News Article: Cory Schneider's Devils mask is pretty cool...

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
personally i love it. if i were a goalie, my masks would always just be a simple team logo look. i've never really been a fan of the masks with characters and stuff on them. and do my eyes percieve me or is that not a semi-matte finish? down with gloss! down with gloss!

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Mask is by DaveArt. Probably THE top mask artist at the moment, he makes the most beautiful masks. Anyone who designs will know you can only work within the bounds the client sets. If you don't like the mask blame Cory not Dave.

Don't get me wrong, the artwork itself is gorgeous. I was just hoping to maybe get a read on Schneider's personality through the mask, which at this point seems somewhat bland... not that it matters. It's just kinda fun, and helps the fans connect with the player.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Needs more ''THE SCHNEIDER'' down the sides!:nod:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
personally i love it. if i were a goalie, my masks would always just be a simple team logo look. i've never really been a fan of the masks with characters and stuff on them. and do my eyes percieve me or is that not a semi-matte finish? down with gloss! down with gloss!

he may have photographed it using pro diffused lights to prevent glare from the gloss... but as for the flat paint... ugh. Ohio is using these helmets this year. *barf* They look like WWII army helmets.

ohio_football_helmet.jpg

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
he may have photographed it using pro diffused lights to prevent glare from the gloss... but as for the flat paint... ugh. Ohio is using these helmets this year. *barf* They look like WWII army helmets.

ohio_football_helmet.jpg

well yeah, fully matte olive is going to look ugly, but i'm all for a little matte black thrown in with otherwise glossy red and white.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I think matte helmets that are done properly look great. Those Ohio helmets are just a weird color.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Clemmensen probably had the coolest masks. I don't even remember what Weekes or Danis masks looked like. I do like Marty's that he has now (Minus the dogs) I may have thought it was bland back in 93, but it's cool since he's kept it so long, minus the 3 years with the hideous MB30.

Every MB30 mask should be put in a haunted museum somewhere with other haunted objects.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Clemmensen probably had the coolest masks. I don't even remember what Weekes or Danis masks looked like. I do like Marty's that he has now (Minus the dogs) I may have thought it was bland back in 93, but it's cool since he's kept it so long, minus the 3 years with the hideous MB30.

Every MB30 mask should be put in a haunted museum somewhere with other haunted objects.

The dreaded MB30 mask. I don't even like that you can see the logo on his current mask. it was his brother's idea and all, but i feel like marty should leave the design stuff to someone else. the dogs were probably denis' idea too.

Schneider doesn't seem to be that flashy. So this fits him. Overall, I have never really liked Daveart designs.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Simplicity to me usualy equals a better, cleaner looking mask. When there is too much crap going on, it looks like a monstrosity.

I liked Moose's masks a lot, though. You can't go wrong with the Moose in a devil disguise.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I agree on the reverse logo and just to satisfy my curiosity I used the other side of the proper facing logo and I see why he did it. It would be something like this;

MASK_zps1a5c71b7.jpg~original

yuk.

Yeah thought the same thing about using the reverse to fit but yeah, yuk.

Having the Devils as your team name just lends you to some cool ****. Needs more, flames, blood, demons, skulls etc. Knowing Lou he probably has some say in this.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The dreaded MB30 mask. I don't even like that you can see the logo on his current mask. it was his brother's idea and all, but i feel like marty should leave the design stuff to someone else. the dogs were probably denis' idea too.

Schneider doesn't seem to be that flashy. So this fits him. Overall, I have never really liked Daveart designs.

Everything related to that MB30 mask needs to be put in a haunted museum somewhere. They can also take all the pucks from win number 666 and throw them in there with it.:laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Does anyone know if he is keeping his #35 or is he going back to his Boston College #1(that Luongo had)?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
What is going on with the black/white logo on the top of the helmet? Is there a reason for the random white streaks through it?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone know if he is keeping his #35 or is he going back to his Boston College #1(that Luongo had)?

Todd Cordell claimed to have known a guy who made up their jerseys, and said last week that Cory was wearing number 35 again. As well as Fayne having number 7 now, and Clowe getting 29. Also Andy Greene had an A on his jersey.

How much of this is legit, I do not know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad