Could the NHLPA allow players to use marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
During the offseason, I'm sure they will. Unless they required it for medication I doubt they would during the season. Nhl is more than a full time job, I would hesitate to believe the majority of players are going and getting smashed every day. I'm sure it happens sometimes though.

Most workplaces don't let you come to work stoned or drunk, so the NHL won't be different in that aspect.

Reactions: BM14

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good for almost everything with little in the way of harmful side effects compared to a lot of pain medication. Not sure if the PA could actually encourage the use of what's still an illicit drug in most of the US.

Reactions: Phu and Cane mutiny

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, if I had to choose between an absolute 100% ban on alcohol vs an absolute 100% ban on marijuana I'd ban alcohol for sure.

Honestly, I have no clue why alcohol and tobacco are even considered "fine" in society.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I think they should be able to. They are athletes so they could get medical cards if needed by the team doctor. It is great for general soreness that comes with playing over 82 games. It would allow them to get better rest and actually relax away from the rink.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Well, if I had to choose between an absolute 100% ban on alcohol vs an absolute 100% ban on marijuana I'd ban alcohol for sure.

Honestly, I have no clue why alcohol and tobacco are even considered "fine" in society.
giphy.gif

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

Don't worry.. Once the entire government gets lobbying money and national tax from weed, any negative stigma will dissapear.

It's bad because Uncle Sam isn't collecting right now on a national level.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Marijuana is a depressant just like alcohol and opiates. It is less harmful, but there are many ill effects that would negatively affect players performance if they indulged. I know, Michael Phelps hits the bong, but seriously, CBD topical ointments and tonics with no psychoactive properties are probably equally as effective in treating pain, if not more effective.

Can't imagine GM's and Coaches would embrace their players getting stoned.

Reactions: billybudd

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
An ex-client of mine used medical weed to help with MS. Helped her a great deal without the getting stoned part. Obviously this is different from the good shit we would use so I don't see why not, certainly less risky than anything pushed by the drug companies

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Cannabis oil would be the way to go for pain management. It doesn’t have most of the negative side effects associated with smoking, which in itself can’t be good for atheletes.

I am currently trying to get onto a trial of it for my MS. I’ll let you know how effective it is :naughty:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Cannabis oil would be the way to go for pain management. It doesn’t have most of the negative side effects associated with smoking, which in itself can’t be good for atheletes.

I am currently trying to get onto a trial of it for my MS. I’ll let you know how effective it is :naughty:

CBD. It should help. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, the good news is that they have made many strides not only toward treatment but also toward a cure. Hang in there. Stay strong. That stuff should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad