OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Now we know what the OBC is up to these days.

ca19141dc01c46077ade608c0eb80f3e_400x400.jpeg

Reactions: Dorian2

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Reactions: oilers'72 and AM

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What really grinds my gears is how the mantra is to protect senior citizens, but they don't want to seem to help themselves.

Case in point, I popped into a McDs this morning to grab a coffee for work and there's the "coffee row" senior citizens, about 6 of them all at a table, clearly violating the order of not being allowed to sit in an establishment unless its with members of your own family. Don't bother with the "Well they could be all living under one roof and maybe they're brothers." replies because all that's doing is defending them. Stuff like that annoys me.

/rant
I said this very early on in April. It's like this everywhere

Reactions: McFuhryous

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Is it true you don't have to open your door to the RCMP? That doesn't sound right.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I am having a argument with a roommate about the new rules.

There a three people living in my house
Am I wrong telling my roommate that he cannot have any friends over?

Just going to reply to this. You state the residence is your house. You state another person is a room mate in your house.

I can't think anything but that your room mate is being a complete dickwad arguing with you over this. Even if it wasn't your house, and its simply shared accommodation, and 3 people living together, there should be some mutual consideration around anybody wanting to ensure the utmost safety in the home and not have visitors.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Is it true you don't have to open your door to the RCMP? That doesn't sound right.
You have no responsibility to open the door for the RCMP. If they want in, they can get a Feeney warrant. Telewarrants don't take that long to get.

They can only come barging in for very specific circumstances, mostly where there is "hot pursuit" i.e. if you run from the cops you can't just get home and say "ha ha can't get me"

Reactions: Aerchon

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Yes not fired, but laid off or No Fault Dismissal to be exact. And you don't come right out and tell everyone, you let someone leak documents to the press stating they're considering dismissing everyone.
Sounds abit petty to me. You have to remember, these guys think this is ok. They don’t understand that the government needs to consider other factors than the pandemic. And they bought into their politics. Which is why they should be demoted, all of them. Obviously they have risen beyond their capability.

Reactions: oilers'72

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
You have no responsibility to open the door for the RCMP. If they want in, they can get a Feeney warrant. Telewarrants don't take that long to get.

They can only come barging in for very specific circumstances, mostly where there is "hot pursuit" i.e. if you run from the cops you can't just get home and say "ha ha can't get me"

Well, you actually can.

It just doesn't end well.

Man, this prison wifi sucks.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
You dont even have to open your door for the RCMP let alone a peace officer.

What Edmonton mayor cant figure out, it was a threat to try and limit social gatherings, the government cant really do it, they are just asking every one to do it.
Yes, the city needs to hire a new police force and outfit them with black uniforms amd balaclavas.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
As another example I have two friends who are in the high risk category. They are for strict lockdowns. They prefer Ford and his approach and cheered when the barbeque guy was arrested.

They are having their nephew over for dinner on Sunday and have a regular visitor from another household who will pop in daily. When I chuckled and mentioned how they are not following the orders by the letter they just said how the other house is in a bubble too and the dinner was planned ahead of time. So, yeah. I'm one of the biggest proponents for not locking people down, yet of all the people I know, I am only one of a few who will actually do my best to follow the orders. How bemusing.

I have family members who thought yesterday’s notification was just a test because they read about the National test on Wednesday that the province opted out of. It’s hard for people to comprehend and I think many just hear what they want.

Reactions: nabob

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Still no plan in place for Canada, what a surprise.

40 million vaccinations to USA by the new years, and we dont even have a plan yet.

Embarrassing but not surprising.
Canada is at the mercy of other countries like the U.S and Europe.
We will only get ours after they've rolled them out to the vulnerable and front line workers

hence why Trudeau said "early 2021" while the U.S is starting in December

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yes not fired, but laid off or No Fault Dismissal to be exact. And you don't come right out and tell everyone, you let someone leak documents to the press stating they're considering dismissing everyone.

Most of this crew were seconded so they could just immediately terminate the secondments and the people go to their old jobs while they investigate. Gets the leak out of there without harming those who didn’t do the leak.

The issue there would be that those people are likely doing crucial work to support Hinshaw so they’ll want to give it a couple days to transition to newly seconded individuals.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Canada is at the mercy of other countries like the U.S and Europe.
We will only get ours after they've rolled them out to the vulnerable and front line workers

hence why Trudeau said "early 2021" while the U.S is starting in December

Should they not have a plan or date yet? Your drinking the koolaid, so easy to please some people.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Not unless they have a search warrant

Hypothetical situation. You live alone. You have 3 friends over instead of 2. Cops come to your door.

Do you just ignore them and hope thy go away? Or are they just going to get a tele warrant? And come in anyway.

Also.

If you are part of a family household of 4 and you have a single friend that lives alone are you allowed to be one of their 2 that can visit?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Don't know law, but I don't think it's their jurisdiction. Only reason I say that is when I was living in Griesbach as a kid my bike was stolen. MP's told me they couldn't do squat if it was on city property. I got my bike back because I happened to walk by it at Northtown mall chained ot a bike rack lol. MP's were nice enough to drive me out and cut the chain when I found it though.

Reactions: Aerchon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad