OT: Coronavirus XXXX: Variant & Vaccination Rates Are Climbing, Let's Get to Herd Immunity Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The 40th thread on this turd of a topic.

Let's get this off to the start it deserves.

brown-Guernsey-cow.jpg
cow-patty.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I had my first shot of the AZ vaccine yesterday afternoon. This morning I've got a wicked fever and my head feels horrible.

On the plus side, the lucid dream I had was quite awesome. A Civil War battlefield, and I have superspeed. Great stuff.
I've hear a lot of people have one of the worse flu type symptoms and then the next day they are fine.

I just wonder if these people are getting liquored up after their shot:laugh:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I had my Pfizer shot a month ago. Called the pharmacy about when I can get my second shot. They said call 811, they are doing all 2nd shots. Called 811 and they said if you had your first shot at the pharmacy you call that pharmacy for your 2nd shot.

Glad to know everyone responsible for administering the shots knows what to do. :laugh:

The rules change so frequently and so fast even those in charge of the vaccines don’t know what they are.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I had my Pfizer shot a month ago. Called the pharmacy about when I can get my second shot. They said call 811, they are doing all 2nd shots. Called 811 and they said if you had your first shot at the pharmacy you call that pharmacy for your 2nd shot.

Glad to know everyone responsible for administering the shots knows what to do. :laugh:

The rules change so frequently and so fast even those in charge of the vaccines don’t know what they are.
Had mine at one of the AHS clinics around a month ago too. Had to wait a couple hours, but when I asked when the booster will happen, the nurse said probably around July and they would contact me.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I mean totally different scale, but it was the same thing with bars opening up.

Friends who own one were so frustrating. AGLC tells them one thing, AHS tells them another. Then they get a different person that contradicts with what one of the original people told them. This all in 4 days.

Took like two months for them to get a hold of someone higher up that was able to send them an email confirming what they had was good enough. They were told if anyone tells them otherwise show them the email with all the backup.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Had mine at one of the AHS clinics around a month ago too. Had to wait a couple hours, but when I asked when the booster will happen, the nurse said probably around July and they would contact me.
My Dad was told anywhere from 4-16 weeks after his shot he should receive a call. They told him try after 4 weeks to come back or try another place. At 14 weeks(I think 14) if he doesn't have it they told him phone them back and they'll schedule him in.

They essentially said don't 100% bank on them calling him. They should be, but how things are going things could get missed.

Reactions: oilers'72

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Welp Im fully vaccinated. (Not by choice) But Thanks Exxon Mobil for being more competent than any gov agency in canada.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I've probably repeated it ad naseum but it's kinda disappointing that Alberta doesn't have something similar to Ontario in their vaccine rollout that allows for "those who can't work from home" to sign up sooner. I guess I'll have to just keep hoping I get lucky for the next month or so until I can book an appointment; Alberta's numbers are pretty worrying.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I've probably repeated it ad naseum but it's kinda disappointing that Alberta doesn't have something similar to Ontario in their vaccine rollout that allows for "those who can't work from home" to sign up sooner. I guess I'll have to just keep hoping I get lucky for the next month or so until I can book an appointment; Alberta's numbers are pretty worrying.
I agree with you here. Even if that means me waiting longer as I can technically choose to work from home.

I still think anyone that works in any capacity at any sort of doctor's office, hospital, chiro office, anything health related really should be vaccinated. That includes receptionists, maintenance people, janitors, literally everything. Get all these people that are somehow working at places that involve our health done first. Regardless of age.

Then start chipping away at other essentially services and like you say people that can't work from home. Again regardless of age.

If you've already had covid, are you supposed to get the shot still? I tested positive a few months back.
I have heard yes. Partially because even if you did test positive there is potential it was a false positive.

I'm sure others know more.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I've hear a lot of people have one of the worse flu type symptoms and then the next day they are fine.

I just wonder if these people are getting liquored up after their shot:laugh:

I did have a few beer after mine and I was fine the next day until later in the day where I just felt a little dizzy. My wife had nothing to drink and was terrible the next day, but okay on day 2 after the shot.

I guess the beer helped.

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I did have a few beer after mine and I was fine the next day until later in the day where I just felt a little dizzy. My wife had nothing to drink and was terrible the next day, but okay on day 2 after the shot.

I guess the beer helped.
I do like my beer so I'll keep that in mind

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm wondering if I should ask for a AZ 2nd shot or Pfizer chaser..mostly joking but who knows.

So much confusion still exists and whether jurisdictions will just mix shots. Plus with availability no assurance of even getting same shot.

Seems to me, and I'm no expert haha, that getting one mrna, and one AZ wouldn't be any more effective than just one shot vaccination but this still being considered.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'm wondering if I should ask for a AZ 2nd shot or Pfizer chaser..mostly joking but who knows.

So much confusion still exists and whether jurisdictions will just mix shots. Plus with availability no assurance of even getting same shot.

Seems to me, and I'm no expert haha, that getting one mrna, and one AZ wouldn't be any more effective than just one shot vaccination but this still being considered.
I think that the sense is that two shots will still be more impactful even if it is mixed. Oxford is doing a trial on this but that will take 13 months. At this point I don't see much out there so you should probably due your due dilligence on this. The goal is to increase stimulation of the immune system so the Pfizer shot should do that but who knows. One of the reasons I had reservations about the AZ vaccine is in case supply issues made it hard or impossible to get a second dose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

When I had my 1st shot at Shoppers they said we will call you for the 2nd shot unless we don't in which case call back after a month past today (the date of my 1st shot). In other words they have no clue about the 2nd shot. An email from the Alberta vaccine site came and said if you had your 1st shot call after a month for the 2nd shot. Pharmacy says call 811. 811 says call the pharmacy.

I think I will just hop on a plane and get it in the US....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad