OT: Cory Monteith found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
my co worker grew up with him best friends when they were young then he got famous and left his friends behind

rip

According to your friend.

*raises glass*

God damn, man.

listening to one of the local stations a few hours ago, he was reportedly seen partying real hard and acting strange. He has been in and out of rehab since he was 19.

My wife watches Glee and that show is terrible, but anyone famous who pushes hockey into limelight I like.
The police officer in me is morbidly curious about what drug he abused/OD on?

I know it might be disrespectful, but the logical thinker in me that wants all the answers is curious as well. If mrcrazy's report is anything accurate, I might go in on cocaine. One of the drugs that has psychosis to go with it if it's abused too much.

Cool Hand Goof*

Lots of people take drugs just for the hell of it.

can tell when someones sheltered as hell

"he must have been deeply depressed to be taking drugs"

or he just liked to get ****ed up and it got the best of him

Dirkph

Mancrush = Malhotra
Mar 23, 2009
Victoria
BGEj7bdCAAEg6Sy.jpg

RIP.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
can tell when someones sheltered as hell

"he must have been deeply depressed to be taking drugs"

or he just liked to get ****ed up and it got the best of him

From what I've read he had a drug addiction problem when he was younger before Glee and before he became famous. His family told him that either he was going to clean up or they were going to report him to the police and so he started getting clean and got the role in Glee. I guess he came back to it eventually.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Lots of people take drugs just for the hell of it.

I know many people who have good parents and do drugs. Drugs...I hate that word. Controlled substances, rather...often go uncontrolled. It's really unfortunate that the government doesn't just legalize and regulate them, another story for another day I'm afraid. People do drugs when they are searching for release, happiness, or a warm feeling. Sadly, many of these drugs do this and sadly they can take over your brain and make you think they are the only thing that can make you get that warm feeling. Even if you get an epiphany and realize there are better things, they are still floating in your head waiting for you to be vulnerable. And some of them even hurt you when you are going completely cold turkey against them.

TL;DR Don't do drugs

SweedishKeepers

Apr 15, 2013
Met him a few years back. Super great guy. I work in the orginization and he was nice enough to ask if he could hang with the game presentation crew knowing that all the seats were sold out. He was very low maintenance and was a giant fan. RIP

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Didnt know him or his history but sad nonetheless. RIP, stick to weed and this doesnt happen (as long as you have stable mental health in your family)

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Smiled the whole game. Very talkative and not once did he try to "big time" us. Wouldn't have known he was a celebrity

We need more of those people on Earth. That's how I would hope to act if I ever had a chance of being him.

Didnt know him or his history but sad nonetheless. RIP, stick to weed and this doesnt happen (as long as you have stable mental health in your family)

I like your philosophy. No one has ever actively suffered toking.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Okay, everyone. I shouldn't need to say this, but this is a thread about an individual who has passed away.

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing, or you will be removed from the discussion.

If you post with statistics about other deaths/worldwide events/etc., note that posts like that are not on-topic with this thread's nature (i.e.--Cory Moneith's Passing)

If you disagree with the thread's content, ignore it and do not post in it. If you post just to voice your displeasure, you will be removed from the discussion.

I shouldn't have to say this.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Didn't know who he was until yesterday, but sad news nonetheless. I was actually sitting on a patio at a bar downtown when I saw the news on my iPhone and told my friends at the table what happened, and surprisingly one of my friends actually knew him (not well though). Apparently her cousin was a friend of Cory's.

RIP

dc

May 11, 2010
Monterrey, Mexico
He came across as a really great person who seemingly went from the bottom all the way to the top. Sad ending to a good story. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna