OT: Coronavirus XXXX: Variant & Vaccination Rates Are Climbing, Let's Get to Herd Immunity Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I’m ok with that, it’s no different than a yearly flu shot. It can be managed and administered reasonably easy like we do with the flu. But before that, we need to get to herd immunity and fast. I am way past my breaking point for quarantines, no travel, social distancing and masks. I’m not one of those out on the street protesting the health guidelines, just really f***ing tired of it.
Amen brotha

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am getting the Moderna Vaccine tomorrow. Woooo

Looks like your gonna miss out on all the Microsoft fun.

Funny thing though is now I have a buzzing in my head every time I turn on my Mac. Its very annoying and only goes away after I have turned it off. Same thing happens when I turn on my iPhone. Weird.

Also, Microsoft is now sending me emails telling me that they know where I am.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Cruise ships are transporting vacationers only, full stop.

Airplanes are transporting freight and people who travel for work purposes (and not all work can be done via a zoom call), unique technicians and special skill people travel the work plying their craft. I’m not saying I condone or agree with this (I haven’t decided ) but simply offering my take on why the airline industry still operates when cruise ships dont.
Then increase requirements for travel, even those who are traveling for work. One guys need to travel for work shouldn't put all of Canada at risk for lock downs. I get it's important for some, but it's just picking winners and losers.

I said it a long time ago, Canada and other nations failed to contain Covid because they didn't do what was necessary and half assed all the measures until it was too late.

Fully lock down the boarders weeks earlier than they did, and keep it closed till Canada had close to zero cases. It was doable, possible and would of been the safe thing to do. (Of course goods can still cross the border but not people for fun)

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

Funny thing though is now I have a buzzing in my head every time I turn on my Mac. Its very annoying and only goes away after I have turned it off. Same thing happens when I turn on my iPhone. Weird.

You can check that it's working when you go to Google Maps and it shows your current location. :sarcasm:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Stop all the planes from flying all around the world carrying variants of all types all over the world. Its not much more complicated, but just consistently those in charge in most countries would rather shut everything else down then the damn planes. Some countries had enough sense to try to stop flights as first actions. The Airline industry much have a lot of pull with global govt. The Cruise industry got shut down just like that (right move) but the Airlines. they're allowed to fly pretty much undetered AND get more huge bail outs.

Lets just call the Country Air Canada and be done with it. ;)
He was talking about scientific research, not other things we can obviously do to slow or contain the virus.

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My son and his fiancé got vaccinated with the Pfizer last night, they were on a call list from Shoppers for no shows. 2 people failed to show up so they got a call and were there in a few minutes to take their place.

People who miss their Covid vaccine appointment and do not call in to reschedule it seem to me to be the same kind of people who are running down the dock as their cruise ship with 6000 guests is just pulling away from the dock and then get pissed off when the ship keeps on going.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
My son and his fiancé got vaccinated with the Pfizer last night, they were on a call list from Shoppers for no shows. 2 people failed to show up so they got a call and were there in a few minutes to take their place.

People who miss their Covid vaccine appointment and do not call in to reschedule it seem to me to be the same kind of people who are running down the dock as their cruise ship with 6000 guests is just pulling away from the dock and then get pissed off when the ship keeps on going.

I lump them into the parent group that never lets the coach know they will be missing a practice or game. When called out, answer is usually the same - it’s just one person, what’s the big deal. Clueless of the planning that goes into a practice or game, and how unfortunately there are usually three or four of the same type on the team in a given year , multiplying the problem. People that have likely never hosted an event, or been in charge of something in their life.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I lump them into the parent group that never lets the coach know they will be missing a practice or game. When called out, answer is usually the same - it’s just one person, what’s the big deal. Clueless of the planning that goes into a practice or game, and how unfortunately there are usually three or four of the same type on the team in a given year , multiplying the problem. People that have likely never hosted an event, or been in charge of something in their life.

At PW I would duct tape my phone # on each kids hockey bag and told them it was their job to call if they couldn’t make it ( plus missing gear was their problem not their parents ) and it worked really well.

Bantam it was no call no play. You missed the first period.

Midget you missed practice with no notice you sat the next game. Only had a couple kids never call and after they sat for a game it never happened again.

Plus the kids all bought into it. Was actually a great way to build team responsibility.

It was the parents that were the issue as you say. Some parents shouldn’t be allowed near a rink.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Did they just call the location to get put on the list?

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Thanks to Pfizer I now am in love with Bing search engine, rocking with my Microsoft phone and using a Zune for my music needs

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad