Could Habs be interested in Yakupov?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
You make it sound like these "problems" are just trivial aftertoughts.

They are genuine concern that any team should take into considerations, and wonder if they would be capable of making that change.

Now, I believe if any team has more chance of redeeming him, it's the Habs. Galchenyuk has already established a strong relationship with him, and might be willing to instill in him the desire to aspire to greater things. Plus.. come on. Our leadership core is much more superior than the Oiler's, which is nothing but an agglomeration of leaderless skilled players.

I'm calling them "problems" because, to me, he wouldn't have them if he were pretty much anywhere else but Edmonton. It's a pretty horrid spot for him to be in, it's never been a good fit. The issues aren't with his work ethic or drive, the issues he has are with his playing style and his attitude towards his coach.... both things I think we could change or avoid in MTL. This is pretty well the perfect spot for him and his development.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
hahaha no he wont yakupov and galchenyuk would both be over a ppg together. look what galchenyuk can do with gallagher imagine yakupiv instead.

ANotehr hypothetical scenario, Yakupov's attitude rub off on Galchenyuk and both are 40 points/season kind of guy.

You knwo I can throw hypothetical scenario like this all day.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
Hell no as a Habs fan. Although he's young and mega talented, he still hasnt proven himself.
Beaulieu and a 1st is as high as I would go. Gally is cheap and very productive

Beaulieu will evnetually repalce Markov in the line up. I wouldn't trade him for Yakupov.

The EGG Line

Mar 23, 2013
Montreal
Not sure Bergevin would trade for him honesty, especially because of Yakupov's statement just because of how much he preaches character.

PricePkPatch*

We can replace GIonta with Collberg which is incredible.

Nop. Collberg is nowhere Gionta's level at the moment. Maybe he's going to be an effective 3rd liner in 1 or 2 years, hitting his prime on the top-6 in 4.

Yakupov? With the right discipline, he could easily reach our top-6 in 2 years.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
I'm calling them "problems" because, to me, he wouldn't have them if he were pretty much anywhere else but Edmonton. It's a pretty horrid spot for him to be in, it's never been a good fit. The issues aren't with his work ethic or drive, the issues he has are with his playing style and his attitude towards his coach.... both things I think we could change or avoid in MTL. This is pretty well the perfect spot for him and his development.

His work ethic is exactly the problem. The dude doesn't want to play defense despite the fact that his team cannot win even when they average 5 goals per game.

PricePkPatch*

Not sure Bergevin would trade for him honesty, especially because of Yakupov's statement just because of how much he preaches character.

Well.. there are character movers, and there are those who are carried by the flow. The point of targeting "character" players is to create a strong team where everyone feels involved and part of the whole. you don't need 24 character players for that; it's a matter of reaching critical mass and then the spirit becomes its own thing.

With luck, Yakupov could be one of those players carried by this team spirit created by the character players.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
Nop. Collberg is nowhere Gionta's level at the moment. Maybe he's going to be an effective 3rd liner in 1 or 2 years, hitting his prime on the top-6 in 4.

Yakupov? With the right discipline, he could easily reach our top-6 in 2 years.

I replied about replacing Gionta in 2 years. Not now. Follow the topic at hand at least.

In your hypothetical scenario Collberg doiesn't reach top 6 before 4 years. But I could point out an hypothetical scenario where he clicks with Bourque and Plekanec and goes on to have 50 poitns in his rookie season too.

IN anotehr hypothetical scenario, Yakupov doesn't care about your "right discipline" and flees back to pursue a KHL career. GG in trading assets for a guy who ended up leaving.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I replied about replacing Gionta in 2 years. Not now. Follow the topic at hand at least.

In your hypothetical scenario Collberg doiesn't reach top 6 before 4 years. But I could point out an hypothetical scenario where he clicks with Bourque and Plekanec and goes on to have 50 poitns in his rookie season too.

IN anotehr hypothetical scenario, Yakupov doesn't care about your "right discipline" and flees back to pursue a KHL career. GG in trading assets for a guy who ended up leaving.

all hes saying is that yakupov is insanely talent, wtf are you talking about?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I have never said Yakupov is not talented. wtf arey ou talking about?

dunno dude you keep coming up with these random hypothetical scenarios out of the blue, honestly i just have no idea what your talking about 8D

samsquanch9*

lol at comparing collberg to yakupov was top 30 in goals last year and collberg couldnt even keep up in a preseason game or get over 10 pts in a european league in his 2nd or 3rd year

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'm not the one who started throwing hypothetical scenario around, but I sure replied in kind.

which hypothetical scenario are you talking about, that galchenyuk would produce more w/ yakupov than he would w/ gallagher? thats not very far-fetched..

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
lol at comparing collberg to yakupov was top 30 in goals last year and collberg couldnt even keep up in a preseason game or get over 10 pts in a european league in his 2nd or 3rd year

Who compared Collberg and Yakupov here?

PricePkPatch*

all hes saying is that yakupov is insanely talent, wtf are you talking about?

But lacking discipline. Which may be acquired if he's willing to work hard for it.

We could have one of the best 1st line in the Atlantic division if Yakupov can learn how to play like a pro.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Yakupov

It's a BIG, BIG if. I understand. But we'd be set for years to come with such a strong 1st line.

Again, if there is only one team who can actually redeem Yakupov to full value, I'd say it's Montreal. Galchenyuk can probably get through to him.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
which hypothetical scenario are you talking about, that galchenyuk would produce more w/ yakupov than he would w/ gallagher? thats not very far-fetched..

I don't disagree with that. But it might not go down that way either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad