Cossa vs Wallstedt

Who do you draft ?

• Total voters

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
You do realize Yzerman drafted Andrei Vasilevskiy, right?

If Yzerman trades up to select a goalie, you shut up and pay attention. There's a reason why Yzerman traded up to get Cossa and selected before Wallstedt. Your armature eyes might not see it just yet.

You do realize the other players Yzerman drafted in the 1st round with Tampa, right? :D:D

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Seider got walked (embarrassingly) a few times early in his NHL career. Should we be worried over the course of his next 10 years?

Or can we chalk that up to a rookie being a rooking making rookie mistakes? I'm just saying we probably shouldn't be declaring one a bust over the other based on, what... 4 months after drafting a kid. Lol

Clearly Yzerman is playing the long game. Not the short game. And that he thinks Cossa will be the better NHL goalie when the time comes.

If busts and winners are decided 4 months after the draft day, maybe NHL should work out a way to do a draft 4 months later instead. But I don't think it works that way. I think people are seeing what Edvinsson, Raymond, Seider are doing and thinking... "hey, why can't all our prospects do that!?!?". "They must be busts!!".

WJC is one of those "what have you done for me lately" events for fans to give bragging rights. It's cute.

What does this have to do with Yzerman having some shitty 1st round picks in Tampa...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
What does this have to do with Yzerman having some shitty 1st round picks in Tampa...

I should have written the meat of the point shorter and more concise. Yzerman was a straight-up rookie and didn't have his brain trust together 100%/evolving his braintrust.

Looking at his draft record, however, it looks pretty damn good to me. Especially his 1st round goalie selection.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I should have written the meat of the point shorter and more concise. Yzerman was a straight-up rookie and didn't have his brain trust together 100%/evolving his braintrust.

Looking at his draft record, however, it looks pretty damn good to me. Especially his 1st round goalie selection.

Yeah I don't deny that, but he still had some duds for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad