OT: Coronavirus XXXIII: Moderna Joins Pfizer as the Second Approved Vaccine in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
"A research paper published on November 20th highlights a case study of almost 10 million people in China. What the study found was there were 300 cases of Coronavirus in the population being carried without any symptoms at all. So the scientists then tracked the asymptomatic carriers. The contact tracing of 1,174 “close contacts” with the asymptomatic carriers showed ZERO transmission. Not a few, not a couple, but zero -none- not a single transmission of Coronavirus from a person without symptoms"

COVID-19 Study of Almost Ten Million Finds No Evidence of Asymptomatic Spread, Media Quiet - The Last Refuge

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Dude come on. It's not about giving some cheer, it's literally about saving lives. The holidays are often very hard on people mentally and suicides are high, allowing single and alone people the ability to go see family is fine. Yes there are people who were going to break this anyways but it doesn't send the wrong message.

The message it sends is clear. We care about the people right now, and if we have to tweak restrictions to keep people alive we will. No one should be forced to be alone during the holidays, it's absolutely cruel, and allowing people to not be alone is a very good thing, the "bad messaging" be damned. The fact that the so called Doctor considers it bad messaging, is disgusting. She clearly has no care for people's mental well being.

I'm a very left leaning person but if you see negative in this you are intentionally trying to find something negative to look for.

We need more people with your ability to call out something for the good or bad that it is regardless of political party. Too many people will shit on everything that someone does because of their political party. That's one of many reasons why we are in the shitshow that we are in now IMO.

It is alleged both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are effective against this "new" mutation found in the UK. Perfect timing to convince the 50% who do not plan on taking the vaccine to do the opposite.

Interesting thought process. I do not know the exact mutation(s) in this new strain, however with the amount of cases worldwide it does not surprise me that there are numerous mutations of the original virus. IMO it is promising that it is still effective against it, but I do believe that they will need to track new variants and eventually adjust the vaccines for them once they are no longer effective against the most prominent strains.

The new mutation only seems to spread faster, and the vaccines seem to increase your mortality risk. I know which choice I'm taking.

Link?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We need more people with your ability to call out something for the good or bad that it is regardless of political party. Too many people will shit on everything that someone does because of their political party. That's one of many reasons why we are in the shitshow that we are in now IMO.

Interesting thought process. I do not know the exact mutation(s) in this new strain, however with the amount of cases worldwide it does not surprise me that there are numerous mutations of the original virus. IMO it is promising that it is still effective against it, but I do believe that they will need to track new variants and eventually adjust the vaccines for them once they are no longer effective against the most prominent strains.

Link?

Watch the James Lyon video above, or start researching pathogenic priming. Theres also a turning point video on the web with two physicians and a few studies I've linked.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Watch the James Lyon video above, or start researching pathogenic priming. Theres also a turning point video on the web with two physicians and a few studies I've linked.
I tried to look into James Lyon to see if he was at all credible and it doesn't appear like he is someone I would take as gospel. All the info of him comes from anti-vaxx blogs and that's really it. Not saying he is entirely wrong but spreading known anti-vaxxers is a little dangerous.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
"A research paper published on November 20th highlights a case study of almost 10 million people in China. What the study found was there were 300 cases of Coronavirus in the population being carried without any symptoms at all. So the scientists then tracked the asymptomatic carriers. The contact tracing of 1,174 “close contacts” with the asymptomatic carriers showed ZERO transmission. Not a few, not a couple, but zero -none- not a single transmission of Coronavirus from a person without symptoms"

COVID-19 Study of Almost Ten Million Finds No Evidence of Asymptomatic Spread, Media Quiet - The Last Refuge
They also found NO people with Covid symptoms either. 300 cases isn't a lot either so this isn't really proof of anything? The other concern is pre-symtomatic spread which they have found does. This thing about the testing in Wuhan is from months ago and it's much to small of a sample to draw any conclusions on.

Reactions: Declassified

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
One of my close friends in Edmonton has been battling headaches and some weird skin infection/swelling in his face... in hindsight he shouldn't have been visiting his father, but it was the 4 year anniversary of his mother dying of Cancer. His Dad is positive with symptoms and his symptoms all ramped up after the visit.

He's getting a test today, Christmas Eve... but likely now living with COVID infection and a maybe related skin infection and the possibility he gave his father COVID and whatever that means for the future.

He is also a healthcare worker (Nurse) in Edmonton.

Reactions: oilers'72

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
It's tough to find impartial information about the vaccine. I'm not advising anyone for or against the vaccine, but the current scientfic approach indicates the vaccines aren't proven to do all that's claimed.

From what I've read the vaccine seems to be pretty good at preventing a covid case with two or more symptoms and with a positive test. It hasn't been proven to reduce severe cases or the mildest cases or the amount of passing covid to the others. These haven't been tested (or the results haven't been published), hopefully that'll change by time. There also isn't exact information about how long the possible immunity stays or if the vaccine works for new mutations.

It's also good to note the sample size was quite small, especially with older people. I've seen talks about the vaccination being promising for old people. However, there was only three covid cases in people over 75 in the study I saw so much more research is needed. In other words just one covid case in the vaccinated group would've turned the vaccine just 75% efficient with older people.

I hope after a while we know more and I also understand for risk groups the vaccine may already make sense. But hesitation is also understandable as the small, at least partly selected sample groups and short time scale leave questions. I've read one of the top experts say a test group of 60 000 or more and a follow-up at 6,12 and 24 months would be needed to be more sure. In Finland there were lots of narcolepsy cases after the swine flue vaccination, I believe I read it took approximately 4 months for the symptoms to occur and a few years till the case became public. Lots of people also believe they got CFS from it, but of course this can't be proven as the medical system doesn't even recognize the disease well. I'm optimistic the covid vaccination will be safer, but there can't be 100% certainty yet.

I think there's some good info about the vaccine trials here:
https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/371/bmj.m4037.full.pdf

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Show me the evidence it saves people, the fact is lockdowns INCREASE mortality. So if you're in favour of them, you're in favour of more deaths not less.
Groan...this constant diatribe you are on is getting old. FYI...you can literally find any youtube video/research article/opinion piece to support any argument and then claim the other side to be false, rinse and repeat #fakenews #trumplogic

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Groan...this constant diatribe you are on is getting old. FYI...you can literally find any youtube video/research article/opinion piece to support any argument and then claim the other side to be false, rinse and repeat #fakenews #trumplogic

Don’t think any politician owns that kind of logic. That way of thinking and debating has been around long before Trump.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We can debate and discuss the issue, which is initself complex, but I think it is way out of line saying that someone is in favour of more people dying.

That is not ok.

Well if you support lockdowns, thats what you're supporting. That's what the evidence shows, even if the healthcare system is temporarily overwhelmed.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Its called informed consent, the government is promoting a vaccine campaign that may kill people without telling them the risks. Advertising theres no risk is a blatant lie. [MOD]. Apparently they forgot their hippocratic oath, and the first rule of medicine... Do no harm.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Well if you support lockdowns, thats what you're supporting. That's what the evidence shows, even if the healthcare system is temporarily overwhelmed.
No it is not. Saying someone favours people dying is a very ugly kind of rethoric. Because if someone would be, then you would be in your right to do something about it... You are choosing your papers and youtube-scientists, that is ok, but it's not ok to for you to assume that everyone buys that and that if they are not with you they are people dying.

Merry Christmas.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
No it is not. Saying someone favours people dying is a very ugly kind of rethoric. Because if someone would be, then you would be in your right to do something about it... You are choosing your papers and youtube-scientists, that is ok, but it's not ok to for you to assume that everyone buys that and that if they are not with you they are people dying.

Merry Christmas.

I'm telling you what the evidence says. Why do you think I'm saying this is a crime against humanity? The lockdowns cause more death overall with regards to covid. That doesn't even take into account the collateral damages which are enormous. Without lockdowns we'd have LESS mortality overall, and the pandemic would be shorter. If you have a paper showing otherwise I'd like to see it. I'm sick of seeing peoples opinion on the topic when they haven't dived into the research.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
I'm telling you what the evidence says. Why do you think I'm saying this is a crime against humanity? The lockdowns cause more death overall with regards to covid. That doesn't even take into account the collateral damages which are enormous. Without lockdowns we'd have LESS mortality overall, and the pandemic would be shorter. If you have a paper showing otherwise I'd like to see it. I'm sick of seeing peoples opinion on the topic when they haven't dived into the research.

I won’t be able to eat so much as a BITE of my prime rib tonight knowing my opinion makes you ill.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I won’t be able to eat so much as a BITE of my prime rib tonight knowing my opinion makes you ill.

Doesn't make me ill, but I thought you might want to know what you stand for. Don't like increased mortality, malnourished and abused children, bankrupt small business, scientific experimentation on a civilian population, etc... I'd suggest you change it, and call your MLA. I'm trying to educate people so they can have a well rounded idea of the risks versus benefits, and make informed opinions on the issue. Most people are ignorant of the models.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
EqBA7q7VoAY0lTP

From October of this year:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Serology

Recent:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Serology, antibodies and immunity

They really want us to take their vaccine.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I tried to look into James Lyon to see if he was at all credible and it doesn't appear like he is someone I would take as gospel. All the info of him comes from anti-vaxx blogs and that's really it. Not saying he is entirely wrong but spreading known anti-vaxxers is a little dangerous.

Sure, and experimenting on millions in a civilian population is perfectly safe. I'm fired up this morning.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
If you think Ivor Cummins is a good source of info for why lockdowns don't work there is no way I can take you seriously... His videos are so full of holes that it's crazy, and that you who claim to be a man of science can't see that is strange.

You are tired of people not doing the research? I am tired of people pulling research that fits their narrative out of their asses.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad