OT: Coronavirus XXXX: Variant & Vaccination Rates Are Climbing, Let's Get to Herd Immunity Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
My energy levels were down for about a week (felt overly exhausted the first 36 hours), arm was sore for 3 days, and I possibly had a minor fever that I slept through the first night (woke up in a bunch of sweat, but no fever when I checked)
Sounds exactly like me my man, sorry to hear you're going through it too!

But hey it's 100% worth it, and even though I'll be waiting a few months yet, def be getting that 2nd dose as quickly as they allow me to. I'm only 26 so I'll be waiting a bit yet in SK haha

Reactions: Kirby

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Anyone else getting their ass kicked by Pfizer's vaccine?

I've had barely any energy for ~42 hours now, arm is sore where I got it, my whole body is sore, and my neck is inflamed lol

The neck being inflamed particularly is something I would get checked out. That doesn't sound good. A lot of people in anycase get the bolded symptoms you describe with Pfizers.
Lots of people have reported not going to work and just staying in bed for a few days. Usually these subside around 2-4days

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Anyone else getting their ass kicked by Pfizer's vaccine?

I've had barely any energy for ~42 hours now, arm is sore where I got it, my whole body is sore, and my neck is inflamed lol
I was lethargic and had body aches between hours 24-42 after my 2nd Pfizer shot. My wife had no reaction. About 1/3 to 1/2 of my friends and family had a similar side effects for one of the Pfizer shots.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Kenney and Hinshaw to hold a press conference at 1pm.

I know numbers have started to go down but I hope they're not loosening restrictions just yet - we're still incredibly high numbers.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
About 2 dozen people I know/close friends/family with have had like little to no symptoms lol, so I'm definitely a bit annoyed :laugh:

My arm was sore as hell. Felt like I just spent 10 rounds in a boxing match impersonating Matthew Tkachuk.

Other than that, honestly, I felt better the day after my shot than I did before. Felt like a million bucks.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Kenney and Hinshaw to hold a press conference at 1pm.

I know numbers have started to go down but I hope they're not loosening restrictions just yet - we're still incredibly high numbers.
My guess is they push things back to June 2, talk about the aggressive vaccine rollout out, and discuss plans around a re-opening phase that will come later.

My guess :laugh::popcorn:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The neck being inflamed particularly is something I would get checked out. That doesn't sound good. A lot of people in anycase get the bolded symptoms you describe with Pfizers.
Lots of people have reported not going to work and just staying in bed for a few days. Usually these subside around 2-4days
Yeah I had my energy drained something fierce but other than that and arm pain I'm fine

Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
My guess is they push things back to June 2, talk about the aggressive vaccine rollout out, and discuss plans around a re-opening phase that will come later.

My guess :laugh::popcorn:

Last week he mentioned something about a more centralized booking system for shots, wonder if will provide more info on that. Although he said at that time that it wouldn't be up and running till next month, so maybe something else. Maybe an update on kids either going back to school or continuing with online learning.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Last week he mentioned something about a more centralized booking system for shots, wonder if will provide more info on that. Although he said at that time that it wouldn't be up and running till next month, so maybe something else. Maybe an update on kids either going back to school or continuing with online learning.
Ya that’s my guess. Good to know about the centralized booking system. Sounds like in most parts of Alberta the vaccine rollout has been smooth other then Calgary that’s had a hard time keeping. At least that’s what I heard last week.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
When did people find that any side effects tended to kick in for Pfizer? Aside from the arm pain that is (that’s already here), been about 30 mins

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
When did people find that any side effects tended to kick in for Pfizer? Aside from the arm pain that is (that’s already here), been about 30 mins

Everybody is different, but for me I had a slight headache for the rest of the day after my shot, and a bit of a cloudy feeling the first day as well. Nothing after the first day.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Everybody is different, but for me I had a slight headache for the rest of the day after my shot, and a bit of a cloudy feeling the first day as well. Nothing after the first day.

I believe most people report side-effects for 24-48 hours, but many (like myself) don't experience any side-effects.

Thanks guys. Yeah seems like a bit of a headache and cloudiness myself at this point.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
About 2-3 hours later it started kicking my ass lol.

Shit lol. I though I heard the younger you are the more likely some of the side effects are more ‘intense’ (I don’t think severe is the right word here). I’m a bit older than you so expecting less intense symptoms but guess I’ll find out! Could be you have a really vigilant immune system? Which is probably a good thing :thumbu:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The downward side is being driven by lockdowns and vaccinations...

cases peaked on April 30th...more so to do with vaccinations IMO

There would be some due to vaccinations. Lockdowns, no. This has more to do with seasonal trends. If it had more to do with lockdowns and vax, it wouldn't explain why Manitoba's case rate has been climbing and hitting the worst amount of new cases since Covid started.

manitoba covid cases - Google Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad