News Article: Cory Schneider's Devils mask is pretty cool...

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Simplicity to me usualy equals a better, cleaner looking mask. When there is too much crap going on, it looks like a monstrosity.

see I agree. simplicity is a great thing…but with the schneider’s mask here, it’s like there’s too much simplicity going on, so it has the reverse effect. if that makes any sense. I don’t think anyone gives a **** what it looks like as long as he gets wins, but man that’s really, just…bad. not glittery, ‘self proclaimed king’ bad, but bad nonetheless.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't like it. Not because it doesn't have a ton of stuff (I loved hillers flat black mask), its the fact that it looks two toned. Its like two separate pieces glued together.

B A T M A N

Can we just force him to wear Weekes' mask?

kevin-weekes.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I forgot what Weekes's mask looked like, but that is pretty cool.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I like it, a lot. But I think if the top half and the bottom half of the mask was meshed together better it would be much better. Instead of having 2 distinct areas of the mask, I think if it flowed all together it would be even better. The subtle red lightning in the black part of the mask is very well done.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think the Schneider should have gone with a black mask with flames on the bottom and just the "N" part of the Devils logo on top :)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think that black logo ontop will look much better in person with the uniform. Should look badass IMO.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Todd Cordell claimed to have known a guy who made up their jerseys, and said last week that Cory was wearing number 35 again. As well as Fayne having number 7 now, and Clowe getting 29. Also Andy Greene had an A on his jersey.

How much of this is legit, I do not know.

Fayne got 7?

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Schneider's mask is absolutely horrible. I just can't fathom that you can't come up with something better and cooler when playing for a team named Devils.

Also I'm not a big fan of Daveart, I think his masks are all so childish and brutally done. But that's maybe just me.

On the other hand I don't care about the masks. Just stop the god damn puck!

Mory Schneideur*

1012524_10151805456894583_870134672_n.jpg

for reference (updated op too)

Call me crazy but I see some carry over from Marty in the design... A least the layout of things if anything...

The devils logos on the sides look like the flames & the black devils logo up top is like a version of the famous J, except that its the full logo.

Kinda seems like a continuation of Marty's mask in a suble way to me... Or it might be just me lol.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Schneider's mask is absolutely horrible. I just can't fathom that you can't come up with something better and cooler when playing for a team named Devils.

Also I'm not a big fan of Daveart, I think his masks are all so childish and brutally done. But that's maybe just me.

On the other hand I don't care about the masks. Just stop the god damn puck!

Don't get the hype with this guy either. Very hit or miss.

NC107*

Apparently he did. Wasn't there something out today about how he's wearing 7? Or was it more stuff from Cordell?

I thought I read in the past few days that he got #7 as well.
I hope he has a good year.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
Don't like it. The team is called the Devils. Needs more pentagrams.

NC107*

I don't care what his helmet looks like as long as he stops the pucks. We need him to be our number 1 by this season close.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think his mask looks fine. Don't see what all the fuss is about. But I'm more of a utilitarian anyway. If it protects his head while he stops pucks, that works for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad