News Article: Cory Schneider's Devils mask is pretty cool...

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Isn't it obvious? Who will be our starter?

No, please elaborate. If Marty plays well enough to remain the starter, which would not surprise me in the least, then he remains our starting goalie. I expect it will end up being more of a 50/50 tandem but I do not believe Marty will outright lose the starting job to Schneider this season.

As for the mask, it's fine. My taste is more subtle than flashy so it looks good to me. He can have fairies and butterflies on there for all I care if he becomes our next franchise goalie with a few Stanley Cup wins and Vezina trophies under his belt.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Because Marty will begin the season as the #1 and be given absolutely every opportunity to succeed, I think he gets around 60% of the starts as a pure byproduct of that structure. 50/32 breakdown, approximately, barring injury (which may be more likely than we'd like at this point...)

Or, basically, THE Schneid gets half of back to backs plus another 10 games, probably more weighted to road trips.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
My curiosity begins to burn should we make the playoffs... Marty gets a last hurrah or winner/keeper, like Jim thinks the season will play out. That seems like it will be a burning question.

Mory Schneideur*

My curiosity begins to burn should we make the playoffs... Marty gets a last hurrah or winner/keeper, like Jim thinks the season will play out. That seems like it will be a burning question.

Why anyone would want Schneider over Brodeur in the playoffs is beyond me. Unless Schneider is in a Jonathan Quick like hot streak, I don't see anyone but Marty between the pipes.

The best thing is, we will see both guys compete and it will be good for everyone: themselves, the team, the fans, everyone.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The reason why people want Schneider over Brodeur is because they think he is the better goaltender, and he actually might be. But we'll see throughout the season. Anyway I would be ecstatic if we make the playoffs.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Has anyone made note of the White logo over a black background? Possible foreshadow to future devils alternate?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Agree, the split during the reg season is one thing, but how they handle the playoffs is potentially super sticky.

Mory Schneideur*

The reason why people want Schneider over Brodeur is because they think he is the better goaltender, and he actually might be. But we'll see throughout the season. Anyway I would be ecstatic if we make the playoffs.

You're selling our team short a bit.

Mory Schneideur*

Agree, the split during the reg season is one thing, but how they handle the playoffs is potentially super sticky.

I think its Brodeur's team to lose in the post season unless he is terribad all year long.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
we're probably going to be a bubble team.

You're overrating them, assuming you didn't honestly think they'd win 70 or 75 or whatever amount.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
i like it, tho i would personalize mine a lot more:D

I think Schneider does something with his back cap.

Brodeur isn't the starting goalie in NJ any more.

I cannot believe the reaction of the people on the NJ board. Lamoriello acquires a new starter and you mock him? Bizarre! Whatever. "The Schnied" is the best grab of the off season. NJ will improve a lot.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

I cannot believe the reaction of the people on the NJ board. Lamoriello acquires a new starter and you mock him? Bizarre! Whatever. "The Schnied" is the best grab of the off season. NJ will improve a lot.

who mocked him?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
ok im confused now. Devils fans have been overwhelmingly positive about bringing in Schneider. if you can quote someone who mocked him please

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
ok im confused now. Devils fans have been overwhelmingly positive about bringing in Schneider. if you can quote someone who mocked him please

It's bigger news than acquiring him that we've mocked him :laugh:

This is why one should not speak if unsure of what speaking about

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I agree that he was the best grab of the offseason. I don't think anyone was mocking him in here either.

Argentaliano

Jul 15, 2013
I love Marty and everything and always have and will. When you acquire a goalie like Schneider, who is basically a young stud that has the best save percentage in the last three years, it's like come on. We lost all those games last year when we outshot the other team buy a huge margin and only gave up 15 shots. The writing is on the wall.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Well let's get there first lol

That said if Schnieder's clearly better and/or playing the majority of the games by the postseason he'd start Game 1 of the playoffs. If it's close and/or they're playing a fairly even split of games, Brodeur'd start.

MJB Devils23*

Pete needs to go with his best goalie in the playoffs. Chances are is it's going to be Schneider. But Marty can still be that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad