetent and arbitrary.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I think it has more to do with their team rolling over and giving up 3 goals with only minutes left. Hahha
Naw that was idiot coach Tmac putting out his scrubs with 3 min left and a open net against the Ducks best players instead of just sending out Draisaitl and McDavid to end to ice it he has slow plug letestu his pet to save they day boom 3-1 momentum Building dumb ass coach does not call time out keeps his scrubs out boom 3-2 momentum really swinging now , oops better put out my scorers now but not call a time out to late boom tie game . ALL coaching regardless of goalie interference or not.

No different how Tmac the dumb ass coach lets Ducks start their top line and Getzlaf who was beasting all game in Ot in our barn because he is such a gentleman while the Hart winner sits on the bench helpless watching Getzlaf dominate Nuge and set up winner 30 seconds in. Ducks deserved that series because TMAC is by far the worst in game coach in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad