OT: Coronavirus XXVI: Keep Bickering to a Minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
All over the world numbers are rising. This isn't an issue of Albertan's partying. It's an issue of a highly contagious virus exploding now that people are forced indoors. A shutdown/lockdown was always going to be required. No amount of "social responsibility" was going to keep this thing from spreading. Especially once schools opened up.

This is the thing. I understand why gym and resteraunts would be pissed. They opened up before the spike, they are not the cause. The spike happened predictably when schools opened. It is just common sense. put a thousand kids in the same building a virus is going to spread. I think the government just wants to look like they are doing something well not attacking the real problem. Shut schools down, or stop pretending your doing anything. my two cents. The last thing we need is more out of shape unhealthy people. just silly.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What a toothless set of restrictions that were just announced. Still too much of a coward to make social gathering restrictions mandatory.

Reactions: Giggli G

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
What a toothless set of restrictions that were just announced. Still too much of a coward to make social gathering restrictions mandatory.

Yep. We may see the growth rate drop but the cases will continue growing.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
This is the thing. I understand why gym and resteraunts would be pissed. They opened up before the spike, they are not the cause. The spike happened predictably when schools opened. It is just common sense. put a thousand kids in the same building a virus is going to spread. I think the government just wants to look like they are doing something well not attacking the real problem. Shut schools down, or stop pretending your doing anything. my two cents. The last thing we need is more out of shape unhealthy people. just silly.

Exactly. Bars, restaurants, gyms have been open all summer and we were keeping numbers down. Kids go back to school early September and by mid sept numbers are rising, early November it’s spiralling.

Gonna be funny when they piss a bunch of people off with targeted lockdowns but the numbers barely go down.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And yet the most recent stats show schools are responsible for only 3% of the spread. Restaurants 1%. I guess they should shut those down too.

Reactions: oilers'72

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
This is a such a joke lol

Ah well hope they start handing out a gun and bullet for biz owners so they can kill themselves instead of being around for the repo men

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
And yet the most recent stats show schools are responsible for only 3% of the spread. Restaurants 1%. I guess they should shut those down too.
The most recent stats show they don't have a f***ing clue where the majority of the spread is happening in the province.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Exactly. Bars, restaurants, gyms have been open all summer and we were keeping numbers down. Kids go back to school early September and by mid sept numbers are rising, early November it’s spiralling.

Gonna be funny when they piss a bunch of people off with targeted lockdowns but the numbers barely go down.

Clearly just my prediction. But this will do nothing. literally zero.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Damn, I missed part of Kenney's outline because I had to take a call. I heard at the end he said something about more drastic measures if these two weeks dont see a bend in the curve. Why not just apply those measures now?

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Damn, I missed part of Kenney's outline because I had to take a call. I heard at the end he said something about more drastic measures if these two weeks dont see a bend in the curve. Why not just apply those measures now?

So more people can die?

There is no good reason, because there is no reason to believe these half assed measures will materially change the situation two weeks from now.

Reactions: HK97

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
10 new deaths today. In case you are wondering why ICU numbers aren't higher. They go down every time someone dies.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
What's sad is we as a population have no self f***ing control and people expect the government to lock us down.

Their just trying to treat us like adults.

I get groceries delivered, do my best to avoid public places, not visiting friends or family....Haven't hugged my Mom since February....

The problem is I am in the minority.

Reactions: bellagiobob

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
So more people can die?

There is no good reason, because there is no reason to believe these half assed measures will materially change the situation two weeks from now.

If they would have acted quicker (a few weeks ago) with harder measures for a couple weeks it would have been an easier task to mitigate things. Now with the numbers out of control, it'll be a daunting task and will likely need more measures at the end of Nov. Dragging his butt and procrastinating is only prolonging the pain.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
LOL. if you believe those stats. I have some ocean front property in Utah for you.
Let me know what you have for stats to back up your claim for action.

And, still waiting for that October vaccine of yours where you were going to run down the streets COVID protected and free. Lol.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
And where do you get your information that schools are the big superspreader?

About 50% of cases are of unknown origins... it's not a stretch to think they might be coming from schools, restaurants, bars and sports/fitness classes etc.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

You know why they won't. We aren't allowed to discuss it in this thread.

These restrictions they announced to day are less than the bare minimum. The fact that they are again focusing on doing this spiel where they try to appeal to some sense of the "greater good" instead of actually doing anything meaningful is so scary.

The only hope now is that the city of Edmonton and Calgary do what the city of Toronto has done and step in and do what needs to be done. Our provincial government clearly is unwilling to protect us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig